Bridging Visa

Old May 8th 2013, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Default Bridging Visa

Hi Folks
Just a quick question, are you allowed to work on a bridging visa, while awaiting a de-facto visa grant?
Thanks in advance
Old May 8th 2013, 2:14 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging Visa

It will depend which visa you are bridging from - so if it's a 457 or another visa with work rights then yes, if it's a tourist visa (for example) then no (usually - unless you apply for work rights and can prove hardship).

Good luck.
Old May 8th 2013, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

StSabre is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find the link to the legislation, but if I remember correctly Bridging Visas issued to partner and parent visa applicants since November last year have no conditions attached - e.g. no restrictions on working.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StSabre
I can't find the link to the legislation, but if I remember correctly Bridging Visas issued to partner and parent visa applicants since November last year have no conditions attached - e.g. no restrictions on working.
Can't be sure myself on the parent ones, but de facto & Spouse, the rules definitely changed and its now possible to work COnfirmed in an email fto me rom an agent who uses the forum, earlier this year.

Applicants for Onshore spouse visas now have automatic working rights while awaiting the grant.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 8th 2013 at 7:47 am.
Old May 8th 2013, 11:10 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for my incorrect answer! I hadn't seen the changes.

Good luck.
Old May 8th 2013, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Thanks to all who replied, much appreciated
Old May 8th 2013, 12:50 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
Apologies for my incorrect answer! I hadn't seen the changes.

Good luck.
I think its only come up once on here, maybe twice, it was quite a sneaky change too, no big announcement!
Old May 8th 2013, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank Goodness for the Mods on here Polly, they are always on the ball with the changes
Old May 8th 2013, 10:29 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ireland
Thank Goodness for the Mods on here Polly, they are always on the ball with the changes
I have to be honest, that one caught me out, someone else had picked it up but thought it applied to all bridging visas. I just followed the trail and got the gen from one of our friendly local agents