Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Birth Certificate And Citizenship Certificate

Wikiposts

Birth Certificate And Citizenship Certificate

Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:45 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Birth Certificate And Citizenship Certificate

Dear All,

I was just wondering how or apply for Australian Citizenship certificate , if you have Australian birth certificate?

Thanks,
Old Oct 5th 2005, 10:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth Certificate And Citizenship Certificate

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Dear All,

I was just wondering how or apply for Australian Citizenship certificate , if you have Australian birth certificate?

Thanks,

If you're an Australian citizen and need evidence of this:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/119.pdf

There is a fee, check form 990i, I think it's AUD55 unless this has changed recently.

Jeremy
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply on From 119 "Application for a Certificate of Evidence of Australian Citizenship" through any Australian Mission overseas or within Australia.

There are many different conditions that you must meet, the main one is that if you were born in Australia on or after 20th August 1986, you are only an Australian citizen if at least one of your parents was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of your birth. Generally, if you were born in Australia before that date, then you would be an Australian citizen unless disqualified for some other obscure reason e.g. one of your parents was a diplomat in Australia at the time of your birth - full details are on the Information Form 975i available on the departments website.

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/975i.pdf

Regards

Tony

Dear All,

Thanks,
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
There are many different conditions that you must meet, the main one is that if you were born in Australia on or after 20th August 1986, you are only an Australian citizen if at least one of your parents was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of your birth.
Or you have lived in Australia until age 10 (the "10 year rule") irrespective of immigration status.

There are special rules if the parents are New Zealand citizens, or if you were born in the Territory of Papua before independence.

Jeremy
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:17 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Birth Certificate And Citizenship Certificate

Originally Posted by JAJ
Or you have lived in Australia until age 10 (the "10 year rule") irrespective of immigration status.

There are special rules if the parents are New Zealand citizens, or if you were born in the Territory of Papua before independence.

Jeremy
I am an Australian permenant resident sub class:137 and my wife is sub class:309 (spouse temporary visa) and he had our first baby in Australia(2 days ago).what paper work might be required for the baby, like birth certificate then form 975i etc.?

Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:32 am
JAJ
Retired

I am an Australian permenant resident sub class:137 and my wife is sub class:309 (spouse temporary visa) and he had our first baby in Australia(2 days ago).what paper work might be required for the baby, like birth certificate then form 975i etc.?

Thanks

- Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate (that's what form 119 is for), because the birth cert proves nothing
- If baby needs to travel outside Australia, an Australian passport.

Jeremy