Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australia is not the right place for you guys

Wikiposts

Australia is not the right place for you guys

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:02 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: Australia is not the right place for you guys

Originally Posted by Wozza
This guy is just looking for a bite. Don't even entertain replying. he is obviously just obsessed with money.

For myself, an IT professional, I can't wait to get away from it all in this God forsaken country called England. I'm fortunate to have rediculous equity in my house, as do many other potential migrants, to go to Oz , buy a property outright for cash, a property far better than I could here and then start to enjoy life instead of just living to work all the time and only enjoying weekneds (if the weather is good!) and just looking forward to a holiday now and then. There's more to life than just work. You're only here once, so make the most of it. I'd be quite happy with a part time job doing a few hours a week once I'm there, after all, I'll never have to worry about another mortgage payment again!! Get a life...

Woz.
Well said Woz.

Can you imagine on the strength of the post 'Australia is not the right place for you guys' all potential migrants said; 'OK, we wont go then. But for the record, we hate Honk Kong or whatever country, so we don't think you should go there either'.

Dont try anything, stay in your safe world and never venture out of it. Dont dare try for a different life/better life, stay as you are and be grateful.

Last edited by Professional Princess; Aug 18th 2004 at 11:05 pm.

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Here, here Wozza!!!!!

My hubby and I have spent the past decade either locating house or commuting from the Midlands to the South for employment. We have worked hard and sacrificed part of our kids younger years............now we are ready to move over to Oz, with enough to buy a house with no mortgage, work if we want, and generally take a step back from the rat race, and spend more QUALITY time with our kids and each other.......we can't wait.

What seems to be forgotten is that we all go to Oz because we WANT to, nobody forces us, so the original poster should take stock..............they obviously weren't too happy where they were, when they felt the need to study further afield.

Lesley
xxx
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

brayden is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree with you. I'm from Europe and have lived in about 6 countries including Australia in the last 6 years. It all depends on what you're looking for in life...
Australia may not have the same job opportunities that Europe has but it's the quality of life that is attracting. I personally realized that a job is not the most important thing. It's much more important to be in a place where you feel good, have little crime, and have access to one of the most amazing nature in the world. Australians may be more reserved than Americans but they are also much less superficial. America is a big "shopping centre"with brainwashed people obsessed by material and driven by a government which controls them like puppets. I lived 5 years in the U.S. and would never consider spending my life there and raising a family, given the crime rate and other problems. Europe, although nice, has become so expensive and crowded -- Rent in large european cities like London and Paris is now so high that people commute an hour or more. Not mentionning buying a house, which has become impossible for people on normal wages. Of course you can live in a small town in the middle of France but then you would have the same problems than in Australia, finding a job. What's the point to have a 40,000 pound/year job in London when you have to spend your life stuck in the public transport, wait for everything and pay 10 times the price for any service. Are you really enjoying life?
My opinion is that Australia is a new country. It still is growing and has potential. In 10 years time it will be the place to be.

Brayden

Originally Posted by Andre Duncam
Hi EveryOne

I went through some of the emails ob this newsgroups, and I have sensed what I went
through when I was in Autralia. For the people who are dreaming about the sunny and
warm beaches during the cold and dark winter nights in UK or elsewhere, I advise to
think twice before making the mistake of their life. No all that glitter is gold,
Australia is worth a visit but not making it a permanent home. The country is lagging
behind Europe in every important term. Economically, Australia will not make true
your dreams as you expect. No jobs and no prospect, it might the future Argentina in
the future. Ask yourselves, why Aussies are leaving their Australian paradise for
other parts of the world. Whereever you go, you find aussies in Europe looking for a
loaf of bread to earn, becauser simply there are no jobs over there (in OZ). In
London alone, there are about 250 000 of them
(www.aussieinlondon.com) , coming to look
for jobs and secure some pounds. I worked in many companies, and in all of them you
encounter Aussies. I visit many European countries, and in all of them you see
Aussies pubs. I visited California, and in many Americans, there are Aussies working
over there, some jobs include washing dishes.

