Best time of year to apply?

Old Jul 13th 2005, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best time of year to apply?

Hello all,

From what I understand, Australia only grants 'X' number of visas per year.

Does that mean if you are bottom of the list, you may be refused because the quotas are full before yours is processed? If that happened, would you roll into next year or have to apply again - and pay again?

Is there an optimum time of year for applying for a skilled independent visa - i.e., when the new quota starts?

Thanks.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best time of year to apply?

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Hello all,

Does that mean if you are bottom of the list, you may be refused because the quotas are full before yours is processed? If that happened, would you roll into next year or have to apply again - and pay again?

Is there an optimum time of year for applying for a skilled independent visa - i.e., when the new quota starts?

Thanks.
Applciations don't get refused because they have run out of visa's for the year they just get held back until the next tax year starts with the new allocations.

I don't think there is really an optimum time to apply, but the sooner you apply the sooner you are going to get the visa and the less chance of something being changed meaning you don't meet any new requirements that get introduced the visa.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:36 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Thanks.

hi, good question...........im interested in the replys. also, i dont think they refuse anybody if they run out of visas just roll you on to the next yr, and just because that may happen does not mean you have to pay again!!. are you skilled 136?

its seems from watching the site that the march, aprils onwards had a wait until july, im sure somebody will confirm this. so i think avoiding that time would be a good idea.

i think september is a good time??? will somebody confirm, thats certainly what im aiming for??!!! as all those waiting pre july will have been done and backlog down a bit?? thats my theory anyway........

amanda
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:49 pm
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Hello all,

Thanks.
NOW! ..... or as soon as you can.

Changes (including increases in the pass mark) aren't announced in advance, and are usually effective immediately. I know that many people were caught out April 1st 2004, and that was the end of their dream, regardless of their positive skills assessment.

When (and if) the quota is reached, applications are held in order until the new allocation year. So in theory the sooner your application is submitted, the sooner you get your visa regardless. I believe (10,000?) more visas are to be issued this year, so it may be unlikely that the quota is met this year.

Of course, if DIMIA are ever to repeat the 1st July fiasco of last year, you can forget all the above, and expect to be kept in the dark for months on end, watching everyone else being fast tracked, while you wait over a year for your visa.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies all.....

It's getting clearer now.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

The best advice is above which is to apply asap. I applied in the middle of Oct 03 and was granted in April 04. I front loaded my police checks and medical as I moved to Oz in March on a young persons working holiday visa (couldnt wait!). so 7 months for me, very surprised how quick it was. not sure if me coming into the country affected it, but I doubt it.

Its just luck, we had a immigration company come and see us this week (I am in recruitment) and they said the demand fluctuates all the time though the busiest load period for visa's they have found is university graduation time and also end/start of financial years. They are also under huge pressure to increase the amount of visa's available (which they have done a little) and be more responsive to high demand skills and geographies.

Apparently they are concerned with the business Visa's as people are abusing them. There could be changes there in the future.

All here say from a migration company please note.

Thanks for the replies all.....

It's getting clearer now.