Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian Citizenship -- Residency requirement problem

Australian Citizenship -- Residency requirement problem

Old Feb 14th 2014, 4:34 am
Just Joined

karanjot1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Citizenship -- Residency requirement problem

Originally Posted by goravlee
Hi Moneypenny,
I just want to let you know that my citizenship application is approved and now waiting for ceremony.
Thanks for everyone's help here. It is really a great forum.
GoravLee
Hi Gorav

Congratulations for your citizenship approval .
I am in exact same situation as you.
I would really appreciate if you can give me a copy of the letter written to the minister. I don't really know how to write it and i am afraid if it is not very very well written . Minister Might just reject it. So, Please if you can provide me that mail . of course without your personal details. Please private MSG me if you can. It will be really appreciated .

Regards
Old Feb 14th 2014, 11:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karanjot1
Hi Gorav

Congratulations for your citizenship approval .
I am in exact same situation as you.
I would really appreciate if you can give me a copy of the letter written to the minister. I don't really know how to write it and i am afraid if it is not very very well written . Minister Might just reject it. So, Please if you can provide me that mail . of course without your personal details. Please private MSG me if you can. It will be really appreciated .

Regards
Hi karanjot. It's a bit cheeky to ask for a copy of someone's private correspondence. In any case, someone else's letter will be of no benefit to you as it's impossible that your circumstances will exactly match theirs. If you copy someone else's letter and Immigration realize that it sounds a bit fishy, you'll lose your chance.

The letter doesn't have to be written in perfect English - just tell the truth about your circumstances.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

goravlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karanjot.
I can provide you the structure of letter. I am afraid I can not give you a copy of letter. Even though if you copy my letter it not gonna help in your case because my situation was totally different as yours. I hope you can get a positive outcome as well. If you like I can provide the whole structure of the letter. I did not write a letter myself. It was written by my wife.
Gorav.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 12:02 am
Just Joined

karanjot1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goravlee
Hi Karanjot.
I can provide you the structure of letter. I am afraid I can not give you a copy of letter. Even though if you copy my letter it not gonna help in your case because my situation was totally different as yours. I hope you can get a positive outcome as well. If you like I can provide the whole structure of the letter. I did not write a letter myself. It was written by my wife.
Gorav.
Ho Gorav

Thats what i am after, Just the structure of the letter. it will be a great help.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 12:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karanjot1
Ho Gorav

Thats what i am after, Just the structure of the letter. it will be a great help.
Google can help with structuring letters. A quick search returned - http://www.ehow.com/how_8288000_writ...nt-letter.html
Old May 6th 2014, 11:39 am
Just Joined

citylan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, I am also in the same situation. I would like to know how much time does it generally take for an Citizenship Test invite after lodging the application in cases involving admin error? One of my friend got an invite for the Test, the next day. He applied for the Parramatta (Sydney) office and I applied for Sydney City Office.
Old May 6th 2014, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citylan
Hello all, I am also in the same situation. I would like to know how much time does it generally take for an Citizenship Test invite after lodging the application in cases involving admin error? One of my friend got an invite for the Test, the next day. He applied for the Parramatta (Sydney) office and I applied for Sydney City Office.
The same situation as whom?

Test dates vary depending on where you apply and how many spaces/applicants they have at the time.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 6th 2014 at 12:00 pm.
Old May 6th 2014, 11:43 am
Just Joined

same situation as I also have an admin error case as the other posters in this forum

so would like to know how much time does it take to be invited for the Test?

Last edited by old.sparkles; May 6th 2014 at 11:48 am.
Old May 6th 2014, 12:00 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

same situation as I also have an admin error case as the other posters in this forum

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Test dates vary depending on where you apply and how many spaces/applicants they have at the time.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:34 am
Just Joined

claireqyt is an unknown quantity at this point

hi citylan,

i applied on 1st of April and my test is on 9th of May (this Friday).
Old May 7th 2014, 11:36 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by claireqyt
hi citylan,

Where are you applying? Is it through the same office?
Old May 7th 2014, 11:37 am
Just Joined

i called the office the other day and they said they have a huge backlog of paper applications at the moment. 6-8 weeks' wait would be expected.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Where are you applying?
city office. by mail. but my test is at parramatta office.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

city office. by mail. but my test is at parramatta office.
Thanks.
As each office will have different processing times it useful to know who you are applying through.
Old May 7th 2014, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

hi citylan,

hi claireqyt,

when did you get to know about your test? as in when did they send you the invite to attend this test.

also, what all documents was mentioned in the email ( or was it through post?) invite for the test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.