Economically, Australia will not offer the kinf of rosy prospect your looking for.
Aussies are smart in marketing the image of their country through beaches and so on.
I will not make the mistake of sacrificing my future as the expense of swimming in
the gold coast. I make enough money in Europe to choose from different great
destination, but still keeping my job and living in Europe. I spent 3 months and
finally came to my senses and decided to come back to Europe where life really
matters, I felt exiled over there, trying hard to secure an IT job (Java developer)
at puny and meager salary, it is indeed a heavy price to pay for seeking sunny
weather and good beaches. Simply, they are no jobs over there and the people are
second-hand class and pretty conservative. I am not the only one who decided to come
back to Europe, many did again. Actually, they are many Aussies who are leaving the
country for good. I love it here in Europoe, at least and I am economically safe and
my kids future is rosier them in Brisbane or Sydney.

Duncan
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:07 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

LOL, people, you're replying to a thread that's 2 years old.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:28 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ulujain
LOL too, who resurected this thread??!!!!

Walla
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:13 am
I CU HACKN

keyurlavingia is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Beebee] I don't know the
figure of Australia, but in HK, there are more than 100 million people using
broadband, paying the max $50 a month (the lower is only $20 a month), unlimited
download and there are more than 15 companies you can choose from.

[QUOTE=Beebee]

So again Beebee, how do 7 million people in the city use 100 million broadband connections ? You don't think China counts "inside" HK do u ?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:59 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Had myself quite a shock when I saw PB's name in this lot. Thought he'd been resurrected.!!!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:36 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Beebee]This is only my comments, if you don't like it, that's fine, but please don't do any
personal attack. is this the Aussie style??? What I said here is the truth or you
can check it out yourself. I just want to raise my concerns and tell the truth to
you people. I did not make up the facts. The fact is that the top universities in
HK are difficult to get in (same in Singapore) and there are many students waiting
to get in to the universities and going oversees is the option. Again, everyone
knows that the export of degrees is one of the biggest "industry" in Australia,
don't you agree?? I can't imaigne how AU would be without the foreign students
coming here to study.

If you don't agree on my points below, feel free to speak up, but in not your style
which try to start a war and insult others.

I did not say that I cannot get in to the universitites in Hong Kong, but i was
telling you the trend and the fact that why there are so many foreign students coming
here, based on the facts. I chose AU because i am a perosn who likes to travel
around and explore different cultures. If I could do it again and know the situation
here, I would not do so.

I am telling you the fact and the truth out there. If you have a hard time to
accept it, sorry this is a real world ....

'is this the Aussie style?' 'You people?'

Good to see you've learnt political correctness in your travels and exploration 'of different cultures'.

How do I find this Usenet site?

Paul.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:37 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Why do people compare one country with another? I am looking forward to moving to Oz, I am not kidding myself that it will all be a bed of roses, but how can you compare the two? It is the lifestyle you are buying into, OK, I might not earn as much as I do here, but it is cheaper to live there too. I would much rather regret something I had done than something I had not. I want more out of life than broadband, a sports car, working all hours to pay the mortgage. Aussies work to live not the other way around, I think a lot of Europeans have forgotten that along the way.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:37 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be the judge of that, thank you very much!!

D D
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Australia is not the right place for you guys

Hi Duncam,
Very interesting your points. I would only add that stating what is "the right place" will depend on your goal. If your goal is to make money, jee, dont even think about coming to Australia. This is a good country to have family, to live a comfortable and peacefully life (well, some people want more than that!). I dont. This is why I am still here, after 2 years of studying on a University and seeing people like me, that badly can speak English, get a High Destinction on their assignment.

