British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Australia PR 190 VETASSESS skill assessment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/australia-pr-190-vetassess-skill-assessment-898193/)

Sandhya02 Jun 18th 2017 7:23 am

Australia PR 190 VETASSESS skill assessment

Hi,
My occupation and qualification are unrelated- VETASSESS being assessing authority.
My SOL is 224511-Land Economist & i have 4 yrs experience in it. However my PG degree is in Project Engineering & Management. VETASSESS mentions degree in land economics & related to property/ real estate will be evaluated positively.
Do I stand chance to pass assessment?

old.sparkles Jun 18th 2017 7:40 am

Re: Australia PR 190 VETASSESS skill assessment

Originally Posted by Sandhya02 (Post 12275350)
Hi,
My occupation and qualification are unrelated- VETASSESS being assessing authority.
My SOL is 224511-Land Economist & i have 4 yrs experience in it. However my PG degree is in Project Engineering & Management. VETASSESS mentions degree in land economics & related to property/ real estate will be evaluated positively.
Do I stand chance to pass assessment?

Info from Vetassess site:

Land Economist (ANZSCO Code 224511)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

A highly relevant field of study is Land Economics, which is the study of economic principles applicable to the use of land. Other closely related majors such as property or real estate with supporting highly relevant employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Degrees with general economics units and without subjects in property/land economics/valuation would not be assessed positively

Sandhya02 Jun 18th 2017 8:34 am

Hi thanks for the reply.
As mentioned i dont have degree in land economics. I have one online certification course in "Principle & Practices of Real Estate Management" done during my job previously. Also I have total 6 yrs exp (in last 8 yrs) in real estate industry.
Will this make a better case?

old.sparkles Jun 18th 2017 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Sandhya02 (Post 12275392)
Hi thanks for the reply.
As mentioned i dont have degree in land economics. I have one online certification course in "Principle & Practices of Real Estate Management" done during my job previously. Also I have total 6 yrs exp (in last 8 yrs) in real estate industry.
Will this make a better case?

It does say that if you don't have subjects in property/land economics/valuation they will not assess positively. Have you covered these?

Sandhya02 Jun 18th 2017 11:31 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12275428)
It does say that if you don't have subjects in property/land economics/valuation they will not assess positively. Have you covered these?

unfortunately not covered during my academics except the course I mentioned (though it was not part of my acads.). Alsi as i understand there is no RPL way with VETASSESS.
So I dont stand a chance here for any positive outcome :unsure:

ajbradford Oct 22nd 2017 5:24 pm

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm in the same situation. Employed as a land economist for the past 5 years but no suitable qualification. Worth noting neither do any of my colleagues (very few people working in land economics actually studied it, most of us studied straight economics)

Very tempted to just apply and see what happens, though struggling to stomach the payment knowing its probably a waste.

Wondering if there is some short / 1-yr course that would qualify me.

HAS ANYONE GOT A POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT BASED ON EMPLOYMENT, WITH AN IRRELEVANT QUALIFICATION?