Aus PCC-Black & White-Should I certify?

Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:16 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice
Default Aus PCC-Black & White-Should I certify?

Hey all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer.

Got my PCC from Oz in post today. Intend scanning it and attaching it to my application asap but just wondering if I need to get it certified?

It is in black & white but it is on official AFP paper, there is a police logo in the background.

Opinions welcome as always, suspect I will have to get it certified but then again, if it is on official Aussie Federal Police paper then maybe it's ok
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:35 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice
Default Re: Aus PCC-Black & White-Should I certify?

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hey all,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer.

Got my PCC from Oz in post today. Intend scanning it and attaching it to my application asap but just wondering if I need to get it certified?

It is in black & white but it is on official AFP paper, there is a police logo in the background.

Opinions welcome as always, suspect I will have to get it certified but then again, if it is on official Aussie Federal Police paper then maybe it's ok

HI Lilsweets,

Just to be on the safe side I would recommend to have the doc certified.

Better to do that then have any further delays on a visa grant

Regards

Silverski
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:42 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by silverski
HI Lilsweets,

Just to be on the safe side I would recommend to have the doc certified.

Better to do that then have any further delays on a visa grant

Regards

Silverski
Thanks for that Silverski,

As I have the attention of another Irish person, I have one more quick question. I send DIAC my birth cert, it was a new one that I requested from the Births, Deaths & Marriages office. However, it looks very compact and I am wondering if I should also submit an old version which is much bigger in size.

Don't know why I am panicking about this now, I have had months to sort it out!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:19 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Thanks for that Silverski,

As I have the attention of another Irish person, I have one more quick question. I send DIAC my birth cert, it was a new one that I requested from the Births, Deaths & Marriages office. However, it looks very compact and I am wondering if I should also submit an old version which is much bigger in size.

Don't know why I am panicking about this now, I have had months to sort it out!
HI Lilsweets,

Not sure where you are based, but I called into our local civic office and they printed out all our birth certs they were in A4 format. If yours contain all the necessary info they should be fine.

If you need any further help give a shout.

Regards
Silverski
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:53 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by silverski
HI Lilsweets,

Not sure where you are based, but I called into our local civic office and they printed out all our birth certs they were in A4 format. If yours contain all the necessary info they should be fine.

If you need any further help give a shout.

Regards
Silverski
Thanks again for the great advise!

That sounds like the one I got also, was surprised that it was in A4 format. I recently found my original birth certificate which is in tatters and it is much bigger so wasn't sure if I should attach the original also. Might take my chances and go with the one that I got this year.

Thanks again,
L
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:15 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

Thanks again for the great advise!

That sounds like the one I got also, was surprised that it was in A4 format. I recently found my original birth certificate which is in tatters and it is much bigger so wasn't sure if I should attach the original also. Might take my chances and go with the one that I got this year.

Thanks again,
L
Thts great , good luck. And keep up the good work with the updates. Hope to see ours added to your list someday soon.

Regards
S
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

I didnt have my AFP check certified as I thought that DIAC would have seen one or two checks in their time and realise that it could have still been scanned in colour.

Black and White are still colours after all.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:14 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Originally Posted by De Mange
Black and White are still colours after all.
I like your theory!

I'm getting another document certified next week anyway so I might as well get it done. Would kick myself if I had to get it done later on down the track.