is it 2008 or 2009 ?
2008!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: August 2009 Applicant

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel
2008!
Far out.. this is ultra clumsy...!!! still they are processing 2008 applications :/

anyhow got email from ASIO after my complain lodge. Here it is

Dear Mr Ashraf

Thank you for your inquiry concerning the time taken to process the security assessment associated with this visa application.

As a result of your inquiry I have made an administrative inquiry of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO), the agency responsible for processing security assessments.

My inquiry has revealed that ASIO has received a referral in this matter. To ensure that all applications are treated fairly, ASIO processes these cases in the order in which they are received, unless they are allocated priority by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). I have been advised that this case is being considered in accordance with the priority allocated to it by DIAC.

My office has no role in determining the priority of a case. If you believe that this visa application requires a higher priority due to personal circumstances, I suggest you discuss the matter with the DIAC case officer. The case officer can prioritise the matter on compelling or compassionate grounds if the case officer assesses that to be appropriate.

Even if the case is given a high priority, the time taken to process a security assessment can still vary based on individual and other circumstances, and is not necessarily quick.

It is not possible for me to predict how long this assessment will take.

Please contact DIAC for any other inquiries about this visa application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security
P +61 2 6271 5692 | F +61 2 6271 5696 | www.igis.gov.au
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by aliash
Far out.. this is ultra clumsy...!!! still they are processing 2008 applications :/
they are allocating COs to those applicants...this thing has nothing to do with the cases of those who have already been assigned COs[like us]...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aliah
they are allocating COs to those applicants...this thing has nothing to do with the cases of those who have already been assigned COs[like us]...
how do you know they are allocating CO's? He mentioned "considered by CO's"
Old Oct 5th 2010, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

how do you know they are allocating CO's? He mentioned "considered by CO's"
"Considered by CO" means to get before a CO [CO allocation]

Last edited by aliah; Oct 5th 2010 at 4:49 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

"Considered by CO" means to get before a CO [CO allocation]
anyhow what is the authenticity of this news?
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:33 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

anyhow what is the authenticity of this news?
Spend some time on BEUpdate.co.uk
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Spend some time on BEUpdate.co.uk
Plus i believe that once external security checks etc are done in case of Pakistani applicants from May,09 onwards, DIAC wont take much time to finalize the cases as they did with indian,sri lankan and other applicants who applied lot later than Pakistani applicants!!!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:00 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Plus i believe that once external security checks etc are done in case of Pakistani applicants from May,09 onwards, DIAC wont take much time to finalize the cases as they did with indian,sri lankan and other applicants who applied lot later than Pakistani applicants!!!
Yes, even they are processing 08 applicants at the moment if someone who have applied in 09 or 10 and his security checks are done, he will be pinged by the case officers.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Yes, even they are processing 08 applicants at the moment if someone who have applied in 09 or 10 and his security checks are done, he will be pinged by the case officers.
inshaALLAH...
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

gmjally is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got any updates...?
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

gh_be_aussie is on a distinguished road

anyhow got email from ASIO after my complain lodge. Here it is

Dear Mr Ashraf

Thank you for your inquiry concerning the time taken to process the security assessment associated with this visa application.

As a result of your inquiry I have made an administrative inquiry of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO), the agency responsible for processing security assessments.

My inquiry has revealed that ASIO has received a referral in this matter. To ensure that all applications are treated fairly, ASIO processes these cases in the order in which they are received, unless they are allocated priority by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). I have been advised that this case is being considered in accordance with the priority allocated to it by DIAC.

My office has no role in determining the priority of a case. If you believe that this visa application requires a higher priority due to personal circumstances, I suggest you discuss the matter with the DIAC case officer. The case officer can prioritise the matter on compelling or compassionate grounds if the case officer assesses that to be appropriate.

Even if the case is given a high priority, the time taken to process a security assessment can still vary based on individual and other circumstances, and is not necessarily quick.

It is not possible for me to predict how long this assessment will take.

Please contact DIAC for any other inquiries about this visa application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security
P +61 2 6271 5692 | F +61 2 6271 5696 | www.igis.gov.au
By the way what is URL to make such enquiry. the only advantage i see one can be sure if his case is under security assessment and struck no where. Can you please grant link.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Write an email to [email protected] with your application details and name, address.
Originally Posted by gh_be_aussie
By the way what is URL to make such enquiry. the only advantage i see one can be sure if his case is under security assessment and struck no where. Can you please grant link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.