Wikiposts

Booked meds for Jan few Q's

Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Booked meds for Jan few Q's

Have booked meds for Jan, applying online for 175 visa, have a TRN number but have not been asked for the medicals, does this matter? Also, do you have to have an address to send in Oz where do you get this info or will panel doc have it? Also do you know if children have to give urine sample, i have a 3 yr old (No probs) but how do i get one from a 9 month old?? Any suggestions most appreciated.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Booked meds for Jan few Q's

There is no problem front loading the meds just ensure that you passport number and TRN number are on them. The panel doctor will have the appropriate address to send the meds to and thankfully neither of your children will be required to do a urine test. Not too sure what the age is but am definite that a child of three will not have to do the urine test.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Children over the age of five will need to complete a urine test.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that, i was wondering about the 9 month old really, that would be tricky!!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Not with my 13 month old. From day one, the minute you take her nappy she goes!!!
Old Dec 12th 2007, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Trakki1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Have booked meds for Jan, applying online for 175 visa, have a TRN number but have not been asked for the medicals, does this matter? Also, do you have to have an address to send in Oz where do you get this info or will panel doc have it? Also do you know if children have to give urine sample, i have a 3 yr old (No probs) but how do i get one from a 9 month old?? Any suggestions most appreciated.
Get your meds done as soon as you can. Some areas tell you to get your meds and police checks done before you apply, others don't. When you applied online you got an email confirming receipt, on this there is a link so you can check the progress of your application. On this it will tell you what is wanted and will have a document checklist. On this checklist you can print off forms for your medicals that already have your name and TRN number on it. Also it is worth (if you haven't already) send off for your police checks as they can take up to 40 days from when the police receive them. 40 days for ours is up on sunday and we still do not have them back!

The panel docs may not have the address to send it to, ours luckily did but I know that some people were asked what address it went to. Hopefully someone on here will be able to give you that or ask the panel dr when you book your appointment. Neither of your children will need to do samples, only if they are over 5. my 5 year old couldn't wee on demand so we had to take one back!!!!

anyway, hope my waffle helps

Tracey
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:33 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trakki1976
Get your meds done as soon as you can. Some areas tell you to get your meds and police checks done before you apply, others don't. When you applied online you got an email confirming receipt, on this there is a link so you can check the progress of your application. On this it will tell you what is wanted and will have a document checklist. On this checklist you can print off forms for your medicals that already have your name and TRN number on it. Also it is worth (if you haven't already) send off for your police checks as they can take up to 40 days from when the police receive them. 40 days for ours is up on sunday and we still do not have them back!

The panel docs may not have the address to send it to, ours luckily did but I know that some people were asked what address it went to. Hopefully someone on here will be able to give you that or ask the panel dr when you book your appointment. Neither of your children will need to do samples, onlyif they are over 5. my 5 year old couldn't wee on demand so we had to take one back!!!!

anyway, hope my waffle helps

Tracey
We are currently waiting for hubbys IELTS result so we can apply for the 175 visa so we've not actually booked the medicals yet (sent off the PNC checks last month), we'll be arranging it as soon as we know about the IELTS score. I've had a look where the panel doctors are on the immigration website and i'm a bit confused about the following quote on their website:

"In most cases, you should attend a panel doctor first and, if an x-ray is required, the panel doctor will refer you to a panel radiologist. In some cases, however, you will be advised by the department that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application. In these instances, the department will supply you with a list of panel radiologists."

From reading the various threads on here it sounds like everyone has the x-ray done, do you think this is just precautionary to avoid delay in the event one is actually required?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
We are currently waiting for hubbys IELTS result so we can apply for the 175 visa so we've not actually booked the medicals yet (sent off the PNC checks last month), we'll be arranging it as soon as we know about the IELTS score. I've had a look where the panel doctors are on the immigration website and i'm a bit confused about the following quote on their website:

"In most cases, you should attend a panel doctor first and, if an x-ray is required, the panel doctor will refer you to a panel radiologist. In some cases, however, you will be advised by the department that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application. In these instances, the department will supply you with a list of panel radiologists."

From reading the various threads on here it sounds like everyone has the x-ray done, do you think this is just precautionary to avoid delay in the event one is actually required?
I've answered this on the other thread
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:50 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Speak to your panel DR first and ask them. Ours told us to get our Xrays done first so that he could see them when we went for our medicals. But they are all different so speak to the one you intend using first and see what the best proceedure is for you.

As for xrays all over 11's have to have an xray (cost for us was £45 each).

Cheers

Allan
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by allankate
Speak to your panel DR first and ask them. Ours told us to get our Xrays done first so that he could see them when we went for our medicals. But they are all different so speak to the one you intend using first and see what the best proceedure is for you.

As for xrays all over 11's have to have an xray (cost for us was £45 each).

Cheers

Allan
Thanks for the reply
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
we went for our medicals mon every thing went well, we had our xray done first,you normally book both for the same day.Our 6 year old couldnt wait to give his urine sample we had prepared him, he thought it was so funny.
Myrtle,Tony,Callum
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We've got our meds booked for 4th Jan. We had to ring up the other day to add my older 3 as my ex has said they can have them done (an extra £500 we need to find for that from somewhere now) & I got hubby to check about urine samples as our youngest 2 are 17months & nearly 3 & they don't require them for under 5's....BIG relief there as it's a nightmare trying to get a sample of a kid in nappies!

Alison
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by al150n
We've got our meds booked for 4th Jan. We had to ring up the other day to add my older 3 as my ex has said they can have them done (an extra £500 we need to find for that from somewhere now) & I got hubby to check about urine samples as our youngest 2 are 17months & nearly 3 & they don't require them for under 5's....BIG relief there as it's a nightmare trying to get a sample of a kid in nappies!

Alison
We've got ours booked for the 3rd January, it's costing us £1004 for a family of four to have it all done in one day Not looking forward to it at all.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Booked meds for Jan few Q's

Hi all,

Thought I'd throw in a reply re meds.

Having booked for ours in Jan we were led to believe that xrays are to be done before medicals and then the xrays go to the doctor who does medical and the paperwork is then all collated and sent off together. It is the doctor who does the medical that checks everything, or so it seems. If that makes any sense. Anyone 11 or over has to have xray. Under that they just have medical.

Hope that helps

J