Big change in circumstances please help

Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:17 am
Just Joined

rumba has a spectacular aura aboutrumba has a spectacular aura aboutrumba has a spectacular aura about
Default Big change in circumstances please help

Hi all
I am currently living in england and i am in proud posession of a 136 skilled visa which was activated in Oct 2006, due to complications in England with my former partner and daugther i have not yet made the permenant move to Oz (Melbourne is my destination). In the year just gone my situation has changed somewhat, i have now got a new girlfriend and she is pregnant, she is also Thai, legally residing in England on a visa valid until Dec 2008.
What would be the process of my attempting to move to Oz with my new girlfriend and new child would i have to completely re-apply and complete my skills assessment again or would i have any shortcuts because of my current visa.
Any advice would me much appreciated.
Regards
Alex
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Big change in circumstances please help

no idea mate.speak to an agent..they have the force!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rumba
Hi all
I am currently living in england and i am in proud posession of a 136 skilled visa which was activated in Oct 2006, due to complications in England with my former partner and daugther i have not yet made the permenant move to Oz (Melbourne is my destination). In the year just gone my situation has changed somewhat, i have now got a new girlfriend and she is pregnant, she is also Thai, legally residing in England on a visa valid until Dec 2008.
What would be the process of my attempting to move to Oz with my new girlfriend and new child would i have to completely re-apply and complete my skills assessment again or would i have any shortcuts because of my current visa.
Any advice would me much appreciated.
Regards
Alex
You will need to sponsor your new girlfriend and child for a partner or fiance visa.

For the partner visa, you need to be married or have 12 months cohabitation. You will also need to show any previous relationship has ended permanently.

It doesn't affect your visa (as you have already validated) but you may be required to show that you are "usually resident" in Australia in order to sponsor.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:33 am
Just Joined

rumba has a spectacular aura aboutrumba has a spectacular aura aboutrumba has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JAJ
You will need to sponsor your new girlfriend and child for a partner or fiance visa.

For the partner visa, you need to be married or have 12 months cohabitation. You will also need to show any previous relationship has ended permanently.

It doesn't affect your visa (as you have already validated) but you may be required to show that you are "usually resident" in Australia in order to sponsor.
Thanks for that.
It is going to be difficult to show that i "usually reside" in Australia as i have only spent 2 weeks there since gaining my visa, although what you have told me gives me hope that it is possible to achieve the move for us all