Birth certificate

Old Mar 22nd 2015, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

zebust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Birth certificate

Hello All,

me and my wife do not have birth certificate. but our DOB is mentioned on our passports & degrees. is birth certificate mandatory for skill independent visa 189 visa.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 2:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth certificate

Originally Posted by zebust
Hello All,

me and my wife do not have birth certificate. but our DOB is mentioned on our passports & degrees. is birth certificate mandatory for skill independent visa 189 visa.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, DIBP will ask for them. If you are from the UK you can get copies here - https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, DIBP will ask for them. If you are from the UK you can get copies here - https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
I thought that it wasn't required as per the below link?

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) document checklist

"If you do not have a birth certificate, provide a certified scanned colour copy of the identification pages of at least one of the following:
passport
family book showing both parents’ names
identification document issued by the government
document issued by a court that verifies the person’s identity
other acceptable evidence that you are who you claim to be."
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but from the UK they would be expecting full birth certificates. Remember the instructions cover countries where birth certificates may not be standard.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 1:12 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
I thought that it wasn't required as per the below link?

Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) document checklist

"If you do not have a birth certificate, provide a certified scanned colour copy of the identification pages of at least one of the following:
passport
family book showing both parents’ names
identification document issued by the government
document issued by a court that verifies the person’s identity
other acceptable evidence that you are who you claim to be."
That's mainly aimed at countries which don't issue birth certificates, as we know them, on a reguar basis, or where a copy of a birth certifcate cannot be easily obtained. For the UK, as rammygirl says, they usually expect the real thing, a full birth certificate.
In addition, Australia is anal about ID and having your brth certificate will make life much easier for you in many areas
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:30 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

In addition, Australia is anal about ID and having your brth certificate will make life much easier for you in many areas
As a lifelong Aussie, I can vouch for that. I've needed my birth certificate (as well as umpteen other forms of ID) for so many things - opening a bank account, getting married (twice!), passport, tax file number, visas and lots else that I've forgotten because I'm getting old.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
As a lifelong Aussie, I can vouch for that. I've needed my birth certificate (as well as umpteen other forms of ID) for so many things - opening a bank account, getting married (twice!), passport, tax file number, visas and lots else that I've forgotten because I'm getting old.
The Medicare office asked for mine yesterday when I went to get off the ex's card and onto my own. I told the woman behind the counter that it wasn't going to happen and handed over my old card and driver's license as ID.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

That's mainly aimed at countries which don't issue birth certificates, as we know them, on a reguar basis, or where a copy of a birth certifcate cannot be easily obtained. For the UK, as rammygirl says, they usually expect the real thing, a full birth certificate.
I didn't realise, I thought the passport would suffice. My birth certificate is on the way from the UK as I type but I received my invitation yesterday. Is it better to wait and submit my certificate when it comes or just go ahead and apply?
Old Mar 28th 2015, 3:06 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, for a birth certificate from Canada I had to submit a request to get my long form birth certificate (the one that lists both parents names), the short-form card-sized birth certificate was insufficient for immigration purposes.
Old Mar 28th 2015, 3:11 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
I didn't realise, I thought the passport would suffice. My birth certificate is on the way from the UK as I type but I received my invitation yesterday. Is it better to wait and submit my certificate when it comes or just go ahead and apply?
If you have everything else ready to go I would go ahead and apply now. It takes a couple of weeks before someone even looks at your application, and you can upload more documents after you apply as they come in (unless that's changed since 2012).

After your case officer reviews what you have submitted if there is anything missing they will send you a letter listing what documents are still outstanding and you have a certain time period (I think 28 days?) to respond with them or explain if you need more time.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 1:46 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

I think in earlier posts OP mentioned he was from Pakistan?
Old Mar 29th 2015, 3:28 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by teza
I think in earlier posts OP mentioned he was from Pakistan?
Well he hasn't bothered to come back and respond to my initial post which gave the UK link, and the posts following it were clearly UK based. If the OP is talking about birth certs for people from Pakistan it would have been handy if he'd mentioned that.........

I know diddly squat or less ablout Pakistani certificates, but google yielded this NADRA Birth Certificate from Pakistan - Details & Procedure
Old Mar 29th 2015, 4:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Well he hasn't bothered to come back and respond to my initial post which gave the UK link, and the posts following it were clearly UK based. If the OP is talking about birth certs for people from Pakistan it would have been handy if he'd mentioned that.........

I know diddly squat or less ablout Pakistani certificates, but google yielded this NADRA Birth Certificate from Pakistan - Details & Procedure
His first post, from 2012, did state he was from Pakistan. I thought you would have remembered that..
Old Mar 30th 2015, 6:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mikelincs
His first post, from 2012, did state he was from Pakistan. I thought you would have remembered that..
Why? I'm glad you remember the contents of every post from a low count poster two years back mr smarty pants. Being old and snile I'm not so good at it.

Now how about answering his question? I note you didn't chip in riginally when he asked it, you could've saved a lot of people time if you had.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 7:10 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Why? I'm glad you remember the contents of every post from a low count poster two years back mr smarty pants. Being old and snile I'm not so good at it.

Now how about answering his question? I note you didn't chip in riginally when he asked it, you could've saved a lot of people time if you had.
The smileys after my post should have made you realise that the coment was just a bit tongue in cheek. I can't remember posts from yesterday even. Sorry if you didn't realise that..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.