British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Ayay’s questions about age limit for skilled immigration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ayay%E2%80%99s-questions-about-age-limit-skilled-immigration-937293/)

AyAy Feb 20th 2021 8:41 am

Ayay’s questions about age limit for skilled immigration

Hello Alan,

I am currently a student paramedic, on my last year for BHon. I will turn 48 by the time I graduate. I have read number of statements from people, and still clear. Is age trash hole 50 or 45? And if 50, what is my prospect of immigrating to Australia with little work experience and as a newly qualified paramedic? If 45, is there any other way to apply? Thank you

Alan Collett Feb 20th 2021 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by AyAy (Post 12975546)
Hello Alan,

I am currently a student paramedic, on my last year for BHon. I will turn 48 by the time I graduate. I have read number of statements from people, and still clear. Is age trash hole 50 or 45? And if 50, what is my prospect of immigrating to Australia with little work experience and as a newly qualified paramedic? If 45, is there any other way to apply? Thank you

From what you have said I fear your skilled visa prospects are not good.

Best regards.

AyAy Feb 23rd 2021 8:02 pm

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your reply. Ok, I have read a few blogs in the past, which stated that age limit was 50, but then I heard that this has recently changed to 45. Am I correct? Another thing I would like mention that, in this platform, in other blogs about immigrating to Australia, I read some comments from Australian people that I found very very disappointing and hostile. Which makes me understand that Australians don't want people immigrating to their country, even thought the point system proves that government allows immigration.

christmasoompa Feb 23rd 2021 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by AyAy (Post 12976777)
Another thing I would like mention that, in this platform, in other blogs about immigrating to Australia, I read some comments from Australian people that I found very very disappointing and hostile. Which makes me understand that Australians don't want people immigrating to their country, even thought the point system proves that government allows immigration.

Not sure what you mean by ‘in this platform, in other blogs’? This platform is a forum aimed at British Expats, did you mean a blog website? If so, a link may be useful so people can read what you’re asking about.

But I’ll move your posts to a thread of your own, this thread is over a year old so you may not get many responses putting your questions on such an old thread.

HTH.

quoll Feb 23rd 2021 10:16 pm

Re: Ayay’s questions about age limit for skilled immigration

Originally Posted by AyAy (Post 12976777)
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your reply. Ok, I have read a few blogs in the past, which stated that age limit was 50, but then I heard that this has recently changed to 45. Am I correct? Another thing I would like mention that, in this platform, in other blogs about immigrating to Australia, I read some comments from Australian people that I found very very disappointing and hostile. Which makes me understand that Australians don't want people immigrating to their country, even thought the point system proves that government allows immigration.

It's been 45 for quite a while now. Sorry if you find the Australian people hostile, you'll get used to it. However, if you are over 45, as you seem to be, your chances are going to be slim to none.

AyAy Mar 8th 2021 7:44 pm

I have replied to you, with the links where I read these things I mentioned above, and it doesn't look like my reply shows here. How starting.

christmasoompa Mar 9th 2021 11:24 am

Originally Posted by AyAy (Post 12981371)
I have replied to you, with the links where I read these things I mentioned above, and it doesn't look like my reply shows here. How starting.

I can't find anything from you in the mod queue? As you're a new member any posts with links in will normally go in to a mod queue for one of us to manually approve (it's an anti-spam measure).

AyAy Mar 10th 2021 11:45 am

Hello, I am not sure how this platform works, if you read my previous emails and Alan's maybe, that will help. Regards

old.sparkles Mar 13th 2021 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by AyAy (Post 12982017)
Hello, I am not sure how this platform works, if you read my previous emails and Alan's maybe, that will help. Regards

By emails, do you mean posts?

I can see no links in your posts, but new members cannot initially add links to posts and if they do, they are moderated to wait for approval or deletion by a site moderator as Christmasoompah stated. As you have no posts awaiting moderation, then you have not posted any links.

But really that is besides the point. The age limit for skilled migration is 45. Add to that, it is difficulty to reach the points required as you get older. Given that you are already too old, and have not completed your studies / do not meet the requirements for skilled migration, then your options are very limited. Perhaps start here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...sa/visa-finder but you can also see the eligibility for the 189 visa here - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ed#Eligibility (189 visa is the independent, permanent resident visa).

AyAy Mar 16th 2021 7:11 pm

Thank you for your help. But I am not too old as you stated, I am older than what is required for a visa.

spouse of scouse Mar 17th 2021 5:06 am

Hello AyAy. You have been given very clear information in response to your question about the age limit for skilled migration. Should you wish to explore alternative visas such as business/investor or family visas, please follow the 'visa finder' link that Old Sparkles has provided to you. If you meet the criteria for any of those visas please feel free to ask questions specific to those visas.

AyAy Mar 19th 2021 12:26 pm

I am not sure what your message is referring to? My last message was about how Old Sparkles called me, 'too old', which I gave my feed back on it. However, you now changed the subject. In response to your message, I got the information from Old Sparkles already thank you, which I thanked him for it, which I did not further questioned it. So what your email has anything to do with me being called "too old" ?

Thank you

christmasoompa Mar 19th 2021 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by AyAy (Post 12985431)
I am not sure what your email is referring to? My last message was about how Old Sparkles called me, 'too old', which I tried to give my feed back. But you changed the subject now. In response to your message, I got the information already from Old Sparkles already thank you, which I thanked him for it, which I did not further questioned it. So what your email has anything to do with me being called "too old" ?

I think there's crossed wires here somehow. The 'too old' just meant in terms of eligibility for the particular visa you asked about - it wasn't a personal slight!

So you are too old to be eligible for that visa, as you are above the upper age limit. But SpouseofScouse has very helpfully responded saying that there may be other visa options. So perhaps have another read of the link you've been given above and see if there is any other visa route that may be open to you instead.

I'll close this thread now as you have your answer, but do feel free to open another thread if you have questions about a different visa.

Good luck.