Bad experience with the agent

Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

mewaiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad experience with the agent

Our agent lodged our application in March, and told us that she will lodge the SS ASAP. We were told in April that the SS was lodged.
In August, I sent a email to the WA department inquiring about our application, and was warned by the agent not to contact the department when i request the STM number form her.

And during these waiting period, I was told by the agent that she will do her best to make sure my application will be finalized soon.
And the shocking news came two days ago when I was told by the agent that our application for WA SS was lodged in August only.

And the worst thing that I heard is that she mentioned that she is doing me a favor for applying the WA SS.

Did not expect such unprofessional service when we have paid $4500 dollars for the agent fee.

When I asked her month ago whether need to lodge a PLE to inform that our application is in CSL (IT profession), and she told me not to worry as our application is in good hands.

But I start to worry after all these incidents, and today I lodged a PLE to inform DIAC that our application is in CSL, so anyone have any clue whether DIAC will reply me if my application is filed by the agent?

Last edited by mewaiting; Oct 15th 2009 at 3:28 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad experience with the agent

Sorry you have had bad experience with an agent, I did at skills assessment stage and it is very stressful. I went it alone for the main application.

You won't get an answer if you have an agent they get the answer. However there is no longer a need to lodge a PLE about CSL, your agent was at least correct in this.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

mewaiting is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Bermuda:
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just clarify, I saw a few post in the forum that for IT profession and Accountant, need to lodge a PLE to inform DIAC about CSL.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

This was once the advice, however more recently several people have reported that it is not necessary as DIAC systems can differentiate.

Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
This was once the advice, however more recently several people have reported that it is not necessary as DIAC systems can differentiate.

Im goi8ng to start the application by myself, as i feel the agents say different things.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookiee06
Im goi8ng to start the application by myself, as i feel the agents say different things.
Maybe you should look at using a reputable agent then instead of the least expensive option. Ask for recommendations and check references.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:32 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Maybe you should look at using a reputable agent then instead of the least expensive option. Ask for recommendations and check references.
Did not expect such unprofessional service when we have paid $4500 dollars for the agent fee.
You are correct that you shouldn't base your decision on which agent to use by cost alone but neither does an expensive quote guarantee better service!

The amount quoted in this post is at the higher end of the scale for a GSM visa application.

Click here to view the average charges by visa type.

When choosing an agent I suggest getting a quote from a few and then doing some further investigation on the ones whose fee's you are happy with.

Regards
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SD_MOA
You are correct that you shouldn't base your decision on which agent to use by cost alone but neither does an expensive quote guarantee better service!

The amount quoted in this post is at the higher end of the scale for a GSM visa application.

Click here to view the average charges by visa type.

When choosing an agent I suggest getting a quote from a few and then doing some further investigation on the ones whose fee's you are happy with.

Regards
If you dont like agent and if you can do it on your own get rid of using form 956 & Form 1193 and make sure you have all docs and what ever they communicated with DIAC

I also have bad not bad worst nightmare with my agent and terminated them during the process. Revert back any more info on this
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

asadsherazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
If you dont like agent and if you can do it on your own get rid of using form 956 & Form 1193 and make sure you have all docs and what ever they communicated with DIAC

I also have bad not bad worst nightmare with my agent and terminated them during the process. Revert back any more info on this
Hi i am in process of getting rid of my agent who is not replying to my emails, his office is no more available...

Do i need to send both "Form 956" and "Form 1193" to remove my agent? Or "Form 956" is enough?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

elito is an unknown quantity at this point

have question? can we post the names of the companies that are good or not, specially the ones with the bad experience!? i am too in the process of starting my application but have not yet decided which agent to use!
thank you for sharing your experience with us!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elito
have question? can we post the names of the companies that are good or not, specially the ones with the bad experience!? i am too in the process of starting my application but have not yet decided which agent to use!
thank you for sharing your experience with us!
As long as the experiences are fair and honest descriptions, and no-one is telling lies about the agents they have used then all experiences are welcome.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

mstanley14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mewaiting,

I also am slightly concerned with my agency, i dont feel 100% that they sent off my application to WA for SS.

What email address did you use to check with them in WA, and what details did you write?

i think i would like to check that they are telling me the correct info.

thank you!

Matt
Old Sep 24th 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

asadsherazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
As long as the experiences are fair and honest descriptions, and no-one is telling lies about the agents they have used then all experiences are welcome.
Indeed a good idea, there must be a dedicated thread to list "Blacklisted agents". People can share their experiences under that...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 10:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mstanley14
Hi Mewaiting,

I also am slightly concerned with my agency, i dont feel 100% that they sent off my application to WA for SS.

What email address did you use to check with them in WA, and what details did you write?

i think i would like to check that they are telling me the correct info.

thank you!

Matt
If you are not confident that your agent is workign appropriately for you why then are you paying them?

WA will not communicate with you anyway if you have appointed an agent to act on your behalf, so it doesn't matter what address anyone used. You have hired an agent, so they will only deal with the agent.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 10:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asadsherazi
Indeed a good idea, there must be a dedicated thread to list "Blacklisted agents". People can share their experiences under that...
We do not have a list of "blacklisted agents" as BE has no control over agents nor does it wish to. If people want to use an agent we suggest you use one registered with MARA. They hold a list also of those who they have removed from their register.
If people have genuinely bad experiences then they can be discussed on the forum in various threads, as can good experiences but we will not allow a "blacklist" nor will we allow people to post abusive or libellous comments.aganist agents.