Bridging visas

Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Sattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really nice
Default Bridging visas

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on bridging visas. I'm currently in Sydney on a 457 visa, but the job that I am in is driving me to despair. We applied for 175 back in August and are in the big long queue. There is plenty of work around Sydney in my line, but the visa may be the showstopper. I don't particularly want to go down the route of getting another 457 if we don;t have to.

So I guess the question is, would we be able to get a bridging visa rather than a new 457 visa if I were to resign from my current company ? Does anyone have any experience of this ? If I were to resign to go elsewhere, would a bridging visa allow me to work ?

Thanks in advance

Martin
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bridging visas

Hi there,

Sorry can't answer your question. Hope someone can answer it though.

Where abouts in Wales you are from. We were from Pembrokeshire and are now living on the Central Coast.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Sattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really niceSattman is just really nice

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Hi there,

Sorry can't answer your question. Hope someone can answer it though.

Where abouts in Wales you are from. We were from Pembrokeshire and are now living on the Central Coast.
Cardiff born and bred, except a couple of years in Caerphilly. Currently living in Little Bay, just above Botany. Been out here for 2 1/2 years now.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

Cool.

I am an Aussie but been in the UK 20years and had enough so came back this year and I am so glad to be home at last.

My kids are grown up and have just got Dual passports so they can come to Oz to live when they want, my son is looking at coming out asap and my daughter is waiting for her partner to qualify as an Electrician in Industrial he is already qualified in Domestic and then they will also be on there way. So can't wait for the rest of the family to arrive.