British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Australian Police Check (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/australian-police-check-566545/)

emmyjc1 Oct 11th 2008 2:49 pm

Australian Police Check

Hi All
I wonder if anyone who has applied for a Australian Police check could tell me the timescale for it being completed and recieved. I know they recieved it at the end of september as my mum sent it for me by recorded post from australia. I have recived my uk one back today and i'm just waiting for the australian police check to arrive now back with me so i can send to my CO!
Thanks

jigglyboobies Oct 12th 2008 10:36 pm

Australian Police Check

hi mine took less that they quoted - I think they said 6 weeks or something - mine was super quick - like 20 days.
comes back on a rubbishy bit of paper that looks like you've knocked it up yourself!

SillyOldBag Oct 13th 2008 4:05 am

Re: Australian Police Check

I just sent off for mine today .... guaranteed delivery tomorrow .... am hoping for a reply Wednesday!!! :D

Ok, so I realise that's just a tad unrealistic, but there's no harm in hoping! Seriously though, I do need it back pronto as I need to get my temp spouse visa application in soon - so if anyone wants to join me in finger crossing then it would be much appreciated :thumbsup: and fingers crossed you get yours back soon too emmyjc1 - it's horrible when things are outside of our control and all we can do is wait!

emmyjc1 Oct 13th 2008 4:54 am

Im in the UK though so hoping it wont be too long. They will send it back by airmail won't they. Silly were u in the UK when u got yours?

SillyOldBag Oct 13th 2008 5:23 am

I'm sure they will send it airmail - it would be a bit harsh otherwise! I'm in Australia now emmy so have applied from over here - to be honest, I did actually send off for one in January in case it was needed as I had been in Australia cumulatively just under a year, but I never got a response and it wasn't needed anyway, so that worked out ok - I probably did something daft that meant it couldn't be processed, knowing me!

emmyjc1 Oct 13th 2008 7:34 am

Thanks I hope it comes soon its all im waiting for! I have lived in Oz for 12 months Aug 07 -08 im in the UK now thats why I need one. I got the UK one back on Saturday - its very posh! :p

wogboy Oct 13th 2008 8:04 am

i got my one in 5-7 days .... but i am onshore , not sure for offshore application, max is 28 days (not including postage time).

SillyOldBag Oct 13th 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by wogboy (Post 6869324)
i got my one in 5-7 days .... but i am onshore , not sure for offshore application, max is 28 days (not including postage time).

That's great to know! Thanks for that! I'll start glaring at the post box from next week then :thumbsup:

De Mange Oct 13th 2008 8:48 am

I had to call to chase one up - think the original one got lost in the post.

They said they would send a duplicate that same day which took about a week to arrive in the UK.

Overall I think about 3 weeks start to finish is realistic.

emmyjc1 Oct 13th 2008 9:56 am

Cool - I think that I should expect it this week then - OMG everything will be done then!!!!

wogboy Oct 13th 2008 10:05 am

Originally Posted by emmyjc1 (Post 6869578)
Cool - I think that I should expect it this week then - OMG everything will be done then!!!!

You mention before that your mum send the doc from aus regarding the pcc , always is better and more secure if she put returned address in australia , then she can scan and sent to you by email ,if diac request the original it can be sent from aus as well. it is pointless to put foreign address on self addressed envelope if u have someone who can care receive here. I don't trust oz post , they lost few my letters, cos the staff who separate them are so hopeless. they dont know differences between europe and asia for them everything is "same". Better pay bit more $ and use dhl, fedeex ..etc at least u know it will reach the final destination.

emmyjc1 Oct 13th 2008 10:42 am

Um yeah bit late to say to do that now- also you need to have the form sent to your current address which is in the the UK and it needs to be original.

Matlissa Oct 14th 2008 3:01 am

My Australian one took 11 days, and the UK one took 2, they had made a mistake on it, so they had to resend it, on the same day.
(I am applying onshore, so I got my dad to send it on - lucky I did really).
Hopefully yours will be quick too!

SillyOldBag Oct 28th 2008 1:31 am

Just received all my paperwork back from the Police, two weeks after sending it. Apparently the fee went up to $43.00 and the forms weren't updated on the Immigration website immediately so I've got to send it all back again!

I'm gutted and feeling very down in the dumps, not often that happens!

jancath2008 Oct 28th 2008 1:43 am

Gosh that is so quick! I think that it must be according to what state you are in, my CO warned me that the NSW Police took ages. In fact I had to do a stat dec the first time around for my spouse sponsered visa as it had not arrived. It took THREE months! When my two years were up I was prepared and sent for it 3 months before I needed it, it arrived 6 weeks later. I did all my applications in Aussie.
Good luck with all of your applications.....thats typical of immi not updating their web site! The first time I went on their site I got a bad virus!

Jancath