Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Before first entry, can I travel to other countries?

Before first entry, can I travel to other countries?

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:04 am
Fongyee Long

Default Before first entry, can I travel to other countries?

Hi, I have a question. Before my first entry to Australia to validate my Visa, can I
travel to other countries? For example, I may want to go to Japan and need to apply
for a Japanese visa. Will immigration in Australia give me any problems when I make
my first entry to Australia after my Japan trip?

Thanks.

fy

Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:46 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Before first entry, can I travel to other countries?

Don't see any reason why Australia would mind your taking a trip anywhere else before entering Australia so long as you enter Australia before the stated 1st entry date and have adhered to all conditions attached to your visa, if any.

Peter
Originally posted by Fongyee Long:
Before my first entry to Australia to validate my Visa, can I
travel to other countries? For example, I may want to go to Japan and need to apply for a Japanese visa. Will immigration in Australia give me any problems when I make
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Thomas will become famous soon enough

There should be no problem in your visiting other countries. Just bear in mind that you should be landing in Australia before the "last date for first entry", given to you.

Cheers

Originally posted by Fongyee Long:
Hi, I have a question. Before my first entry to Australia to validate my Visa, can I
travel to other countries? For example, I may want to go to Japan and need to apply
for a Japanese visa. Will immigration in Australia give me any problems when I make

Thanks.

fy
Old Aug 29th 2002, 8:55 am
Jaj

Australian immigration officers won't care what country you're arriving from, as long
as your visa's ok.

Jeremy

>On 29 Aug 2002 00:04:27 -0700, [email protected] (fongyee long) wrote: Hi, I have a
    >question. Before my first entry to Australia to validate my Visa, can I travel to
    >other countries? For example, I may want to go to Japan and need to apply for a
    >Japanese visa. Will immigration in Australia give me any problems when I make my
    >first entry to Australia after my Japan trip?
    >Thanks.
    >fy