Bridging Visa Query

Old Apr 20th 2018, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Charz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bridging Visa Query

Hi guys

In Perth WA, moving to Broome in mid May 18 as partner is being sponsored on 187 visa. We are submitting the visa applications in the next week (which can take 19 months) but we are currently both on WHV’s that expire in September 18

*the question*

We are going back to the UK for a family
Event mid August to Mid September 18, what bridging visa should we be getting to enable us to do this and still return, is it more than one? And is there anything we should be worried about time wise with it fast approaching

Tried to research it but getting a little confused.

Thanks for any tips
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging Visa Query

Originally Posted by Charz
Hi guys

In Perth WA, moving to Broome in mid May 18 as partner is being sponsored on 187 visa. We are submitting the visa applications in the next week (which can take 19 months) but we are currently both on WHV’s that expire in September 18

*the question*

We are going back to the UK for a family
Event mid August to Mid September 18, what bridging visa should we be getting to enable us to do this and still return, is it more than one? And is there anything we should be worried about time wise with it fast approaching

Tried to research it but getting a little confused.

Thanks for any tips
Once your WHV expires you automatically go onto a Bridging Visa A. You don't apply for it, it is given to you as a matter of course. To travel though you will need to apply for a Bridging Visa B.
Does your WHV expire before or after your return in September?
Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Charz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bridging Visa Query

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Once your WHV expires you automatically go onto a Bridging Visa A. You don't apply for it, it is given to you as a matter of course. To travel though you will need to apply for a Bridging Visa B.
Does your WHV expire before or after your return in September?
Thank you for that information

Not booked the flights yet but it’ll be extremely close to the expiry date which is on September 15th.

So if I was to return to Aus on September 14th I’d be fine but if I came back on the 16th I would of had to of applied for a Bridging Visa B, i presume?