The industry of Education is really powerful down here. But I have to agree that some universities are crap - and I am not even comparing with the ones in Europe. They key issue is: international students are the golden' egg chicken. We bring sooo much money to this country some people can even imagine. My hubby did a TAFE course for which he paid A$ 8.000 when an Australian paid A$ 550. If the quality of this course was good, I doubt that the cost was that low even to an Australian citzen. I agree that foreigners should pay more, but the difference is ridiculous and only makes me think "what the ... you can get from a A$ 550 course? And we paid A$ 8.000. Anyway, we paid coz we wanted to stay here a bit longer and that was the price we agreeded.
Ones may question why we are still here: because we want to live comfortably and peacefully. We dont even know if we will get the so desired visa, but we will try. However, if you intend to come here to have a high standard education and to make baquets of money, forget it. I have to agree with Duncam, "Australia is not the right place for you".

UOTE=Andre Duncam]Hi EveryOne

I went through some of the emails ob this newsgroups, and I have sensed what I went
through when I was in Autralia. For the people who are dreaming about the sunny and
warm beaches during the cold and dark winter nights in UK or elsewhere, I advise to
think twice before making the mistake of their life. No all that glitter is gold,
Australia is worth a visit but not making it a permanent home. The country is lagging
behind Europe in every important term. Economically, Australia will not make true
your dreams as you expect. No jobs and no prospect, it might the future Argentina in
the future. Ask yourselves, why Aussies are leaving their Australian paradise for
other parts of the world. Whereever you go, you find aussies in Europe looking for a
loaf of bread to earn, becauser simply there are no jobs over there (in OZ). In
London alone, there are about 250 000 of them
(www.aussieinlondon.com) , coming to look
for jobs and secure some pounds. I worked in many companies, and in all of them you
encounter Aussies. I visit many European countries, and in all of them you see
Aussies pubs. I visited California, and in many Americans, there are Aussies working
over there, some jobs include washing dishes.

Economically, Australia will not offer the kinf of rosy prospect your looking for.
Aussies are smart in marketing the image of their country through beaches and so on.
I will not make the mistake of sacrificing my future as the expense of swimming in
the gold coast. I make enough money in Europe to choose from different great
destination, but still keeping my job and living in Europe. I spent 3 months and
finally came to my senses and decided to come back to Europe where life really
matters, I felt exiled over there, trying hard to secure an IT job (Java developer)
at puny and meager salary, it is indeed a heavy price to pay for seeking sunny
weather and good beaches. Simply, they are no jobs over there and the people are
second-hand class and pretty conservative. I am not the only one who decided to come
back to Europe, many did again. Actually, they are many Aussies who are leaving the
country for good. I love it here in Europoe, at least and I am economically safe and
my kids future is rosier them in Brisbane or Sydney.

Duncan[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 10th 2004, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Peter
DOH!!! just spent half an hour reading this lot to find out its ancient history. CHEERS!!!!!

attention to detail, attention to detail, attention............
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Australia is not the right place for you guys

Well, why are you complaining??? The same mistake you did I did too. Went to reply a thread and did not notice that it was 2 years old...
DOH for you too...
Anyway, it is an interesting topic, no matter how old it is and dont think anything has changed from the past 2 years
cheers

Originally Posted by Craig Brooke
DOH!!! just spent half an hour reading this lot to find out its ancient history. CHEERS!!!!!

attention to detail, attention to detail, attention............
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rose12
Well, why are you complaining??? The same mistake you did I did too. Went to reply a thread and did not notice that it was 2 years old...
DOH for you too...
Anyway, it is an interesting topic, no matter how old it is and dont think anything has changed from the past 2 years
cheers
Rose

yes you're correct, it is an interesting topic - ain't democracy great. Good, healthy discussion - I love it. Have to ask though who is/was Pommie Bastard - nice guy!!!
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig Brooke
Rose

yes you're correct, it is an interesting topic - ain't democracy great. Good, healthy discussion - I love it. Have to ask though who is/was Pommie Bastard - nice guy!!!
Allegedly alive and well and living in Kinver (though I don't know what they did to deserve him!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.