Beware Royal Mail

Old May 17th 2005, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Beware Royal Mail

Those thinking of sending important documents to Australia and planning to entrust them to Royal Mail DON'T.

I have sent 4 documents to Australia by International Signed for and 2 have been "lost". The lastest was the PCC which our decision is waiting for!!!

I sent our driving licences to New Scotland Yard to prove our ID to get PCC by registered post and they lost it as well!!!

This means that not only have they lost our driving licences but also delayed our visa decision by upto 40 days.

On top of all this they are making record profits and are increasing effeciency!!

Take note, if you want to see it again or need it to arrive DONT USE ROYAL MAIL
Old May 17th 2005, 11:35 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Beware Royal Mail

Agree !!
Our agent sent off our first TRA application via royal mail and it went walkabout,we didn't know for five weeks!! Second one via courier got there in days.
Hope they turn up Rab
Carole

Originally Posted by Rabc
Those thinking of sending important documents to Australia and planning to entrust them to Royal Mail DON'T.

I have sent 4 documents to Australia by International Signed for and 2 have been "lost". The lastest was the PCC which our decision is waiting for!!!

I sent our driving licences to New Scotland Yard to prove our ID to get PCC by registered post and they lost it as well!!!

This means that not only have they lost our driving licences but also delayed our visa decision by upto 40 days.

On top of all this they are making record profits and are increasing effeciency!!

Old May 17th 2005, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Agree !!
Our agent sent off our first TRA application via royal mail and it went walkabout,we didn't know for five weeks!! Second one via courier got there in days.
Hope they turn up Rab
Carole
Remember to try www.interparcel.com not DHL or UPS direct as you'll find that interparcel are about £20 cheaper. I used them to send my main application and it was sent via DHL, fully traceable but £20 cheaper.
Highly recommended.
Old May 17th 2005, 12:02 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

We don't send anything important though the Royal Mail as have had similar experiences with them ove the years.

Mmmm, I lost all hope the other day when I found my postman trying to force a CD package through our post-box, even though you could clearly hear the case cracking inside the packaging. So, next time I see the little darling, I'm going to ask him to buy me a replacement CD out of the reported £1000 bonus that he, along with most RM workers as reported in the press today, are supposedly receiving!!!

Nicky
Old May 17th 2005, 12:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you've been a bit unlucky. I've sent lots of things to Oz by Royal Mail and every item has arrived safely. I would agree with the other comments though, if it's THAT important to you, pay the extra and use a courier service.
Old May 17th 2005, 12:47 pm
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wmoore
Maybe you've been a bit unlucky. I've sent lots of things to Oz by Royal Mail and every item has arrived safely. I would agree with the other comments though, if it's THAT important to you, pay the extra and use a courier service.
I think it is really just a 'luck of the draw' with Royal Mail.

I have sent loads of docs throughout the year using both standard air and signed-for service and all docs have got there. Sometimes I have found that standard airmail as taken as quick as 4 days to get to Oz.

I have also used them on many occasions to send airmail packages to NZ and the US and (so far, touch wood etc...) have never had any packages going missing.

Maybe it has something to do with certain sorting offices?

T
Old May 17th 2005, 12:53 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tops
I think it is really just a 'luck of the draw' with Royal Mail.

I have sent loads of docs throughout the year using both standard air and signed-for service and all docs have got there. Sometimes I have found that standard airmail as taken as quick as 4 days to get to Oz.

I have also used them on many occasions to send airmail packages to NZ and the US and (so far, touch wood etc...) have never had any packages going missing.

Maybe it has something to do with certain sorting offices?

T
All of my stuff Oz-bound has got there within a working week. And you reminded me too - I've also sent stuff to the US that has arrived within a week.

Perhaps, as you say,some sorting offices are more efficient than others?
Old May 17th 2005, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Have to agree woth the last couple of posters that RM aren't be all bad. They have got my assessment to ACS and app to DIMIA by Internationally Signed For in under a week each time for a grand total of about £15. I guess the price reflects the increased risk in comparison to couriers.

Touch wood they caontinue to deliver for me though I admit I'd have been gutted if they had lost the DIMIA app.
Old May 17th 2005, 2:58 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We have sent both our applications to TRA by Airmail via Royal Mail & had no issues either time........ but I must admit, from reading the posts on here I was pretty damn nervous waiting to make sure they had received them!

with the main visa appl we will be sending via Interparcel.

Claire
x
Old May 17th 2005, 3:10 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

It probably depends on where you live. We live in Reading and have had LOTS of post go missing. It's not even international post, just letters sent within the UK. If I have to send something and want to be sure it gets there, I send it "special delivery" - but I'm annoyed that a first class stamps isn't good enough to guarantee the mail arrives at its destination.

Gina
Old May 17th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Angry Re: Beware Royal Mail

Well after long and fruitless telephone calls with faceless idiots it does seem as though Royal Mail have lost our PCC. They didn't even managed to make it past Tunbridge Wells. What this means is due to there complete incompetency well will have to wait upto 50-60 more days to hear if our visas are to be granted or accept a first entry date of October this year which for us is a real problem.

Can't tell you how pi$$ed off I am that our plans, after all we have been through have once again been scuppered by the brainless morons at Royal Mail.
Old May 17th 2005, 10:42 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Ooohh Rab
So sorry, was waiting for you to post that they had traced it ok.
Try to keep your chin up,
Carole

Well after long and fruitless telephone calls with faceless idiots it does seem as though Royal Mail have lost our PCC. They didn't even managed to make it past Tunbridge Wells. What this means is due to there complete incompetency well will have to wait upto 50-60 more days to hear if our visas are to be granted or accept a first entry date of October this year which for us is a real problem.

Can't tell you how pi$$ed off I am that our plans, after all we have been through have once again been scuppered by the brainless morons at Royal Mail.
Old May 18th 2005, 12:07 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Sympathies to you, but this is not the first Royal Mail 'horror story' on this forum.

Jeremy
Old May 18th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Well there is a silver lining folks, Emailed my CO last night and she confirmed that our visa was to be granted just wanted to know whther we wanted a 3 month extension to the 1st entry date because royal mail lost the PCC or if we wanted to get another one it would extend it to May 2006!!
Old May 18th 2005, 7:52 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is a silver lining folks, Emailed my CO last night and she confirmed that our visa was to be granted just wanted to know whther we wanted a 3 month extension to the 1st entry date because royal mail lost the PCC or if we wanted to get another one it would extend it to May 2006!!
Congrats
All good things come to those who wait as they say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.