Wikiposts

birthday coming soon

Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road
Default birthday coming soon

I was hoping to get my application in for skilled independant before I hit 30, so that I can get the right number of points, and I've already got my skills assessed. The problem is with my hubbies skills, for which we need the extra 5 points. We sent his off to ACS and haven't heard back yet. I'm sure he will get a positive assessment, just don't know when...

Does anyone know if I could send an application before my birthday, and send his skills assessment later on?

Cheers!
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: birthday coming soon

Originally Posted by DeniseH
I was hoping to get my application in for skilled independant before I hit 30, so that I can get the right number of points, and I've already got my skills assessed. The problem is with my hubbies skills, for which we need the extra 5 points. We sent his off to ACS and haven't heard back yet. I'm sure he will get a positive assessment, just don't know when...

Does anyone know if I could send an application before my birthday, and send his skills assessment later on?

Cheers!
Get professional advice. This is too much of a grey area to take risks (Adelaide have been in the past quite insistent that a spouse skill assessment is received at time of application - but whether that's 100% legal or not is another question). And if your birthday is approaching you need an agent to look hard at your husband's application and see if it can be speeded up.

Why did you choose ACS for spouse skills - many people find it simpler to use Vetassess in a 50 point occuapation as long as they have a degree?

Jeremy
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road

Hi Jeremy,

My husband doesn't have a degree, but he has an MCSE and a diploma in IT, so we took the ACS route...would Vetassess also be suitable instead?

How do I go about getting professional advice on this? Should I email ASPC?

Thanks,
Denise
Old Oct 4th 2004, 11:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeniseH
Hi Jeremy,

My husband doesn't have a degree, but he has an MCSE and a diploma in IT, so we took the ACS route...would Vetassess also be suitable instead?

How do I go about getting professional advice on this? Should I email ASPC?

Thanks,
Denise
Vetassess is not such a clear option if one only has a diploma rather than a degree and they would not recognise MCSE.

If you need professional advice you need to hire a migration agent, not email ASPC.

Jeremy