Wikiposts

Bonus Points ; Community languages

Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Bonus Points ; Community languages

Dear friends,
My mother tongue and the language in which I have completed my school and undergraduate university degree is in community languages and I want to take advantage of this bonus.
But below the page no.34 stating that I have to include a letter from the university regarding that language as the official language(at least I do think so).
Do you have any experience with this letter? I left that country several years ago and it seems almost impossible to get a letter from them stating the university's language!.
Are my birth location,mother tongue ,university and school's location enough to support this claim? or I have to get such a this letter anyway?

Thank you for ny comment.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonus Points ; Community languages

Barbitana

Obviously the letter is the preferred evidence. Also the fact that the degree certificate and transcript are in your mother tongue, depending on what Country we are talking about, may carry weight e.g. many Indian degree certificates have the top half in the native language and the botton half in English, whichever part is completed indicates the language of instruction.

If you do not supply the preferred letter from the institution, you should at least evidence the lengths you have gone to to try and obtain such a letter - e.g. phone call and/or Emails.

Regards

Tony

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Dear friends,
My mother tongue and the language in which I have completed my school and undergraduate university degree is in community languages and I want to take advantage of this bonus.
But below the page no.34 stating that I have to include a letter from the university regarding that language as the official language(at least I do think so).
Do you have any experience with this letter? I left that country several years ago and it seems almost impossible to get a letter from them stating the university's language!.
Are my birth location,mother tongue ,university and school's location enough to support this claim? or I have to get such a this letter anyway?

Old Oct 6th 2005, 6:55 am
Nosecam

Barbitana schrieb:
    > Dear friends,
    > My mother tongue and the language in which I have completed my
    > school and undergraduate university degree is in community languages
    > and I want to take advantage of this bonus.
    > But below the page no.34 stating that I have to include a letter
    > from the university regarding that language as the official
    > language(at least I do think so).
    > Do you have any experience with this letter? I left that country
    > several years ago and it seems almost impossible to get a letter
    > from them stating the university's language!.
    > Are my birth location,mother tongue ,university and school's
    > location enough to support this claim? or I have to get such a this
    > letter anyway?
    >
    > Thank you for ny comment.
    >

Yes, I also had a letter like this requested, although my education and
mother tongue was in this language. I am sure the university has your
data on file, you need to get in contact with the matriculation service
there. I got mine 12 years after I fibnished my studies.
Which country are you talking about?

Nosecam

Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

tibidabo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Dear friends,

Just ask one of your professors to sign a letter for you with contact details included. That should be fine.