australia permanent resisdency

Old Dec 25th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

geraldine2 will become famous soon enough
Default australia permanent resisdency

Dear All

Merry Christmas!

I have just received my Australia PR for me and family.

I would like to ask some questions? please guide me.

1. Can i travel alone now to australia, give some job interview, secure job and latter move with family.

2. I have given time until july 2009 for my first visit.

3. I hope it is not mandatory to travel to australia with complete family unit for first visit.

Best Regards

Gerald
Old Dec 25th 2008, 10:49 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: australia permanent resisdency

Originally Posted by geraldine2
Dear All

Merry Christmas!

1. Can i travel alone now to australia, give some job interview, secure job and latter move with family.

3. I hope it is not mandatory to travel to australia with complete family unit for first visit.

Best Regards

Gerald
Just a thought, but maybe you should post this on, or ask a Mod to move it to the Immigration Forum?
Old Dec 25th 2008, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Just a thought, but maybe you should post this on, or ask a Mod to move it to the Immigration Forum?
done
Old Dec 25th 2008, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards

Gerald
Mostly the main visa holder has to travel first or at the same time as the other applicants/dependants (it will say on your actual visa if that is a condition). But apart from that condition your family can travel at any time providing it's before the first entry date (July 2009)
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Dear All

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards

Gerald
Its your wish whether to take your family alongwith or later, generally main applicant visits first but as rightly pointed out, the other members have to be in Oz before the last date of first entry on the VISA.
Regards
Sanjay
Old Dec 26th 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

sidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nice

Nothing major but worth considering that when you validate your visa, you will usually get double baggage allowance but only then, not when you move. Therefore if you have some friend where you are looking to move to in oz, fill your case up to 40kg then leave as much as you can behind with them. dont know how it works for your other family members. Not sure if you get double for them when they come for the first time. Worth checking withthe airline you are going to use.
cheers
sidneee x
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

vito is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that okay if we (main applicant and dependants) migrate straightaway when validate the visa( first entry to australia) ? Is there anything need to note ?
Thanks in advance for sharing the info.

vito
Old Dec 27th 2008, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

sidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nicesidneee and kinnyboy is just really nice

Hi Vito
as far as i know you can get double baggage allowance if you are migrating on a permanent resident visa, even if validating but i suggest that you speak to the airline that you are using as they may have different/new rules.
Good luck with the move.
sidneee x
Old Dec 27th 2008, 5:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vito
Is that okay if we (main applicant and dependants) migrate straightaway when validate the visa( first entry to australia) ? Is there anything need to note ?
Thanks in advance for sharing the info.

vito
Yes, you can actually migrate when you validate your visa. It doesn't have to be a separate trip. JUst turn up and stay

Originally Posted by sidneee and kinnyboy
Hi Vito
as far as i know you can get double baggage allowance if you are migrating on a permanent resident visa, even if validating but i suggest that you speak to the airline that you are using as they may have different/new rules.
Good luck with the move.
sidneee x
Very few airlines now do the free double baggage allowance. Singapore still do on an unvalidated permanent residency visa; Emirates may do. Others have generally stopped it.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 7:08 am
Just Joined

vito is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys for the advice. I will check with the airlines for free double baggage allowence. Hope still get it

Best wishses for new year 2009 to all of you

vito
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards

Gerald
Everyone who is on the same application form has to go at the same time- sorry.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

no they don't - they need to have entered australia by the time the latest validation date is reached and the main applicant needs to come in first usually, this can mean being first through the queue or a seperate earlier trip.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:05 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Everyone who is on the same application form has to go at the same time- sorry.
That is not correct, secondary applicants may go later than primary, up until their "initial entry" date. There are some (rare) situations where the condition "must not enter before (person)" is not imposed, in which case secondary applicants may go before or after the primary, but then again, everyone must have validated before their "initial entry" date, otherwise all family unit may lose the status.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Dear All

Merry Christmas!

Best Regards

Gerald
Firstly, congratulations and thanks for your post. I will look be looking into the comments because I'm just dreaming like yours.
Old Dec 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, you can actually migrate when you validate your visa. It doesn't have to be a separate trip. JUst turn up and stay

Very few airlines now do the free double baggage allowance. Singapore still do on an unvalidated permanent residency visa; Emirates may do. Others have generally stopped it.
Thanks for clarifying. I came with Singapore airlines and they allowed me double baggage but some people have had problems so i hear.
Cheers
Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.