Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:12 am
Just Joined

wings_and_fins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

thanks juls, this kind of information is very uplifting for us who were affeceted by the 23sept new processing directions. i hope to see this development pursued in utmost fairness by the authorities concerned. ciao.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Dear E2S,

Family sponsored is still a three year wait, unfortunately, until priorities are reset.

Cheers,

George Lombard
LOL yay!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:50 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

This just in from the Department to the MIA. I think it presents a relatively disappointing perspective that there are not large numbers of Category 5 visa grants anticipated in the current program year (to 30 June) but that those most likely to be granted are those where health and character tests have been requested by a case officer:

Processing of some State sponsored non-CSL GSM applications

There have recently been reports and speculation about the processing of some State sponsored non- Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications.

These are the Tier (or Category) 5 applications: that is, applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the (CSL).

In order to provide realistic expectations for your clients, the MIA has been discussing the matter with DIAC to obtain an accurate statement of what is happening.

DIAC has today provided the MIA with the following statement:

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

It's a bit hard to wrap a bow and Christymas paper around that one.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough

This just in from the Department to the MIA. I think it presents a relatively disappointing perspective that there are not large numbers of Category 5 visa grants anticipated in the current program year (to 30 June) but that those most likely to be granted are those where health and character tests have been requested by a case officer:

There have recently been reports and speculation about the processing of some State sponsored non- Critical Skills List (CSL) General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications.

These are the Tier (or Category) 5 applications: that is, applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and whose nominated occupation is not listed on the (CSL).

In order to provide realistic expectations for your clients, the MIA has been discussing the matter with DIAC to obtain an accurate statement of what is happening.

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks
Ritu
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George, for the information which has been perhaps the greatest news for all those in Cat 5.

Does this means that those who have front loaded health and character will not be considered.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:26 am
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

Hi All,

From all the current info. available, would anybody like to hazard a guess on how long it could be for a 176 SS application lodged in October 2009 to be assessed for someone with a profession? I am expecting a long wait, but wondered if anyone had a vague clue?

Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

hull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nicehull2perth is just really nice

Hi finally looking good, not sure where i stand could anyone advise if i hope to be one of those 3500?

GSM lodged May 29 2008
Skill assesment March/April 2008
Police and Medicals June/July 2008
State Sponsoreshiip Granted Sept 2009 (early sept)
Occupation Cabinet Maker
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

milano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hull2perth
Hi finally looking good, not sure where i stand could anyone advise if i hope to be one of those 3500?

GSM lodged May 29 2008
Skill assesment March/April 2008
Police and Medicals June/July 2008
State Sponsoreshiip Granted Sept 2009 (early sept)
Occupation Cabinet Maker
HI Hull,

R they gonna process trade persons????????? I am also trade person lodged application on 19 Dec 2007 its been 2 years. I had obtained my SS in May this year. Was requested Med/PCC in Feb 2009.

Hope for good !!!

Cheers
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

twinkleann0814 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 3500 STNI non-CSL to be processed

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Senior DIAC staff announced at a Migration Agents seminar in Adelaide yesterday that 3500 state sponsored non-CSL applications were to be processed.

That had no other details having only been advised themselves just 5 minutes before attending the seminar.

Speculation is that these will be the oldest applications in the queue, that had medicals and police clearances done and all matters addressed, just no grant made before priorities changed.

Further speculation is that these will be ASCO 1-3 only, ie no trades, as a concession to unions.
Thank you so much for this information...you never know how happy you have made a lot of people mmmmmwah
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

my heart goes out to you all who have you lives on hold. I remember too well how much this whole process takes over your every wakin moment.
Hoping for a happy ever after for you
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milano
HI Hull,

R they gonna process trade persons????????? I am also trade person lodged application on 19 Dec 2007 its been 2 years. I had obtained my SS in May this year. Was requested Med/PCC in Feb 2009.

Hope for good !!!

Cheers
Milano - on the basis of George's post I think you could well be in the 3,500 as you are SS and were asked by CO to go for medicals and checks.

I think the people that went for medicals and checks but were not actually asked might be outside the lucky group.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Yorky1969
Hi All,

From all the current info. available, would anybody like to hazard a guess on how long it could be for a 176 SS application lodged in October 2009 to be assessed for someone with a profession? I am expecting a long wait, but wondered if anyone had a vague clue?

Thanks
We are in the same boat as you, except we applied in Oct '08. For us it looks like at least 2012. So as you applied 1 year later some time after that!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

navigatoru will become famous soon enough

Well, I hope that I will be on the list.
I applied on 18.03.2009 and got SS from WA on 18.07.2009.
The CO asked for medicals and PCC on 17.08.2009. On 21.09.2009 medicals was finalized.
Now, I still waiting ...

A lot of luck for all of you that are in the same boat like me ...
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:17 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

Geeeezus! Had no idea it could be over three years!! Beginning to wonder why I bothered. Anyway....hope you get some good news soon.

Originally Posted by sooperlids
We are in the same boat as you, except we applied in Oct '08. For us it looks like at least 2012. So as you applied 1 year later some time after that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.