Wikiposts

Birth record not found

Old May 22nd 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Birth record not found

Hello,
This query is regd birth certificate which is mandatory for 175. I guess some people from the subcontinent will be like me whose birth records were not registered with the municipality. So I got a certificate saying my birth record could not be located and it specifies my DOB also.

Will the CO accept it? In checklist, it clearly says - if birth certificate is not there, please state the reason for it.. I will submit other DOB proofs also like HighSchool Certificate...

Anybody went through this situation and convinced the CO without birth certificate?
Old May 23rd 2009, 1:25 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Birth record not found

Hello Grewal,

I am also at same boat. In my DOB certificate they mentioned few days difference...after that my parents tried to correct it..but they said it cannot be changed...even they consulted lawer..

Now my agent told me not to upload that DOB certificate in any case..he said high school certificate should be enough...and if CO asks for the DOB certificate then he will see what to do..
I am also worried...

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Hello,
This query is regd birth certificate which is mandatory for 175. I guess some people from the subcontinent will be like me whose birth records were not registered with the municipality. So I got a certificate saying my birth record could not be located and it specifies my DOB also.

Will the CO accept it? In checklist, it clearly says - if birth certificate is not there, please state the reason for it.. I will submit other DOB proofs also like HighSchool Certificate...

Anybody went through this situation and convinced the CO without birth certificate?
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Now my agent told me not to upload that DOB certificate in any case..he said high school certificate should be enough

Birth certificate is mandatory. Please go and read its description on 175 checklist "tooltip" .. They say if birth certificate is not there, please give an "official reason" for that, then only high school certificate can be considered?

I would suggest you to keep the workaround of DOB ready.
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Birth certificate is mandatory. Please go and read its description on 175 checklist "tooltip" .. They say if birth certificate is not there, please give an "official reason" for that, then only high school certificate can be considered?

I would suggest you to keep the workaround of DOB ready.
Aman ---> I think eventually diac will ask for your birth certificate. However, as the dates in other documents do not correspond to dob on your birth certificate, then I think you should get a letter of from your high school explaining the discrepancy.

Mpgrewal ---> Since I am not from the subcontinent, is it possible to for you to get a letter from from the relevant authority explaining this situation?

This is just my opinion, coz my name is quiet long and each certificate issued from elementary school to university has a different name. Since we only need uni certificate, agent says to get a letter from uni to explain this discrepancy.
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:21 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Hello,

doesn't the check list say birth certificate OR other acceptable proof of age.. i am positive i was never asked for my birth certificate..

a competent agent should be able to handle it without any trouble ..
Old May 24th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

withorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Aman & Mpgrewal --> You can get birth certificate from Passport office by presenting your passport (if from India) ..I did the same couple of yr ago, and presenting the same for 175 Visa online....
Old May 24th 2009, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have asked many people from India. There passport and school certificate was good enough as proof of age, may be you can add other a couple of more proofs. But they accept it without Birth Certificate i think.
Old May 24th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vslamba
I have asked many people from India. There passport and school certificate was good enough as proof of age, may be you can add other a couple of more proofs. But they accept it without Birth Certificate i think.
Thats good to know, Anyway I've kept the work around of Birth certificate ready..but won't upload it, until CO requests it..will go with High school and passport proof.