August 2009 Applicant

Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Eveelg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: August 2009 Applicant

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Just to update you guys on my status, I departed Aus on 17th Nov, as for offshore applications final grant letter is not given until u leave aus. I reached Malaysia on 17th afternoon, and found my final grant letter already waiting in my mail box. E-mail does fly faster than flight..haha

On 18th, i.e. yesterday I went to aus embassy and got PR stamped on my passport...leaving for Perth tonight...and guess what, this time I will enter as a PR
Congratulations...
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Can we be added please:

TRA successful 20/07/09
Applied 175 (CSL) 6/08/09
SS-WA applied on 18/08/09...... waiting

Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

tatoo is on a distinguished road

hello,

I have assigned CO on Oct 14, 2009 and she requested for form 80 only, does anybody have any idea how long it will take for medical and pcc request???

Any august 2009 175 applicant got any email from CO?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

afathi82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to update you guys on my status, I departed Aus on 17th Nov, as for offshore applications final grant letter is not given until u leave aus. I reached Malaysia on 17th afternoon, and found my final grant letter already waiting in my mail box. E-mail does fly faster than flight..haha

On 18th, i.e. yesterday I went to aus embassy and got PR stamped on my passport...leaving for Perth tonight...and guess what, this time I will enter as a PR
Congratualtions for you.
hope he same for all of us.
I want to ask you regarding applying offshore while you are in australia as i am doing the same.
when you got the pre-grant letter, does it contains that you are approved or accepted?
You have to leave australia within how many days from the pre-grant letter?
How long you should stay out of Australia?
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by afathi82
Congratualtions for you.
hope he same for all of us.
I want to ask you regarding applying offshore while you are in australia as i am doing the same.
when you got the pre-grant letter, does it contains that you are approved or accepted?
Thanks..

Pre-grant letter does not say if it is approved or rejected..it just says that 'final decision cannot be made unless u depart from aus'..However, a pre-grant letter is issued when everything else (job verificatn, medical,pcc etc) is met..so normally there shud nt be any reason why pre-grant letter wont be followed by grant letter, unless some exceptional incidents happen!

After u get pre-grant, u will have to inform CO abt ur departure within 28 days...also in the same letter CO will mention tht "if visa is accepted, u will have to make first entry in aus no later than XXX (in my case 25th sep, 2010) date"...i recokn, this date is effectively the date before which u have to depart aus so tht u have time to depart aus, get grant, and enter aus as PR before this date.

Depends which country u r going to..the process is as follows-

- u inform the CO abt ur departure date and destination
- that info is diarised, so that he can send u grant letter after tht date
- u depart aus
- CO mails u the grant letter (email)...also ur visa info are transferred to the aus embassy in ur destination country
- u print out the grant letter and go to embassy..they cancel ur existing visa, and stamp PR on ur passport
- u come back to aus

Step 4 happens very fast...I havent hard a case where it took more than 2-3 days...in my case and most of my friend's cases, grant letter was mailed right after the departure (I guess immigration check at aus airport is integrated nicely so that CO gets to know when u actually depart as per the plan, and normally sends across grant letter without delay,i.e., if it is not weekend etc..)...step 5 depends on which country u going to..example, in india u dont go to aus embassy directly...u hand it over to an agency called VFS who does it for u...it takes 2-7 days

I did it from malaysia, altho india is my home country....and there, i got it in 5 mins, over the counter...

So how long to stay out of aus? well I planned for 2.5 working days off to malaysia (my oz employer gave me tht much leave only and touch wood i pulled it off)...worst case scenario, I wud say u shud plan for 10-15 days.

Hope that helps

Last edited by supriyag123; Nov 21st 2009 at 12:18 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

afathi82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks..

Pre-grant letter does not say if it is approved or rejected..it just says that 'final decision cannot be made unless u depart from aus'..However, a pre-grant letter is issued when everything else (job verificatn, medical,pcc etc) is met..so normally there shud nt be any reason why pre-grant letter wont be followed by grant letter, unless some exceptional incidents happen!

After u get pre-grant, u will have to inform CO abt ur departure within 28 days...also in the same letter CO will mention tht "if visa is accepted, u will have to make first entry in aus no later than XXX (in my case 25th sep, 2010) date"...i recokn, this date is effectively the date before which u have to depart aus so tht u have time to depart aus, get grant, and enter aus as PR before this date.

Depends which country u r going to..the process is as follows-

- u inform the CO abt ur departure date and destination
- that info is diarised, so that he can send u grant letter after tht date
- u depart aus
- CO mails u the grant letter (email)...also ur visa info are transferred to the aus embassy in ur destination country
- u print out the grant letter and go to embassy..they cancel ur existing visa, and stamp PR on ur passport
- u come back to aus

Step 4 happens very fast...I havent hard a case where it took more than 2-3 days...in my case and most of my friend's cases, grant letter was mailed right after the departure (I guess immigration check at aus airport is integrated nicely so that CO gets to know when u actually depart as per the plan, and normally sends across grant letter without delay,i.e., if it is not weekend etc..)...step 5 depends on which country u going to..example, in india u dont go to aus embassy directly...u hand it over to an agency called VFS who does it for u...it takes 2-7 days

I did it from malaysia, altho india is my home country....and there, i got it in 5 mins, over the counter...

So how long to stay out of aus? well I planned for 2.5 working days off to malaysia (my oz employer gave me tht much leave only and touch wood i pulled it off)...worst case scenario, I wud say u shud plan for 10-15 days.

Hope that helps
Thank you very much for all these appreciated informations. it is very helpful for me.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

funky_beat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just to update the August folks, that I have been assigned a case officer today. I applied for VE 175 on 8/8/09. The case officer requested only form 80. All my documents show met except form 80 for which status is requested, while medicals and PCC still show requried. However in the body of email it is mentioned that if I can't provide medicals and PCC within 28 days I should show the receipts as proof that I have applied for these. I am a little lost as should I get medicals and PCC done at this stage or wait for the CO request again.

Cheers
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by funky_beat
Hi,
Just to update the August folks, that I have been assigned a case officer today. I applied for VE 175 on 8/8/09. The case officer requested only form 80. All my documents show met except form 80 for which status is requested, while medicals and PCC still show requried. However in the body of email it is mentioned that if I can't provide medicals and PCC within 28 days I should show the receipts as proof that I have applied for these. I am a little lost as should I get medicals and PCC done at this stage or wait for the CO request again.

Cheers
wow you are lucky mate..congratz.. i had been only asked for Form 80... I think you should go for meds as he mentioned in his email
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

funonrun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers
Hi,

Are you from HR Country and with SS ? or MODL+CSL ?

Cheers
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

same case with me. I have applies on August 6, 2009, and supporting officer asked me to send form 80 only on 14 October. I already sent Form 80. CSL/HR Country.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point

hi congratulation...

Hi,

Cheers
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

tejas is an unknown quantity at this point

hi congratulation...

Originally Posted by tatoo
same case with me. I have applies on August 6, 2009, and supporting officer asked me to send form 80 only on 14 October. I already sent Form 80. CSL/HR Country.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

funky_beat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by funonrun
Hi,

Are you from HR Country and with SS ? or MODL+CSL ?

Cheers
I am from HR country on CSL without SS.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

i am from HR country without SS. CSL only
Old Nov 25th 2009, 1:36 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

OMG! OMG! OMG! All my documents have changed to met as of 24/11/09 and my status page says my medicals have been requested. I haven't had any emails from any case officer and my status page doesn't mention police clearance anywhere. Do you think I should just do medicals and police checks anyway?
Or should I send a PLE?
Any advice anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.