Wikiposts

Baby born after 491 visa grant

Old Apr 16th 2024, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Brianm93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby born after 491 visa grant

Hi everyone

I received my 491 visa grant in December and shortly after my partner and I found out we were expecting a baby. The baby is due at the end of May and we don’t intend on moving over and activating our visa until October. How do we add the baby on to the visa, or do we need to apply for a new visa for the baby and does it need to have a medical done? Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation. I’ve tried to contact the department of home affairs but it’s near impossible to get a reply from them.

thanks
Old Apr 16th 2024, 8:12 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby born after 491 visa grant

Originally Posted by Brianm93
Hi everyone

I received my 491 visa grant in December and shortly after my partner and I found out we were expecting a baby. The baby is due at the end of May and we don’t intend on moving over and activating our visa until October. How do we add the baby on to the visa, or do we need to apply for a new visa for the baby and does it need to have a medical done? Just wondering if anyone has been in this situation. I’ve tried to contact the department of home affairs but it’s near impossible to get a reply from them.

thanks
I think this is what you need - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...equent-entrant

The problem may be that you haven't activated your visa yet, so may be worth a chat with a MARA agent