Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Banker in Trade finance eligible for Immigration?

Banker in Trade finance eligible for Immigration?

Old Mar 11th 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough
Default Banker in Trade finance eligible for Immigration?

Dear Freinds
One of my relative has been working more than 10 years under the role of trade finance in bank.Please review his job responsibilities and suggest if he may eligible and can map his role to any one of the occupations in SOL.

He has degree in MBA(Banking and finance) with 6 years of experience in bank in field of trade financing.

His job responsibilities are as follows:
1)Opening of Documentary credit
2)Negotiation of shipping documents under documentary credit
3)Handling documentary collection
4)Bank to bank reimbursement arrangement
5)Fund transfer to financial institution.
6)Bank to bank correspondence through SWIFT.

Regards
Fahad
Old Mar 11th 2012, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banker in Trade finance eligible for Immigration?

The best person to do this exercise is your friend himself, there will not be that many jobs on the SOL with banking or finance in the title so it is easily whittled down. Pretty lazy to expect a forum to do this, come one.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

fahadkhan389 will become famous soon enoughfahadkhan389 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The best person to do this exercise is your friend himself, there will not be that many jobs on the SOL with banking or finance in the title so it is easily whittled down. Pretty lazy to expect a forum to do this, come one.
So what if i am asking on behalf of him? any rule violation? i am asking it definitely after searching with him on SOL and we didnt find any thats why i am asking here if some one may advise if there is any job title in SOL that match for him and there is no laziness so better to be optimistic.
Old Mar 11th 2012, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
So what if i am asking on behalf of him? any rule violation? i am asking it definitely after searching with him on SOL and we didnt find any thats why i am asking here if some one may advise if there is any job title in SOL that match for him and there is no laziness so better to be optimistic.
I have not said you have been rude, I have said that your friend needs to do this himself. Seriously if he cannot work out what occupation he might fall under how can a bunch of randoms on an internet forum possibly know better.

If it is this hard, then next step is professional advice, because he is not seriously going to let someone on an internet forum take a stab at it based on six lines and then base an expensive visa application around that. It would be madness surely?
Old Mar 11th 2012, 8:31 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I have not said you have been rude, I have said that your friend needs to do this himself. Seriously if he cannot work out what occupation he might fall under how can a bunch of randoms on an internet forum possibly know better.

If it is this hard, then next step is professional advice, because he is not seriously going to let someone on an internet forum take a stab at it based on six lines and then base an expensive visa application around that. It would be madness surely?
+1

BS is right. Your relative really needs to look at the information himself, as he will be best placed to know whether the description(s) fit his occupation or not. It's very kind that you're trying to find the information for him, but with the best will in the world, you may not know all the ins & outs of what he does in his job. If he's having difficulty finding all of the information, then contacting a MARA registered agent is probably the best thing to do.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Mar 11th 2012 at 8:33 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 3:56 am
Just Joined

nishanil is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys,

I am a banker too working under trade finance and i did search for my occupation in SOL but
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nishanil
hi guys,

I am a banker too working under trade finance and i did search for my occupation in SOL but
You said in your other posts that you were included on your husband's application. Why would you be looking for your trade on the SOL if you are going to sort out your visa situation? Did you ask him if he included you? Like said to him "Did you include me on your application"?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:46 am
Just Joined

i knew this question would rise. Yes i did ask him and i am waiting for those documents to be in my hand and i shall share it with you guys. I searched for my occupation in SOL two years back and couldnt find it there. If my occupation had been there in SOL then we could have earn extra points and would have applied in sc175 i/o sc475
Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:19 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fahadkhan389
Dear Freinds
One of my relative has been working more than 10 years under the role of trade finance in bank.Please review his job responsibilities and suggest if he may eligible and can map his role to any one of the occupations in SOL.

He has degree in MBA(Banking and finance) with 6 years of experience in bank in field of trade financing.

His job responsibilities are as follows:
1)Opening of Documentary credit
2)Negotiation of shipping documents under documentary credit
3)Handling documentary collection
4)Bank to bank reimbursement arrangement
5)Fund transfer to financial institution.
6)Bank to bank correspondence through SWIFT.
In Schedule 1, I believe the closest relevant field is Accountants (which obviously is very different from Banking experts).

In Schedule 2, you have some options which may resemble "Trade Finance" professionals:

Finance Broker (222112)
Financial Market Dealer (222211)
Futures Trader (222212)
Financial Dealers nec (222299)
Financial Investment Adviser (222311)

You (or your relative) would need to match the job description against the above occupations [1] and then search which states (and/or employers) are sponsoring these occupations.

Hope this helps.

Usman

[1] http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...occupation.cfm
Old Mar 12th 2012, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i knew this question would rise. Yes i did ask him and i am waiting for those documents to be in my hand and i shall share it with you guys. I searched for my occupation in SOL two years back and couldnt find it there. If my occupation had been there in SOL then we could have earn extra points and would have applied in sc175 i/o sc475
What documents? Have you asked him if he included you? He can answer yes or no, you don't need a document?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What documents? Have you asked him if he included you? He can answer yes or no, you don't need a document?
And if he didn't, why the hell not.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And if he didn't, why the hell not.
Well we have been asking her this for days now and she still hasn't got to the bottom of it.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

guys as per him he said YES and regarding "documents" i meant "application form". Thanks for being so concerned. Actually even he took help from his fren and these days his fren is out of town so as soon as he returns back i will be able to tell you guys what actually had happened.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

guys as per him he said YES and regarding "documents" i meant "application form". Thanks for being so concerned. Actually even he took help from his fren and these days his fren is out of town so as soon as he returns back i will be able to tell you guys what actually had happened.
Well, I think his "fren" left you off the application.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uzi
In Schedule 2, you have some options which may resemble "Trade Finance" professionals:

Finance Broker (222112)
Financial Market Dealer (222211)
Futures Trader (222212)
Financial Dealers nec (222299)
Financial Investment Adviser (222311)
The only connection that has with the OP's definition is the word "Trade Finance" - your list is for "Financial Trading" which is a completely unrelated area.

Surely a "Banker" with a MBA and 6 years of experience would be better prepared to carry out their own diligence rather than asking their mate to do it on a discussion forum ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.