British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/australian-citizenship-processing-time-2014-a-828875/)

justanothernomad Mar 18th 2014 2:34 am

Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Hola to all,

Now forgive me for starting yet another thread with the same question. :p I have browsed through a lot of threads to see the latest update on the citizenship processing time, but they all seem to be old.

So, here is my deets:

Date Applied - 26th December 2013
Test on - 21st January 2014
Approved letter received - 23rd January 2014
Citizenship ceremony - ?

Now, I know it hasn't been that long for me, but just wondering how long did it take others. My council area WAS Melbourne CBD, until I moved to a new place at the start of February 2014. Now, it is Bayside City council. I have updated the address with DIAC already to Bayside City council. I don't know how much would the council area affect the processing time - but, if it is faster in the CBD, I can change the council back to it.

The reason why I am being so restless is because I hope to travel - go to Brazil for World Cup in July and then live the nomadic life for a year or so. Definitely not a good enough reason for DIAC to sort me out soon. :(

Gracias!:starsmile:

old.sparkles Mar 18th 2014 3:26 am

Re: Australian Citizenship Processing time 2014

Originally Posted by justanothernomad (Post 11177813)
Hola to all,

Now forgive me to starting yet another thread with the same question. :p I have browsed through a lot of threads to see the latest update on the citizenship processing time, but they all seem to be old.

So, here is my deets:

Citizenship ceremony - ?

Now, I know it hasn't been that long for me, but just wondering how long did it take others. My council area WAS Melbourne CBD, until I moved to a new place at the start of February 2014. Now, it is Bayside City council. I don't know how much would the council area affect the processing time - but, if it is faster in the CBD, I can change the council back to it.

The reason why I am being so restless is because I hope to travel - go to Brazil for World Cup in July and then live the nomadic life for a year or so. Definitely not a good enough reason for DIAC to sort me out soon. :(

Did you inform DIBP of the move as they assign you to citizenship ceremony. Found this if it's any help - http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/FORR...eremonies.aspx

As you can see there is a telephone number to call but how helpful it is I've no idea

justanothernomad Mar 18th 2014 3:34 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11177845)
Did you inform DIBP of the move as they assign you to citizenship ceremony. Found this if it's any help - http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/FORR...eremonies.aspx

As you can see there is a telephone number to call but how helpful it is I've no idea

I have updated the address with them, yes.

The numbers are no use. The council say they have no say in this. Sigh.

old.sparkles Mar 18th 2014 3:46 am

Originally Posted by justanothernomad (Post 11177853)
I have updated the address with them, yes.

The numbers are no use. The council say they have no say in this. Sigh.

I thought the number on that page was for DIBP - sorry

justanothernomad Mar 18th 2014 3:52 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11177861)
I thought the number on that page was for DIBP - sorry

Oops. And it was indeed the DIBP's number. They don't give any info as well :( Just ask to wait patiently.

whtzau Mar 18th 2014 5:30 am

Originally Posted by justanothernomad (Post 11177813)
Hola to all,

Now forgive me for starting yet another thread with the same question. :p I have browsed through a lot of threads to see the latest update on the citizenship processing time, but they all seem to be old.

So, here is my deets:

Citizenship ceremony - ?

Now, I know it hasn't been that long for me, but just wondering how long did it take others. My council area WAS Melbourne CBD, until I moved to a new place at the start of February 2014. Now, it is Bayside City council. I have updated the address with DIAC already to Bayside City council. I don't know how much would the council area affect the processing time - but, if it is faster in the CBD, I can change the council back to it.

will DIBP notify applicants interview/test date and citizenship ceremony by ordinary mail ? or by email ? could you share your experience? thanks.

Pollyana Mar 18th 2014 6:42 am

Originally Posted by whtzau (Post 11177932)
will DIBP notify applicants interview/test date and citizenship ceremony by ordinary mail ? or by email ? could you share your experience? thanks.

Both. The email was sent to the wrong email addr,ess, not even close to mine, And the letter got lost in the post. I only found out anything by ringing them and asking whether I was ever likely to hear anything.

whtzau Mar 18th 2014 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11177963)
Both. The email was sent to the wrong email addr,ess, not even close to mine, And the letter got lost in the post. I only found out anything by ringing them and asking whether I was ever likely to hear anything.

so it's better to proactively check status with immigration monthly ? : - ):fingerscrossed:

justanothernomad Mar 18th 2014 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11177963)

That's very unfortunate. I didn't get notified by email, only post. But, I always check the status online anyway.

whtzau Mar 19th 2014 4:19 am

Originally Posted by justanothernomad (Post 11179519)
That's very unfortunate. I didn't get notified by email, only post. But, I always check the status online anyway.

Hi, was wondering if online tracking well tell us the ceremony date ? Thanks.

whtzau Mar 19th 2014 4:23 am

in case we did not receive email or mail from DIBP, will online status checking tell us the date of interview and ceremony ? or we should keep calling DIBP to get the status.

old.sparkles Mar 19th 2014 5:09 am

Originally Posted by whtzau (Post 11179783)
in case we did not receive email or mail from DIBP, will online status checking tell us the date of interview and ceremony ? or we should keep calling DIBP to get the status.

How about a little patience - do you know the dates of the ceremonies for your council?

justanothernomad Mar 19th 2014 5:29 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11179815)
How about a little patience - do you know the dates of the ceremonies for your council?

lol. Yep, patience buddy! You are next in line - I was first :p

Wondering where all the people you got their citizenship recently are?!

old.sparkles Mar 19th 2014 5:45 am

Originally Posted by justanothernomad (Post 11179825)
lol. Yep, patience buddy! You are next in line - I was first :p

Wondering where all the people you got their citizenship recently are?!

Found this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...zenship&page=7

Looked at a few recent approvals, and wait after test seemed to be around 5 months or so

justanothernomad Mar 19th 2014 5:51 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 11179836)
Found this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...zenship&page=7

Looked at a few recent approvals, and wait after test seemed to be around 5 months or so

You are amazing! :thumbsup: