is it better yourself???

Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:26 pm
Dreamin bout Brisbane!!

JoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really nice
Default is it better yourself???

Hi all,
just wondering how people feel about applying for a visa without an agent? am sure this has been discused a million times but as I'm new to all this and stuff seems to change at a pace - would be interesting to hear other's opinions
Also, in previous threads have discussed the whole mare about trying to get the consent of an ex for me and my husband to emmigrate with my 8 year old son (who really wants to go!). Has anyone represented themselves in court?
Jo x
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Re: is it better yourself???

Originally Posted by JoRobertson
Hi all,
just wondering how people feel about applying for a visa without an agent? am sure this has been discused a million times but as I'm new to all this and stuff seems to change at a pace - would be interesting to hear other's opinions
Also, in previous threads have discussed the whole mare about trying to get the consent of an ex for me and my husband to emmigrate with my 8 year old son (who really wants to go!). Has anyone represented themselves in court?
Jo x
Hi

We applied for our 175 visa without an agent. I would say fairly straight forward for us once I had spent a little time reading paperwork from DIAC website and this site is so helpful. We applied March and got our visas Sept so I feel really quick and not as stressful as expected. Good luck
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:58 pm
Dreamin bout Brisbane!!

JoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really nice

wow - quick work!!!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:52 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Hi all,
Jo x
As nbn8 indicates, a straightforward application can be handled easily enough with DIY and even with all the changes announced and some to be finalised, once that is all settled down, the regulations will be there for people to see what needs to be done, just a case of committing to reading all DIAC stuff thoroughly and being careful with making sure you have the documents to support an application, filling it in correctly etc., the Checklists being good for that and even before all the online advice you could always get extra application forms to do a dummy run, making use of explanatory notes.

Going to court is another matter and I know on the few occasions it has been needed, just the environment/atmosphere tends to put some butterflies in the stomach for me and you really need to know the law, sometimes magistrates courts having brochures etc. but only re general stuff.
Can you access Legal Aid advice in respect to getting a court order and for sure it'd be best if you could get voluntary consent, a court order obviously going to depend on strength of cases put by both parties.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

ozmania is an unknown quantity at this point

If your case is straight forward, then i would def. recommend lodging it urself without using the agent.
I am doing it without an agent, and it's going perfect with th help of BE and immi site.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:59 am
Dreamin bout Brisbane!!

6 months further on and def going it alone........
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

seban123 is on a distinguished road

always better to do it urself..
i went with an agent and he didnt provide me with the best option which pushed me to the waiting queue... and am planning to go for a second application..
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:09 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Jo x
It varies really. We applied without an agent, and I'd just say if you go down that route just to make sure you double - even triple - check everything before you send anything! I was completely paranoid that I was going to get something wrong, so I wrote the form out on paper and then typed it into the online form.

We're still waiting, but I don't think it has anything to do with submitting it ourself. I think that it's just the whole immigration changes.

Whether it's via an agent or by yourself, it will still be quite stressful! This forum is really useful though, and can help a lot.

Good luck with your application!
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 1:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seban123
always better to do it urself..
i went with an agent and he didnt provide me with the best option which pushed me to the waiting queue... and am planning to go for a second application..
Not always best to do it yourself. It totally depends on the type of visa you are going for, the time you have to spend on the application, the agent you chose, whether there are any complications with your particular application etc etc etc.

Many people manage perfectly well doing it themselves, some don't. Many couldn't do it without an agent, some find out afterwards that they could have done it alone.

If you go with an agent then you only chose a highly regarded agent who is MARA registered. Going with anyone else is false economy and you possibly stand more chance of failing. Not that going with an agent is any guarantee of success but a reputable agent will go through all the different scenarios and if there's no chance they won't take you on, if you do fit a criteria and still fail to be granted a visa, they won't charge you.