Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Marcio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Originally Posted by tina71
They have much as much a chance of collecting the euros as those who expect a refund.

DIAC should be informed and they can notify the AFP (Australian Federal Police) to further the investigation, shut these scammers down and perhaps prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

Also, one can register a complaint with this government site:

scamwatch.gov.au
Thanks, I'll do that.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, I went on their website (just procrastinating ) and they have no ABN number. That alone should tell people to stay away.

For those who don't know, an Australian Business Number (ABN) is compulsory for any company or individual who wants to do business in Australia. A quick search on the ABN LookUp site confirms that no such company is registered in Australia.

Also, the address they list in Melbourne is actually an address for virtual offices at 101 Collins St.

Confirms a very elaborate scam IMO.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Out of curiosity, I went on their website (just procrastinating ) and they have no ABN number. That alone should tell people to stay away.

For those who don't know, an Australian Business Number (ABN) is compulsory for any company or individual who wants to do business in Australia. A quick search on the ABN LookUp site confirms that no such company is registered in Australia.

Also, the address they list in Melbourne is actually an address for virtual offices at 101 Collins St.

Shows the importance of checking out a company before parting with cash - especially in something as important as immigration.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Marcio is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I learned my lesson. Thank you guys
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Laura26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Hello again. I just wanted to let you know that after i gaved them my cc number i called my bank and report what i had just done and they blocked my card. no one has called me back from ausfis since then. so i guess they want to keep a low profile, now that you find this thread if you search about ausfis o google. I hope that this thread will remain open to help other people like you guys helped me. Thanks again
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Jag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really nice

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz

From investigation point of view, it can be checked who is registered as tenant of Virtual Office at 101 Collins Street.

Unregistered practice is investigated by DIAC, so send as many letters as possible (with evidence if possible) to bring it to their attention.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

mamdo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

thank you guys
thanks a lot
i was so close to fall in that trick
but whats the alternative wats the trusted agent from your experience i could use to handle my case?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamdo
thank you guys
thanks a lot
i was so close to fall in that trick
but whats the alternative wats the trusted agent from your experience i could use to handle my case?
Do you need an agent? Many many people manage their own applications. However if you want an agent you go for a MARA registered one. Look at the MARA website and find one that suits.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:32 am
Just Joined

mamdo is an unknown quantity at this point

of course
I contacted the MARA office and they mailed me back saying that there is no record of ausfis and there are numerous complaints about it
they gave me two links
one was about reporting the scams http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/
the other was about registered agent at the MARA site
https://www.mara.gov.au/
Old Aug 15th 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Dana Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Every one

AUSFIS Organization offers you the opportunity to participate in the Australian skill migration program where depending on your skills you may be eligible for a permanent visa to live and work in Australia. If you are not an Australian citizen, you must join the program and take advantage of the opportunity that has been offered to you by the Australian government.

If you feel you had a bad experience with our company, please email me your details: (or send me a PM)

Full name
Address (including country)
Email (used when filling out our forms)
Phone Number (used when filling out our forms)
Costumer ID.
Amount paid
Date of signup/transaction.

And I will do my best to help you.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Ausfis.org
[email protected]
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ausfis
Hi Every one

AUSFIS Organization offers you the opportunity to participate in the Australian skill migration program where depending on your skills you may be eligible for a permanent visa to live and work in Australia. If you are not an Australian citizen, you must join the program and take advantage of the opportunity that has been offered to you by the Australian government.

If you feel you had a bad experience with our company, please email me your details: (or send me a PM)

Full name
Address (including country)
Email (used when filling out our forms)
Phone Number (used when filling out our forms)
Costumer ID.
Amount paid
Date of signup/transaction.

And I will do my best to help you.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Ausfis.org
[email protected]
Hi Dana,

I wonder if you could clarify a couple of points.

Firstly, does the Ausfis organisation actually employ any registered migration agents? British Expats does prefer agents to identity themselves to our members, and quote their MARA number, so if your organisation employs any maybe they could identify themseves?
Also, I am little confused by the wording of the statement " If you are not an Australian citizen, you must join the program and take advantage of the opportunity that has been offered to you by the Australian government.' If people ARE Australian citizens they don't need visas and would not be consulting a service such as Ausfis. And "must" is surely a strange word to use, as no one should feel compelled to sign up for a service like this, its personal choice
Old Aug 16th 2010, 5:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Please be aware that if anyone decides to follow up their problem with this organisation, you will not be able to PM Dana as yet, she has not yet posted three times.

Obviously any discussions that are held between this company and posters are nothing to do with BE. They are a private matter between the two parties and BE can not be held responsible for any disagreements that may or may not occur.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Dana Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi Dana,

I wonder if you could clarify a couple of points.

Firstly, does the Ausfis organisation actually employ any registered migration agents? British Expats does prefer agents to identity themselves to our members, and quote their MARA number, so if your organisation employs any maybe they could identify themseves?
Also, I am little confused by the wording of the statement " If you are not an Australian citizen, you must join the program and take advantage of the opportunity that has been offered to you by the Australian government.' If people ARE Australian citizens they don't need visas and would not be consulting a service such as Ausfis. And "must" is surely a strange word to use, as no one should feel compelled to sign up for a service like this, its personal choice
Hi Pollyana
We employ a few Australian immigration experts that help our customer fill out the immigration forms; they go over the CV and interview the client to help them get the highest score possible.
Regarding the wording- Obviously no one has to do anything they do not want to. And I am sorry if using the word “must” has offended anyone.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:26 am
Just Joined

ChipTz is an unknown quantity at this point

I just registered yesterday (sunday) and received a phone call 3 hours later, which I found very good, but then when I was asked for credit card nr and details and after receiving a lot of bla bla about ssl use on the site and whatever, why was the credit card being asked over the phone and not on a secure page?

Also they were holding my application and securing it and they would not know for how many days they would be able to keep my vacancy open... what the hell? They are not even the ones that will issue the visa, how can they guarantee or not the opening?

Oh, well I decided to think for a couple of days more and now I am glad I decided to search for more information, finding this thread.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:02 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi Chip

Just out of interest, would you mind clarifying what they meant by "vacancy", "holding your application" and "securing" it?

Best regards
Susan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.