Australian passport name change

Old Jan 10th 2020, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian passport name change

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you marry in Australia or overseas?
she was married overseas or so she said earlier.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 12:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
she was married overseas or so she said earlier.
And born in Scotland?
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kimandmark is an unknown quantity at this point

And born in Scotland?
yes, I re married in Scotland and born in Scotland
Old Jan 10th 2020, 1:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimandmark
yes, I re married in Scotland and born in Scotland
Okay, so you’ll need to get your marriage certificate legalised if you haven’t done so already and then apply for your new Australian passport using Form PC8. Providing your current passport has more than two years validity remaining then the change of name is free. Australia House offers outreach appointments but unfortunately you’ve just missed one in Glasgow. They come to Scotland roughly every three months so the next one is likely to be in Edinburgh around March. If you can’t wait that long then you’ll need to come down to London.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Okay, so you’ll need to get your marriage certificate legalised if you haven’t done so already and then apply for your new Australian passport using Form PC8. Providing your current passport has more than two years validity remaining then the change of name is free. Australia House offers outreach appointments but unfortunately you’ve just missed one in Glasgow. They come to Scotland roughly every three months so the next one is likely to be in Edinburgh around March. If you can’t wait that long then you’ll need to come down to London.
many thanks for the info. Can you tell me how I get my marriage certificate legalized please? I could wait till march instead of having to travel to London
Old Jan 10th 2020, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kimandmark
many thanks for the info. Can you tell me how I get my marriage certificate legalized please? I could wait till march instead of having to travel to London
https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised
Old Jan 10th 2020, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks