Wikiposts

Aussie and Indian PCC while in USA

Old Oct 29th 2003, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

sunsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussie and Indian PCC while in USA

I have spent a lot of time in India and Australia and am currently in USA. I need to get PCC for both India and Australia while still in USA. Did anyone on this forum had a similar situation? What do I need to do to get the PCC for both countries and how much time it may take? DIMIA hasn't asked me for PCC yet but I just want to make sure that I know the process beforehand.

Any pointers would be of great help.
Thanks
Sunsh
Old Oct 29th 2003, 3:22 am
Just Joined

guruanu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie and Indian PCC while in USA

Hi
I've given reply to ur mail but it bounced back.

For getting Indian Police Clearance, you need to contact the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate. You need to fill a "Miscellaneous Form" and submit it along with your Passport and 20$ fees. You'll get the PCC after 45 days if your passport is issued in India. If it's issued in USA you'll get it on the same day. They'll issue a PCC letter and there will be a seal in your passport stating "PCC for Australian immigration".

For getting USA police clearance, You need to get it from all the states you have lived. The procedure is very simple for getting USA PCC. It should be issued by the State Police Station and the procedure varies from state to state. Also, you need to get the FBI Clearance certificate. You can get the fingerprint card by directly writing to the FBI. After doing the fingerprints from nearest police station you have to send it with 18$ fees and you'll get it within 4 weeks of time.

I don't know how to get Australian PCC from USA. But, I do think the procedure is to approach the Australian Embassy/Consulate and do through them.
All the best.
Thanks,
Guru
Old Oct 29th 2003, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

sunsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Guru.
A couple of more questions:
1. Does the embassy keep my passport for 45 days and return only with PCC?
2. Does PCC needs to be applied in person or can be done via post?

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by guruanu
Hi
I've given reply to ur mail but it bounced back.

For getting Indian Police Clearance, you need to contact the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate. You need to fill a "Miscellaneous Form" and submit it along with your Passport and 20$ fees. You'll get the PCC after 45 days if your passport is issued in India. If it's issued in USA you'll get it on the same day. They'll issue a PCC letter and there will be a seal in your passport stating "PCC for Australian immigration".

For getting USA police clearance, You need to get it from all the states you have lived. The procedure is very simple for getting USA PCC. It should be issued by the State Police Station and the procedure varies from state to state. Also, you need to get the FBI Clearance certificate. You can get the fingerprint card by directly writing to the FBI. After doing the fingerprints from nearest police station you have to send it with 18$ fees and you'll get it within 4 weeks of time.

I don't know how to get Australian PCC from USA. But, I do think the procedure is to approach the Australian Embassy/Consulate and do through them.
All the best.
Thanks,
Guru
Old Oct 29th 2003, 6:09 am
Just Joined

guruanu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sunsh
Thank you Guru.
A couple of more questions:
1. Does the embassy keep my passport for 45 days and return only with PCC?
2. Does PCC needs to be applied in person or can be done via post?

Thank you for your help.
Hi,
1) The Embassy keeps the passport for 45 days.. But if you require it later (after the submission..) for some genuine reason like emergency travel / PCC for AUS, you can go in person to the Embassy and submit a writen letter stating the reason for having the passport back and you will get it the same day if you are there in person / or you can fax them stating the valid reason and you will get your passport back by post. Even though you have got your passport in between (say in 20 days for e.g), after the 45th day you will have to present the original passport and get the stamp in the Passport and collect the PCC letter.

2) You can apply by post as well. But it will be a good option to go in person.. If your nearest Embassy is not nearby, you can contact them by phone and check with them and then send it by registered post / courier..

Hope this helps..

Guru