Wikiposts

Bricklayer-Sydney/Perth??

Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future
Default Bricklayer-Sydney/Perth??

I have been reading a number of threads relating to bricklayers earnings but I still can't get a clear indication of earnings. We were planning on going to Sydney as were there on the 1 year WHV a few years ago but have been reading that wages are terrible for brickies there and that Perth is the only place with decent earning potential, but even in Perth it can be hard. Can anyone help with this? We are hoping to be out there next year and just trying to get a good idea about earnings.

Thanks in advance
Sarah
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

PhilnKaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bricklayer-Sydney/Perth??

Originally Posted by sarskis
I have been reading a number of threads relating to bricklayers earnings but I still can't get a clear indication of earnings. We were planning on going to Sydney as were there on the 1 year WHV a few years ago but have been reading that wages are terrible for brickies there and that Perth is the only place with decent earning potential, but even in Perth it can be hard. Can anyone help with this? We are hoping to be out there next year and just trying to get a good idea about earnings.

Thanks in advance
Sarah
I have been trying to find out to. The only thing I can say is that you can get an idea of hourly rate for builders which can be $25 - $30 p/h. I am a pricework bricklayer and although the housing sector does employ people self employed on pricework have not been able to see any vacancies advertised with prices but you don't tend to in this country really. I am just going to go and give it a go. I'm sure if you work hard you will get your reward. I am looking at Perth / Victoria but Perth is edging it at the moment as they build Brick/block cavity wall houses as opposed to brick vaneer. Good luck with everthing. I am going through Vetasses and hope to have things ready for December assesments and would like to think it possible to move in Summer holidays 2008 but will have wait and see.