AustraliaPR limitations

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

sherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nicesherry9oct is just really nice
Default AustraliaPR limitations

I request senior member of this forum to through light on below things

1.Once the PR issued , there will be any date given to make our first entry
2.How long we need to stay in australia to apply citizenship
3.Is it possible to stay outside australia for continuously for 3 years , after the PR is issued
4.What advantage will my PR give me if i start doing Masters in Australia.
Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:33 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AustraliaPR limitations

Originally Posted by sherry9oct
I request senior member of this forum to through light on below things

1.Once the PR issued , there will be any date given to make our first entry
2.How long we need to stay in australia to apply citizenship
3.Is it possible to stay outside australia for continuously for 3 years , after the PR is issued
4.What advantage will my PR give me if i start doing Masters in Australia.
Thanks
1) Your medical expires after 1 year. So, you have to enter Australia before the date of your medical expiration. That is if you medical was done on 11 May, 2009 and you have been granted visa on 21st Oct, 2009, then you have to enter Aus by 10 May, 2010.

2) You have to stay for 4 years to apply for citizenship. The stay may or may not be a continuous one.

3) After validating your visa by visiting aus for the first time, yes, you can stay for 3 years outside australia but you have to make sure, you enter aus before your PR visa expires.

4) Not sure if there is an added advantage of PR on your Masters in Aus.

I hope it helps!!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

aussies is an unknown quantity at this point

If you apply for Masters to some Univ with A PR then there will some grants/fee reduction.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Kaneez is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the case if the person is living in aus continuously for two years and then he get PR. Does it mean that he has to live there for further two more years to apply for Citizenship as his total stay will be 4 years or should it be four years after PR grant?
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mukesam
1) Your medical expires after 1 year. So, you have to enter Australia before the date of your medical expiration. That is if you medical was done on 11 May, 2009 and you have been granted visa on 21st Oct, 2009, then you have to enter Aus by 10 May, 2010. This is USUALLY the date entry must be made by but not always - check your grant

2) You have to stay for 4 years to apply for citizenship. The stay may or may not be a continuous one. Not quite right there is a requirement to not have been out of the country for more than a certain number of days in the run up to application

3) After validating your visa by visiting aus for the first time, yes, you can stay for 3 years outside australia but you have to make sure, you enter aus before your PR visa expires.

4) Not sure if there is an added advantage of PR on your Masters in Aus.

I hope it helps!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Kaneez
What about the case if the person is living in aus continuously for two years and then he get PR. Does it mean that he has to live there for further two more years to apply for Citizenship as his total stay will be 4 years or should it be four years after PR grant?
temp residency can count towards citizenship but some ( i think at least one year) must be PR