Wikiposts

birth certificates

Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: birth certificates

Originally Posted by al150n
The doctor at the clinic did ask if I had parental responsibility (which I do) & also asked if I had their fathers permission as he has had some grief over this in the past few months.
If you do have parental responsibilty then as far as I am aware the custodial parent does not have the right to veto a medical examination. But a family law solicitor could tell you this for sure.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthbounder
does that mean you can just turn up at registras office and get a copy of a birth cetificate. wont they need any proof etc?
In the United Kingdom there are generally no restrictions on getting birth certificates, your own or anyone elses. In places like Australia and Canada, the restrictions can be quite strict (which causes its own set of problems).
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you do have parental responsibilty then as far as I am aware the custodial parent does not have the right to veto a medical examination. But a family law solicitor could tell you this for sure.
I know they may not have the right but ex's can make life extremely hard work! My ex has ignored every court order ever put in place which is why we were expecting a hard time over the meds. He spoke to my Mum & she told him there was no way he could stop us leaving if we wanted to & we'd find another way round it if need be so there seemed little point him being awkward & he listened. He couldn't really care less about the kids having the meds but more about making my life a misery.

Alison

Last edited by al150n; Jan 12th 2008 at 7:54 pm. Reason: spelling mistake