British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Ausie Degree to get a job in Australia??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ausie-degree-get-job-australia-863619/)

Ambii Aug 18th 2015 1:01 pm

Ausie Degree to get a job in Australia???

Hi,

i have 15 years of teaching experience in Physics and right now i am a government employee in Pakistan. I have done Masters in Physics(Electronics) and MBA in Marketing. i want to move to Australia but there is one thing which confuses me. Is it necessary to have any degree or diploma from any Australian University in order to apply for skilled immigrant visa Subclass-189?????Because i have seen in its skill Assessment form. Something was there but i want confirm that before applying. Any guidance will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance :)

msmyrtle Aug 18th 2015 2:13 pm

Re: Ausie Degree to get a job in Australia???

No, it is not necessary to have an Australian degree to immigrate. What is worth points is having your qualification assessed to 'a recognised standard'

xizzles Aug 20th 2015 12:11 am

You do get extra points if you graduated from an Aussie Uni though.

Ambii Aug 20th 2015 1:34 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the response guys your answers r very helpful but there's one more thing that how do i get a job offer if i apply for skilled independent visa subclass 189?? i estimated my score it was 70 in case if i get a letter of invitation and also if my skilled assessment is successful then would they offer me a relevant job or i have to look for it before or after reaching there???
Regards,

Pollyana Aug 20th 2015 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ambii (Post 11728623)
Hi,
Thanks for the response guys your answers r very helpful but there's one more thing that how do i get a job offer if i apply for skilled independent visa subclass 189?? i estimated my score it was 70 in case if i get a letter of invitation and also if my skilled assessment is successful then would they offer me a relevant job or i have to look for it before or after reaching there???
Regards,

You don't get a job offer as a result of applying for a 189, nor do you need a job offer in order to get the visa. You have to apply for jobs yourself by trawling job sites, sending off resumes etc.

Ambii Aug 20th 2015 1:43 pm

All right Thanks Pollyana :)

Ambii Aug 27th 2015 9:55 pm

Hi,
i have applied for teaching jobs there but after some research i came to know that one must be registered with Australian Edu. Department to get a job in public school/college otherwise you can only teach in private sector. One must also have a diploma in education to get at least a permit or provisional reg. to teach. i got a job offer from some college at NSW on contractual basis while most of the schools and colleges said that i dont meet the requirements. But how is it possible for me to get registered first with Education dept. without any job offer. Once i get any job offer then definitely i have to apply for working or nominated visa then comes registration and child check card etc. or Anyone please help me in this regard what is it suppose to be?????I dont have enough money to just go to Australia and start my diploma without any job...And for job i'll be needing that Diploma :) so how can i convince the employer that i can meet their requirements??????I have 15 years of teaching experience and double Masters Degree in Science Subjects and i researched that there is a shortage of science Teahcers in few cities. Please Guide how it should be???
Regards,

musicalfever4 Aug 28th 2015 8:00 pm

You don't need a job offer to get registration. Your skills are assessed on basis of your qualification, purely on basis of your academic transcript, your experience and your degree. Do you have a visa already? If you want to apply for a skilled visa then you first need to get your skills assessment which is done by AITSL, if that is successful you will also need registration to teach, that again is done by the different states independently and is different from state to state. From NSW I heard that several teachers had to go back to u I to "top up" their degree.

Ambii Aug 28th 2015 8:24 pm

No it depends on a situation not necessary that i apply for skilled independent visa. Because i dont have any relative there so i must have a job offer to bear my living expenses .i wana know hw can i convince the employer that i'll apply for the visa and then registration after getting any job offer before that how can they just refuse any overseas person that they dont hav residency or they arnt registered in Australia so they arnt eligible????what should be the sequence???
btw i have an interview scheduled in sep. on skype by some College any tips for that??
Thanks in Advance

musicalfever4 Aug 28th 2015 8:38 pm

I had my registration before I had my visa, needed registration to get state sponsorship. Teachers registration had nothing to do with visa just with teaching jobs - not everybody will get registration. If you don't have the right education they won't register you. You will also need to provide IELTS - at least in VIC.

Ambii Aug 28th 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks for the prompt response, whats the right education for a teacher?? i have done MSC in APP. Physics wouldnt that be enough for teaching physics or you mean i should have any teaching qualification diploma or something like MS in education?????

Ambii Aug 28th 2015 10:12 pm

is Graduate Certificate In Secondary Education from Charles Sturt university relevant
for getting registered from concerned authority?

Pollyana Aug 29th 2015 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Ambii (Post 11735407)
Thanks for the prompt response, whats the right education for a teacher?? i have done MSC in APP. Physics wouldnt that be enough for teaching physics or you mean i should have any teaching qualification diploma or something like MS in education?????

Do you have any teaching qualification?

Ambii Aug 29th 2015 1:41 pm

No, i dont have any because in Pakistan Teachers dont require any teaching qualification at secondary or higher secondary level. But m willing to do any diploma/post grad. program please guide me what teaching qualification would be the best to get a teaching job and get registered in Australia??????There is a Notre Dame Institute of Education in Karachi, Pakistan which is Licensed by Australian Catholic university. They are offering B.ED, M.ED and also Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership – GradCertEdLead. would any of these course be acceptable for Australian Schools and colleges???
Regards,

Pollyana Aug 29th 2015 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ambii (Post 11735801)
No, i dont have any because in Pakistan Teachers dont require any teaching qualification at secondary or higher secondary level. But m willing to do any diploma/post grad. program please guide me what teaching qualification would be the best to get a teaching job and get registered in Australia??????There is a Notre Dame Institute of Education in Karachi, Pakistan which is Licensed by Australian Catholic university. They are offering B.ED, M.ED and also Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership – GradCertEdLead. would any of these course be acceptable for Australian Schools and colleges???
Regards,

I suggest you post in the main Australia forum here
Australia - British Expats
asking what qualifications you need to teach over here.I can't help you but i'm sure there are posters in there who can.

All I know is that without teaching qualifications of some sort you will get neither a skills assessment as a teacger for migration or teaching registration.