Authority to enter Australian States

Old Jun 25th 2021, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Scoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Authority to enter Australian States

Hi All

We have booked our flights to Australia! I phoned the dept of home affairs for some clarity on what we need to next and they directed me to this page: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/before-i-travel
On there, it states that I need 'authority to enter Australian states or territories' and it provides a link to the departments of health for each state.

We are travelling to NSW so I called their health department number and the call handler didn't really understand why I was calling and suggested I speak to my nearest Australian embassy.

So... does anyone on here know if I need to anything more than the following, before I fly:
  • complete a travel declaration
  • obtain a negative PCR test within 72hr of travelling
  • obtain travel exemption (I have PR and my partner has citizeship so we were advised that we do not need this)
Thanks!
Scott
Old Jun 25th 2021, 5:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Authority to enter Australian States

Originally Posted by Scoosh
Hi All

We have booked our flights to Australia! I phoned the dept of home affairs for some clarity on what we need to next and they directed me to this page: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/before-i-travel
On there, it states that I need 'authority to enter Australian states or territories' and it provides a link to the departments of health for each state.

We are travelling to NSW so I called their health department number and the call handler didn't really understand why I was calling and suggested I speak to my nearest Australian embassy.

So... does anyone on here know if I need to anything more than the following, before I fly:
  • complete a travel declaration
  • obtain a negative PCR test within 72hr of travelling
  • obtain travel exemption (I have PR and my partner has citizeship so we were advised that we do not need this)
Thanks!
Scott
Some States (WA is one) require an additional permit before you can enter. At present NSW does not require any additional forms to be filled in by arrivals from abroad.
Old Jun 27th 2021, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Scoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Authority to enter Australian States

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Some States (WA is one) require an additional permit before you can enter. At present NSW does not require any additional forms to be filled in by arrivals from abroad.
Thank you Pollyana
Old Jun 28th 2021, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Authority to enter Australian States

But be aware things change rapidly so keep checking.