Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Old Mar 19th 2014, 6:33 am
Just Joined

jmartin8010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Hi Everyone,

Here is my citizenship timeline I wont give exact dates though :

Applied very end of Feb 2014
Test within second week of March 2014
Application Approved on the same day
Apprvoal letter received 3rd week of March
Ceremony scheduled in second week of June 2014

Therefore it took less than 4 months for the whole process.

Please note that I'm not residing in Melbourne but in QLD (Brisbane) and I gave them a call to see if there is any ceremony scheduled for me and the operator kindly advised me on the exact date.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

The council's will normally tell you the dates of the ceremonies. However, they cannot advise which one you will be attending. That is down to DIBP x
Old Mar 20th 2014, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

justanothernomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmartin8010
Hi Everyone,

Please note that I'm not residing in Melbourne but in QLD (Brisbane) and I gave them a call to see if there is any ceremony scheduled for me and the operator kindly advised me on the exact date.
You were really lucky there then! Councils definitely don't give that sort of information here - just the ceremony dates (not the one scheduled for you). And what a quick process for you! Congratulations
Old Mar 20th 2014, 6:38 am
Just Joined

jmartin8010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justanothernomad
You were really lucky there then! Councils definitely don't give that sort of information here - just the ceremony dates (not the one scheduled for you). And what a quick process for you! Congratulations
Thanks justanothernomad,

I just wanted to mention that I contacted citizenship help line and found out about my ceremony date not the Council . As you correctly mentioned when I contacted the Brisbane City Council they just told me the ceremony dates .
Old Nov 21st 2014, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

So they did not call your JP or GP who signed your Identity Verification Form to verify your identity or Just Gave you the approval letter in your Hand on the spot same day?

Originally Posted by jmartin8010
Hi Everyone,

Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by water man
So they did not call your JP or GP who signed your Identity Verification Form to verify your identity or Just Gave you the approval letter in your Hand on the spot same day?
Calling to verify the identity statment is the exception rather than the rule. Australia trusts its citizens - especially in roles like a JP - not to stamp and sign a form unless they are signing it in good faith and are sure the information they are verifying is correct.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 21st 2014 at 3:39 am.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

i dun understand! can you explain what you mean?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Calling to verify the identity statment is the exception rather than the rule. Australia trusts its citizens - especially in rles like a JP - not to stam and sign a form unless they are signing it in good faith.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

What about General Practioner Doctor? they dont call him to verify a doctor also like a JP
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:42 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

When my JP signed and stamped the form to say he was sure I was who I said I was, he was verifying m identity. DIBP accept that as a JP he is mmaking a legal statement and thus they can believe him. Thats why they have JPs. If DIBP then personally phoned every applicants JP to ask whether they had just lied about verifying someone's identity, a) they would use up a lot of time for nothing and b) they would lose a lot of JPs.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:44 am
Home and Happy

What about General Practioner Doctor? they dont call him to verify a doctor also like a JP
People in those positions are n a position of civic trust. They don't lie on forms like that because if they did get found out then they have breached that trust and can be prosecuted or even struck off.
Australia likes to believe that people in positions of trust can be trusted. Hence they only do the occasional spot check on things like identity forms

FWIW i work with a JP. I know how much time he spends at home signin g and verifying auff fr people, all unpaid. If he had to take a phone call each time he signed something he would resign. Its not worth the time, and the hassle. Why have him sign something if they are going to question it every time? he says.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 21st 2014 at 3:47 am.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Do they trust the General Practioner ( Doctor) also
because my doctor will be signing my form.

Calling to verify the identity statment is the exception rather than the rule. Australia trusts its citizens - especially in rles like a JP - not to stam and sign a form unless they are signing it in good faith.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

People in those positions are n a position of civic trust. They don't lie on forms like that because if they did get found out then they have breached that trust and can be prosecuted or even struck off.
Australia likes to believe that people in positions of trust can be trusted. Hence they only do the occasional spot check on things like identity forms

FWIW i work with a JP. I know how much time he spends at home signin g and verifying auff fr people, all unpaid. If he had to take a phone call each time he signed something he would resign. Its not worth the time, and the hassle. Why have him sign something if they are going to question it every time? he says.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you asking the same thing over and over? Polly has already answered you very comprehensively. And why are you so worried anyway?
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

i was asking about GP not JP
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

because i would lyk to get approval same day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.