Best time to move Australia

Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

milindbe will become famous soon enoughmilindbe will become famous soon enough
Default Best time to move Australia

Hi all,
Any ideas which is the best time to move Australia to search for jobs, apartments, cheap flight tickets from Europe, etc..

I know that for example in Finland early summer it's easy to find cheap rental apartments, but after summer it's not. Similarly i know that in early in calendar year it's easier to find jobs, etc..

During X-mas i think it's quite expensive to fly to Australia because their own summer vacation peak, all hotels packed and so on..

Any ideas which time of year would be the best time for immigrants to start a fresh new life? Apart from ASAP!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best time to move Australia

Originally Posted by milindbe
Hi all,
Any ideas which is the best time to move Australia to search for jobs, apartments, cheap flight tickets from Europe, etc..

I know that for example in Finland early summer it's easy to find cheap rental apartments, but after summer it's not. Similarly i know that in early in calendar year it's easier to find jobs, etc..

During X-mas i think it's quite expensive to fly to Australia because their own summer vacation peak, all hotels packed and so on..

Any ideas which time of year would be the best time for immigrants to start a fresh new life? Apart from ASAP!
The recruitment peak tends to be February, while December/January is the slowest time.

Universities start in March (which can make it harder to find apartments in some suburbs).

Weather - depends on where you are going to. Arriving straight into mid-summer in Perth or Brisbane can be difficult if you have come from the northern winter.

September is not a bad time for many people.

Jeremy
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
The recruitment peak tends to be February, while December/January is the slowest time.

Universities start in March (which can make it harder to find apartments in some suburbs).

Weather - depends on where you are going to. Arriving straight into mid-summer in Perth or Brisbane can be difficult if you have come from the northern winter.

September is not a bad time for many people.

Jeremy
Thanks for the info.
Exactly the kind of info i wanted to hear..

Anyone else?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

dedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the roughdedrei is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Best time to move Australia

I also wanted to ask the same question. Thanks Jeremy for shedding some light on this.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

And remember to all those coming to Melbourne - the Commonwealth Games are on next March (2006) - so flights, hotels, apartments, car rentals....all may be pretty pricey and booked up!!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

shivu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Hi,

I have moved to Melbourne in the month of November and market was dead (IT jobs) but I found the job in this dead situation. I advice you to come in the month of Feb-Apr and its a good time for everything ( jobs, renting, climate bla bla bla )

good luck
shivu
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thank's everyone of valuable info!!