Wikiposts

Australia House appointments

Old May 20th 2003, 3:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia House appointments

Bit of news for anyone doing front-loaded spouse/fiance visas, and asking for an appointment at Oz House......

First email requesting appointment for fiance visa sent 5/5/03, second (because of no response) sent 16/05/03.

I've just had a call from Oz House offering me an appointment as soon as I can get there - she actually suggested this week, but I'm going on the 29th. So be warned - if you ask for an apppointment you might get one sooner than you expect!!!
Not that I am complaining, just amazed, and frantically photocopying!

Pollyana
Old May 20th 2003, 8:48 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australia House appointments

Originally posted by Pollyana
Bit of news for anyone doing front-loaded spouse/fiance visas, and asking for an appointment at Oz House......

First email requesting appointment for fiance visa sent 5/5/03, second (because of no response) sent 16/05/03.

I've just had a call from Oz House offering me an appointment as soon as I can get there - she actually suggested this week, but I'm going on the 29th. So be warned - if you ask for an apppointment you might get one sooner than you expect!!!
Not that I am complaining, just amazed, and frantically photocopying!

Pollyana
Wow! That's really quick. We had planned on posting as an earlier thread said appointments were taking about 6-8 weeks. Might try to get appointment now.

Good luck with lodging application. Let us know how you get on. My hubby has got his medical on that day so fingers crossed for us all.

Best wishes

Sally
Old May 20th 2003, 9:16 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally,
I'll let you know how it goes! Must admit I was amazed when she said I could go that soon, as all the threads I have read have said anything between 5 & 8 weeks.
Might be worth emailing and see how soon they offer you an apppintment, then if its a long way off tell them you will post the stuff instead. The case officer who rang me was very friendly and approachable, so I'm sure they'd be fine with that.
Make sure you have the medicals and police check back before your equest the appointment - thats the first thing they will ask you!
Good luck,
Pollyana
Old May 21st 2003, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah email them to find out as I did this and they said it would take 4-5 weeks for an appointment!
Therefore we sent spouse visa appl. via the post. They said this would take up to 28 days to complete.

whatever you do good luck

Cheers
BooBoo
Old May 21st 2003, 4:54 am
Home and Happy

I'm still stunned by the speed of it! Goodness knows why I got offered an appointment so fast. Gonna be a rush now to get everything signed by next week - I'd figured I'd still have a month or so to get it all together. Once she offered me one so quick I wasn't going to refuse it though.
Fingers crossed, and watch this space,
Pollyana
Old May 21st 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck mate.