Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Big Confusion on Recent Policy Change - Please Help

Big Confusion on Recent Policy Change - Please Help

Old Feb 14th 2010, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future
Default Re: Big Confusion on Recent Policy Change - Please Help

Originally Posted by fasi83
Thanks B1K3R,
So you mean that the current changes in the MODL would not effect my case except the MODL point?

As far as community language, actually without community language i got 115 points, i should need to 5 more points and that was the language. And i am from Pakistan and my native language is urdu (one of community language in AUS) and i study my whole education in english except urdu subject. then how can i arrange any proof for that?

Regards,
Faisal Habib
Hi faisal.
I am in the same dilemma as you.
Regarding NAATI accreditation I hope you are aware about their fees. Its quite expensive. Since we need to get professional level accreditation it will cost more then 1000AUD.

Last edited by umair; Feb 14th 2010 at 12:23 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

fasi83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by umair
Hi faisal.
I am in the same dilemma as you.
Regarding NAATI accreditation I hope you are aware about their fees. Its quite expensive. Since we need to get professional level accreditation it will cost more then 1000AUD.
Hi Umair,
I think the option of NAATI is quite difficult for us, let me tell you some answer to my questions.

1) I am from ICT profession which is also in the 176 visa option in some states, but i have read many threads regarding the rejection. My question is how much time it would take to complete the process for 176? and are the visa fee refunded in case of rejection? As i already read many case rejection threads while those peoples are in the shortage list.
2) Is 176 visa requires the skills assessment?
3) If i apply for 176 and after mid june 2010 my ASCO code again in the MODL then how it will be possible to convert 176 to 175?

Regards,
Faisal Habib
Old Feb 14th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fasi83
Hi Umair,
I think the option of NAATI is quite difficult for us, let me tell you some answer to my questions.

1) I am from ICT profession which is also in the 176 visa option in some states, but i have read many threads regarding the rejection. My question is how much time it would take to complete the process for 176? and are the visa fee refunded in case of rejection? As i already read many case rejection threads while those peoples are in the shortage list.
3) If i apply for 176 and after mid june 2010 my ASCO code again in the MODL then how it will be possible to convert 176 to 175?

Regards,
Faisal Habib
Hi,
Below are the answers:
The time varies from case to case. Some one get the outcome in 2 months while some may get in 6 months. Also no surety of getting +ve result. I think the state analyze whether the applicant can easily fill any vacancy there or not. No fee has refunded in case of rejection. By the way some states are not charging any fee for SS application.

Yes it requires

People usually convert from 175 to 176 not the vice versa why you want to do that?

Have you applied for any SS yet?
Old Feb 14th 2010, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vsuccess
I have read somewhere on immi.gov.au website that if you have more than 100 points then they keep application in a pool for 2 years. He might look around that trick in such a case for (1) fixing his application with current rules (2) get a place in a queue.
But he may not be able to submit any additional qualifications once submitted? Think he should look into this a bit more
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guys please tell me one thing regarding 5 bonus points for community language.

I used to be taught in URDU from the beginning till 12th Level, I mean the period just before my graduation. And It would not be an issue for me to write a letter from my school and college.

Also for my bachelors degree I didnot have any URDU language subjects but I was being taught in URDU language.

Can I used any one of the above for claiming 5 bonus points?

Please advice.

Thanks..

Last edited by umair; Feb 14th 2010 at 10:44 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:55 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

I used to be taught in URDU from the beginning till 12th Level, I mean the period just before my graduation. And It would not be an issue for me to write a letter from my school and college.

Also for my bachelors degree I didnot have any URDU language subjects but I was being taught in URDU language.

Please advice.

Thanks..
What does the eligibility requirement say?
To be eligible for Australian community language points you must be fluent in one of the community languages listed below.

'Fluent' means you have professional level language skills (written or oral) as evidenced by a qualification (of equivalent standard to an Australian degree) gained from a university where instruction was in one of the listed languages or be accredited with the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) at the professional level (translator/interpreter level).
Being taught up to 12th. level is not equivalent to instruction at an Australian degree level.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 2:40 am
Just Joined

alive12321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vsuccess
I have a broader suggestion for you and that is lodge your 175 application as soon as possible claiming community language points. This way it will put you in a queue. Then do one or more of the below points;
(i) Try for getting 7 in IELTS, I hope that you will do it
(ii) As others suggested, go for NAATI. See if you are successful
(iii) Immidiately apply for state sponsorship (IT is one of the occupation many states are ready to sponsor)

I would emphasize as MUST for point iii, when you will get sponsored, just convert your 175 to 176 i.e. without any charge. By that time you will be already on top of the queue. The only limitation that will come into effect after conversion to 176 is you will bound to stay in state for 2 years after getting into Australia but I assume that wouldn't be your problem. 2nd option if I was you would have choosen to attempt for IELTS to get 7 in individual band. But state sponsorship would be the easiest option at this state.
@vsuccess hi, it's very interesting suggestion to lodge application first while trying to get IELTS individual 7.0 or waiting for SS. I am in the same situation. I am waiting for WA SS which i have been applied last 3 months ago. Because of the new changes i have lost MODL points and only have 115 point now.

