Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

ChorleyPT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

I have just been on the phone for an hour with a woman with a VERY FAKE Australian accent claiming to be from Ausfis. She is quite convincing and reeled off the customer service number like it was on a webpage in front of her (oh yes...it was on a webpage in front of her)
Again, as with others of you, it was the 17186609970 number (New York by the way!) and she was virtually demanding that we pay £240 over the phone so that the "Ausfis lawyers" could start our visa application. She made the mistake of saying that we could pay on the website and then when I said I would do that rather than give cc details over the phone she back tracked and said I could only pay by phone. She also made the mistake of ringing at 2pm here which is about midnight in Melbourne where she said she was.
My question is. Is Ausfis actually real and someone else is hacking into their details or is the whole thing a scam?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 5:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChorleyPT
My question is. Is Ausfis actually real and someone else is hacking into their details or is the whole thing a scam?
Have you read through this thread?
Old May 23rd 2011, 5:10 am
Just Joined

engrfahd is an unknown quantity at this point

I fell to this scam and i paid then 250 Euros in advance. They sounded so real, will all the information and assessment forms and details. But alot of times it did click to me that something is wrong. As the first call i recall they never had my details correctly, asking my name and other details. Like my dob, place of birth etc. And actually i paid them. Then they called me again, and asked me that i have qualified the assessment and have to take the second step and its a one off payment of 300 euros, since i didn't have enough money in the account i postponed the idea, but after 3-4 weeks thay called again and said i have to process this application or it will expire and that i have to pay 550euros. Look from 300 to 550 straight without any explanation, thats when i realized something is wrong. Please guys we have to be very careful with this fraud. I had always been careful and i fell to it as well. Ask the right questions to catch thses bastards out.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Meire is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just got a phone call like that but they asked me for my credit crd number. As I refused to give them the number by phone they sent me an email with a link for the payment. The link was apparntly normal but I found it strange they didn't say anything about the documents required or how I would deliver it. The phone code was Australian and she assured me I was paying for the assessment to getting an Australian visa.
The questions were about my job and life. she sounded nice and also said "honey" sometimes. The phone call was on Sunday afternoon and her accent was more American than Aussie.
I'm going to check this company at the Australian consulate here in Brazil.

Originally Posted by vopxxx
Be warned of phone calls from AusFis demanding money!

I thought I should share with you that a friend of mine in the UK who has recently received multiple phone calls claimed to be from AusFis. From their website, it states AUSFIS is an organization offers you the opportunity to participate in the Australian skill migration program where you may be eligible for a permanent visa to live and work in Australia (see http://www.ausfis.org/Home.aspx)

He said that the people who called him sounds like American and Indian. They called him a few times on Sunday morning which I found abit odd and said to him that he has enough points and they will get him a temp Working visa easily even though he is 42, not highly skilled and they wanted him to pay USD219 immediately to process his application.

However, he did not part any money but ask the Agents a few more questions about 1) type of visa; 2) work assignment; 3) contract; 4) lock in period, etc.. but they have not replied to his queries to date.

Has any of you experienced or been through this process with AusFis before as they look fishy and a scam/fraud to me... it looks like that they try to put your hope up, take your money and run..

Would love to hear your thoughts....
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:15 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Some have suggested that if they were legitimate they'd have successfully asked to have this thread shut down by now, either through diplomacy or legal action. I think that the Australian consulate might find it hard to confirm that the organisation is legitimate, I would instead suggest making contact with the Migration Institute of Australia, headquartered in Sydney, see www.mia.org.au .

Cheers,

George Lombard

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

wicked and wild is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, its a shame that such a company exist. I started my application last year sept. For some reason I completely ignored it and just last week I got a mail from Kin asking me what she can do to help me get this application sorted. I however saw a 2day promo 10% discount via mail... I immediately jumped @ it knowing fully well that I really really would love to live and work in Australia and hey by the way I jumped at it paid with my mastercard debit card 199euro, payment successful. I got a call from an American guy then he dropped , a lady who spoke like an indian/british mix called me spoke for over an hour plus on a toll free number...she suddenly calculated 199euro plus some other fee which was for sending a package down, saying this is the last money i would pay everything about 549.. I was shocked because she asked me about my card info and she wanted me to repeat these words... 549euro should be deducted from my card and I should say the amount in equivalent in my currency that should be deducted.. Before saying all that I sensed something fishy, I immediately cut the call and turned my phone off, i went straight for the ATM and took out my money leaving d equivalent of 199euro hoping that they were or they are genuine.

I turned my phone off 1hr later the same lady called me again and what irritates me is they faacking called me on a Sunday and am like WTF!!!

Anyways thank goodness I found this forum, This is a ****ing scam company and the truth is they are up 2 no ****ing good. I told the bank 2 deactivate that account and trust me I'll simply act like nufin happened. I had to share on here... and hey all these happened Sunday yesterday, and just so you know I'm from Africa yet they pulled a fast 1 on me... Its really a shame tho.. PLS BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE... AUSFIS.ORG
Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has run its course and is now closed.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 2:55 am
Just Joined

elizabeth00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ausfis / Natively Academy Spam

Just writing so all beware of the above.

They claim excellent customer service but almost every email to them bounces back. MARA has also confirmed that they have many victims who paid but did not get anything in return. So beware all.

Had signed up with them @ Ausfis website for assistance on migration, but was somehow contacted by some staff from Ausfis - which turned out into Natively their sister company charging the credit card for some language package that did not need.

The next day in less than 24hrs from providing credit card details in the initial call, had wrote an email to cancel and ask for refund, as found out after chancing upon this forum that they are not Mara registered.

That was when the nightmare begun. There were so many bounced back mails and some manager who called saying they can offer some discount but I should not cancel. Why not I asked, since I have not even logged in to change my password / upload resume and given notice within 24hrs for termination. They said the package can be transferred to someone else who wants to migrate, maybe I should consider migrating to USA if I decide not to go to Australia any more. They insisted on sending the package of some language CDs to me which I had already in 24hrs said I do not want, and when I was on business trip, my mum received it, I had been writing frantically to them to return the CDs to them for a return address - for I did not even open the parcel and it is in original state. But as usual, no response, no feedback.

Unfortunately my emails went unanswered after that, quite a shame for an organization who proudly proclaimed to me that they have been existent for some time and excellent in customer service.

So all beware, am writing this so all do not fall into the same hapless situation. Would set up a website soon so all victims of this organization can share the stories to prevent similar situations from happening.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ausfis / Natively Academy Spam

Merged into already closed thread
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

macatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to allmacatack007 is a name known to all
Default Review of immigration company AUSFIS

Hi all.

Just a quick question and advice please.

Has anyone used AUSFIS immigration service, if so how do they rate them. Good and bad points welcome oh and also fees.

Much appreciated.
Pete
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Review of immigration company AUSFIS

Try doing a search. 100% scammers.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Review of immigration company AUSFIS

Originally Posted by louie
Try doing a search. 100% scammers.
I've merged the two threads together.......and totally agree with you - bunch of scammers