Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Old May 30th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: A quick question for Account Professionals, Please help

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Dear helloshivahere,

Thank You for such a quick response, I really appreciate your help. We have been searching NIA web site to get relevant information. Right now, my friend has following subject stuck in his way of ICMA completion; he has given a last attempt to this subject but he is not sure if will make it through. The subject is "business finance". What if he wont' be able to make it through with ICMA.

Also, while browsing through NIA website, we have found following in Q/A Session: can you please elaborate on this one as well:

if you are a member (by examination) of a professional body without an asterisk, it is likely that your professional qualification is considered comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree.

Regards,
Normally the list of professional bodies partially recognised by NIA ( referthe list in NIA website) accompanied with any UG degree in Accounts will get a positive assessment.

Example Indian CA (Paritially or fully qualified) with any UG degree in Accounts will get positive asseement.

By the way what is ICMA( Is it partially rec by NIA?) But my concern in your friends case he dont have any UG degree in Accounts and he didnt finisih that ICMA.

If he have the above list of subjects in his curriculam and he have strong syllabi still he could able to make it(Other wise he may need to study some of the OZ subjects through IDP /Distance mode)
Old May 30th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

hussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

One of my friend is in final Semester of ICMA and has following exp and education. Can some one please let us know if he would be able to get +ve assessment for 175 from NIA. He has 9 passed subjects out of 12 listed on NIA site.

Education:
ICMA (Last subject remaining, FM)
B.Sc (Maths A, Maths B, Stats)

Exp:
5 + years of exp as Sr.Finance Officer (2 Year) and Financial Controller (3 Year)

There are a lot of Accountants on this forum and we really need assistance in this regard. I am expecting that some one would come up with expert opinion and help us deciding that if my friend will get + ve assessment from NIA.

Regards,
Hi,
My advise is that let him finish the ICMA and get the membership and then apply. The chances will be more...
Old May 30th 2009, 1:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mikoy,

There will be a criteria under which NIA assesses an application. Like Education, degrees, Exp, age etc

I am an IT professional and our assessing body is ACS. ACS requires one major degree in IT and 4+ years of professional exp to get +ve assessment.
Can you please let me know if such criteria exists by NIA as well?

Regards,
Hi
Did you look at the NIA website?
Old May 30th 2009, 1:17 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hussain_2206
Hi,
My advise is that let him finish the ICMA and get the membership and then apply. The chances will be more...
Dear Hussain,

According to my friend, there are very slim chances that he will pass his last subject and its his last attempt to clear this subject in ICMA [Intitute of Cost & Managment Accountants]. If he fails this time, he won't have an ICMA degree. Although he has passed 22 out of 23 subjects but he won't have an official degree, its weired but its true.

Now, what are the chances if he won't be able to pass this single subject?

Regards,
Old May 30th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Mikoy,

There will be a criteria under which NIA assesses an application. Like Education, degrees, Exp, age etc

I am an IT professional and our assessing body is ACS. ACS requires one major degree in IT and 4+ years of professional exp to get +ve assessment.
Can you please let me know if such criteria exists by NIA as well?

Regards,
Although I was assessed by CPAA I would assume the criteria used by NIA would be around pretty much the same premises. At the time I only had my bachelor's degree in accountancy and didn't have any work experience as accountant but got a positive assessment, passing 11 of 12 core subjects. Looks like your friend needs to complete the proper coursework to make it. All the best.
Old May 30th 2009, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

hussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura about

Dear Hussain,

According to my friend, there are very slim chances that he will pass his last subject and its his last attempt to clear this subject in ICMA [Intitute of Cost & Managment Accountants]. If he fails this time, he won't have an ICMA degree. Although he has passed 22 out of 23 subjects but he won't have an official degree, its weired but its true.

Now, what are the chances if he won't be able to pass this single subject?

Regards,
If he has studied the 9 subjects from that of 12 then there is no harm to try your luck otherwise.
Old May 30th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hussain_2206
If he has studied the 9 subjects from that of 12 then there is no harm to try your luck otherwise.
But the point is, one has to have been awarded a degree or equivalent qualification - that is as far as I know. Best find out whether an 'incomplete' or 'nearly completed' degree or qualification is acceptable for assessment purposes to begin with.
Old May 30th 2009, 5:20 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikoy21
But the point is, one has to have been awarded a degree or equivalent qualification - that is as far as I know. Best find out whether an 'incomplete' or 'nearly completed' degree or qualification is acceptable for assessment purposes to begin with.
Mikoy,

You are absolutely right. That's what this fuss is all about. degree which is almost complete , how it will be assessed by NIA.

Regards,
Old May 30th 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mikoy,

You are absolutely right. That's what this fuss is all about. degree which is almost complete , how it will be assessed by NIA.

Regards,
I think so, too, Mukesam.

To the OP: I think that the only way forward for your friend is to successfully complete the degree / qualification.

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?categoryID=921 - I hope this helps.

Best of luck.
Old May 30th 2009, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Silly me Mukesam I didn't even realize you were the original poster
Old May 30th 2009, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

venkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Normally the list of professional bodies partially recognised by NIA ( referthe list in NIA website) accompanied with any UG degree in Accounts will get a positive assessment.

Example Indian CA (Paritially or fully qualified) with any UG degree in Accounts will get positive asseement.

By the way what is ICMA( Is it partially rec by NIA?) But my concern in your friends case he dont have any UG degree in Accounts and he didnt finisih that ICMA.

If he have the above list of subjects in his curriculam and he have strong syllabi still he could able to make it(Other wise he may need to study some of the OZ subjects through IDP /Distance mode)
hello shivehare,
I really appreciate yr information on the subject, can u put some light on the acceptance of Indian CA in the australian market.

regards,
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by venkie
hello shivehare,
I really appreciate yr information on the subject, can u put some light on the acceptance of Indian CA in the australian market.

regards,
As far as overseas qualifications like Indian CA,ICWA, ACS, even UK qualifications like CIMA,ACCA will be treated as overseas qualifications only. U need to upgrade to CPA,CA(Oz),NIA if you would like to go for a long run.

You can refer websites for exemptions and fast tracks to obtain OZ ca and CPA status if you are an Member of any professional accountancy institutions recognised by Oz A/c institutions.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point

The simple answer is that for NIA you should have 1. degree which is compared to australian bachelor degree (that is Pakistani Master degree - 16 yeasr BBA+MBA) and no 2. is that you shold cover at least 9 out of twelved core units in order to get +assessment
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Karen25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to this forum. I had completed my accounts assessment with NIA in 2006 and though my indian degree is comparable, I did not meet the following core subjects:

Financial and corporate accounting
Current Accounting Issues (Standards and theory)
Economics
Australian Taxation Law
Australian Company Law

Now i am in the process of clearing two subjects out of above five. I need you guys to help me how to go about it. As i dont have any idea what or how to do.

Thanks
Karen
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Karen25
I am new to this forum. I had completed my accounts assessment with NIA in 2006 and though my indian degree is comparable, I did not meet the following core subjects:

Financial and corporate accounting
Current Accounting Issues (Standards and theory)
Economics
Australian Taxation Law
Australian Company Law

Now i am in the process of clearing two subjects out of above five. I need you guys to help me how to go about it. As i dont have any idea what or how to do.

Thanks
Karen
Approach IDP- India. You need to do this courses through OU/Distance mode
www.idp.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.