I wish i could lodge the application while trying and waiting for these two, IELTS 7.0 or SS. I tried to file online application for 175 before and it say that my application might be rejected cos of not enough points or something. So i cancel the form on the half way.

So my question is that is it safe to lodge application without meeting the 120 points? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alive12321
@vsuccess hi, it's very interesting suggestion to lodge application first while trying to get IELTS individual 7.0 or waiting for SS. I am in the same situation. I am waiting for WA SS which i have been applied last 3 months ago. Because of the new changes i have lost MODL points and only have 115 point now.

I wish i could lodge the application while trying and waiting for these two, IELTS 7.0 or SS. I tried to file online application for 175 before and it say that my application might be rejected cos of not enough points or something. So i cancel the form on the half way.

So my question is that is it safe to lodge application without meeting the 120 points? Thanks in advance.
No, if you do not have 120 points you are not lodging a valid 175 application. You need 120 for a 175. If you want to lodge a state sponsored 176 application you must have sponsorship first. Likewise you cannot claim bonus points for 7s in IELTS if you have not written the test yet.

So, in short...You cannot lodge an application for 175.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:39 am
Just Joined

alive12321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, if you do not have 120 points you are not lodging a valid 175 application. You need 120 for a 175. If you want to lodge a state sponsored 176 application you must have sponsorship first. Likewise you cannot claim bonus points for 7s in IELTS if you have not written the test yet.

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for your advice. I am now clearly understood. I will wait for the outcome of WA SS. If i got it, i will lodge 176 visas. In the mean time, i have already registered IELTS for test date, 20 Mar. So if i got individual 7.0 in IELTS, i can submit 175 visas without waiting WA SS.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

vsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant futurevsuccess has a brilliant future

Hi alive,

I have no experience with this and as others suggested may have some experience that you should follow.

Originally Posted by alive12321

My understanding was based on If you score less than 120 points but more than 100 points your application will be placed in reserve (the 'pool') and will remain in the pool for two (2) years after assessment. If the pass mark is lowered at any time during the two (2) year period, and your score is equal to or higher than the new pass mark, your application will then be processed further. given at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm

However, it seems that this is valid when passing marks by DIAC is decreased upto the points gained by applicant and not vice versa.

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Please advice.

Thanks..
Umair,

My Consultant told me that only required a certificate from My College Where you completed your BA/BSc that the Medium of instruction was in urdu to claim 5 Language Points. You can get it easly i think from your school or College.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Umair,

My Consultant told me that only required a certificate from My College Where you completed your BA/BSc that the Medium of instruction was in urdu to claim 5 Language Points. You can get it easly i think from your school or College.
Hi Dear,
Thanks for the reply.
So your agent is saying like getting certification from university which says that "Medium of instruction was given in URDU" can work it out?

What agent are you using?

Thanks...
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dear,
Thanks for the reply.
So your agent is saying like getting certification from university which says that "Medium of instruction was given in URDU" can work it out?

What agent are you using?

Thanks...
Dear I am on same stage like you. But I discussed it with him and he told me about that.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Dear I am on same stage like you. But I discussed it with him and he told me about that.
Have you completed bachelors? from where
Old Feb 15th 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Guys.
I am an IT Professional and currently on CSL.
Due to removal of MODL points I now left with 115 points. Therefore Now I am looking at the alternates. I have applied for VIC SS.
I am also trying to get the letter from the university to get 5 bonus points for community language. If I will not succeed to get the letter then I have a plan to retake IELTS to try for 7 bands.

Now the question is If I will manage to get 120 points and lodge the 175 visa application before the new SOL announcement how my application will treat?.

Will the new SOL get affected on my application(i.e. those who lodged after 8 feb before the mid of year). Suppose if incase my occupation will not be in the new SOL list then where I will stand? Will I get the priority processing?

What you guys recommend to me. Should I lodge the application or I should wait for the new SOL.

Please advice.
Thanks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.