Wikiposts

Been Offered A Job In Melbourne!!!

Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:22 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Been Offered A Job In Melbourne!!!

Not been on here that long but some of you may have seen my posts about finding sales positions over there. Anyway, its not who you know, its what you know, and I recently was offered a sales role very similar to my current one. Problem is, its in Melbourne, not SYdney which is the city I've come to love. I was after some advice and help from you guys, firstly by raving about Melb and how great it is, where to go, what to do etc. I don't know a soul there unlike Syd, am leaving a very well paid role in UK and a beautiful girlfriend, and now that it looks like its gonna happen, the doubts are starting to creep in, especially as I'll be starting from scratch essentially.

The other bit of help is how easy is it to change employer on a 457? I know they have to agree to take it on etc but is it a common thing?

Also, I'm going to be on only $45k + 9% super + commission. Anyone know if this is the going rate for an IT sales role?

Thanks in advance to anyone still reading. Any invites for a loner for a beer, game of football (proper football) etc welcome.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Been Offered A Job In Melbourne!!!

you can change employer on a 457 but make sure you have one in the bag before leaving current sponsor if possible. otherwise you have 28 days to get out of the country.

can you still have medicare and get free schooling on a 457???