aussie passoprt to uk or not

Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

z.g-c.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!

Hey,

I have both a british passport and australian, duel nationality. I currently live in australia and want to move back to uk, is it possible to leave australia with my british passport ?.

Thank you.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by z.g-c.c
Hey,

I have both a british passport and australian, duel nationality. I currently live in australia and want to move back to uk, is it possible to leave australia with my british passport ?.

Thank you.
Yes, you can leave with you UK passport, I did in October, if u want to return to oz, u will need either an Australian passport or a valid visa.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

z.g-c.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kimandken
Yes, you can leave with you UK passport, I did in October, if u want to return to oz, u will need either an Australian passport or a valid visa.
Oh wow really that's fantastic thank you so much you have no idea how pleased I am, I've been trying to find out for months now, honestly thank you so much : o ) x
Old Nov 26th 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by z.g-c.c
Oh wow really that's fantastic thank you so much you have no idea how pleased I am, I've been trying to find out for months now, honestly thank you so much : o ) x
Your welcome, the reason I know is I had thought I needed an aussie passport to come back to the UK, I didn't, my aussie passport is currently in the post as we speak.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie passoprt to uk or not

I have tried to leave on my UK passport a few times and they have told me I couldnt - something to do with needing to leave on the passport I entered Australia on but if you entered on a UK passport then you should be OK I guess
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie passoprt to uk or not

Originally Posted by quoll
I have tried to leave on my UK passport a few times and they have told me I couldnt - something to do with needing to leave on the passport I entered Australia on but if you entered on a UK passport then you should be OK I guess
You can leave Australia on any passport you like provided the destination country accepts it. The worst that will happen is a delay at departure immigration control while they verify identity and what your status was in Australia.

The difficulty will be returning - Australian citizens can't get a visa, and nearly every foreign passport holder (NZ excepted) needs a visa in advance before boarding an Australia bound flight. Hence the need for an Australian passport.