Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default 3500 STNI non-CSL to be processed

Senior DIAC staff announced at a Migration Agents seminar in Adelaide yesterday that 3500 state sponsored non-CSL applications were to be processed.

That had no other details having only been advised themselves just 5 minutes before attending the seminar.

Speculation is that these will be the oldest applications in the queue, that had medicals and police clearances done and all matters addressed, just no grant made before priorities changed.

Further speculation is that these will be ASCO 1-3 only, ie no trades, as a concession to unions.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:09 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

I understand that at a migration agent's compulsory professional education seminar in Melbourne yesterday, the Department provided details of further processing options being made available for "queued" state sponsored applications - at least for those in non-trade occupations.

This will, if confirmed, be good news for some.

I have asked the Migration Institute of Australia to confirm this through official channels as I don't want to give false hope to those who might still miss out, and bearing in mind that however DIAC manages the General Skilled Migration program, there is still a massive oversubscription of applications.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:11 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3500 STNI non-CSL to be processed

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Senior DIAC staff announced at a Migration Agents seminar in Adelaide yesterday that 3500 state sponsored non-CSL applications were to be processed.

That had no other details having only been advised themselves just 5 minutes before attending the seminar.

Speculation is that these will be the oldest applications in the queue, that had medicals and police clearances done and all matters addressed, just no grant made before priorities changed.

Further speculation is that these will be ASCO 1-3 only, ie no trades, as a concession to unions.
Jamie,

I've asked the MIA to confirm this as they have not had independent confirmation. Further speculation, eg a "concession to unions", might not be helpful at this stage.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:23 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Default Re: Brief Window of Hope for 176 SS applicants

Originally Posted by George Lombard
I understand that at a migration agent's compulsory professional education seminar in Melbourne yesterday, the Department provided details of further processing options being made available for "queued" state sponsored applications - at least for those in non-trade occupations.

This will, if confirmed, be good news for some.

I have asked the Migration Institute of Australia to confirm this through official channels as I don't want to give false hope to those who might still miss out, and bearing in mind that however DIAC manages the General Skilled Migration program, there is still a massive oversubscription of applications.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Further to the above, worth recalling the statistics in early October for the general skilled migration program, I must say it looks very much as though they're going to clear all the accumulated state sponsored visas:

State nominated with CSL, Unallocated 27, Allocated 720, Total 747
Family sponsored CSL, 1130, 279, 1409
All other CSL, 6335, 4289, 10624
All other State nominated, 3678, 0, 3678
MODL only, 12388, 0, 12388
Other, 15659, 0, 15659
Total, 39217, 5279, 44496
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

Oh, thank you George for the ray of hope.
Please give us some further news!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

George,

Trades vacancies increased 3x faster than other job types with the most ANZ recent job vacancies report. There's no real reason to leave them off I think.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith

Thanks for the info Jami, that is great new for many but then a again leaving tradies is no good news,
BTW the figure of 3500, is it the number they plan to allocate visa ?
Any idea as to the total number of STNI applicant who have cleared medicals and police report,

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:58 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
Latest information is that DIAC is working out what it can say publicly, at the moment though it does seem that they will be able to accommodate visas for 3500 persons, ie something less than 2000 applications, who are in category 5. Expecting nothing more until tomorrow and those able to comment publicly are not currently available.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:30 am
Just Joined

wings_and_fins is an unknown quantity at this point

Latest information is that DIAC is working out what it can say publicly, at the moment though it does seem that they will be able to accommodate visas for 3500 persons, ie something less than 2000 applications, who are in category 5. Expecting nothing more until tomorrow and those able to comment publicly are not currently available.

Cheers,

George Lombard
hi george,

how about the state sponsored visa 475 applicants? are they among the would be beneficiaries of this good news?

all the best.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged to keep the info together

George and Jamie - many thanks for your input on this
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Further to the above, worth recalling the statistics in early October for the general skilled migration program, I must say it looks very much as though they're going to clear all the accumulated state sponsored visas:

State nominated with CSL, Unallocated 27, Allocated 720, Total 747
Family sponsored CSL, 1130, 279, 1409
All other CSL, 6335, 4289, 10624
All other State nominated, 3678, 0, 3678
MODL only, 12388, 0, 12388
Other, 15659, 0, 15659
Total, 39217, 5279, 44496
Hi George
Thank for the above statistics, could you please direct me the source of above figures,

thanks
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The source was as mentioned in the first message, DIAC staff attending a CPD seminar that I was enrolled in.

The DIAC staff heard it themselves just 5 minutes before speaking to the seminar attendees, and as processing managers not policy wonks they knew little else other than the number involved.

The news was so fresh, I had passed it by SMS to George and a few other contacts before the speaker had even sat down!

Any info other than that base number comes from personal networks that George and I tapped into later.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
Originally Posted by wings_and_fins
hi george,

how about the state sponsored visa 475 applicants? are they among the would be beneficiaries of this good news?

all the best.
We too are hoping this might be good news, as we have submitted all docs, meds and PCC's.
Hopefully more updates to follow.

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 27th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Thanks for the update George - I read the thread, but seeing as I'm a family sponsored 176, non CSL etc - I don't think i'm going to get a look in.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 10:17 am
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice

looks like we are left in limbo for the weekend - I can't stop checking to see if there are any further updates! I just wish they would say one way or the other........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.