August 2009 Applicant

Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ashfaq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: August 2009 Applicant

Originally Posted by aliah
they have online query form as well but that did not work for me...
so i dropped an email at [email protected].
just write that you want to ask whether your case is referred to ASIO or not?
and mention your complete name,date of birth,DIAC file reference number,email,mobile number and your country(this info was necessary to be put on online form)
thats all...i got reply just after 1 working day...they got my case referral!
atleast i would try not to disturb my CO coz i know ASIO is doing their work and DIAC cant do anything until they get the outcome from ASIO!!!
Can u also guide me one more thing that I have submitted PLE 2 weeks ago but nothing got reply from my CO yet..I am very confused at the moment regarding this matter...anxiously waiting for ur reply..
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ashfaq is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by intellect20
Have your agent mailed your CO or lodged PLE?
yes my agent sent the PLE but nothing got reply yet dear... I am very confused regarding this matter...
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by ashfaq
Can u also guide me one more thing that I have submitted PLE 2 weeks ago but nothing got reply from my CO yet..I am very confused at the moment regarding this matter...anxiously waiting for ur reply..
reply is here...
once i got to know the address of team processing my case,i stopped raising PLEs...and last 4 emails to CO were answered in 1-2 working days...so fast!!!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

luvausi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I would like to believe that external (form80) checks are performed before internal (intelligence,security, ASIO) checks. It only makes sense to first check your eligibility and genuinesness for the skilled immigration before assessing you for security issues. They would be more interested in your skills for skilled migration (thats why external first)..its not intelligence agency now is it :-)
very logical. good mate
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I would like to believe that external (form80) checks are performed before internal (intelligence,security, ASIO) checks. It only makes sense to first check your eligibility and genuinesness for the skilled immigration before assessing you for security issues. They would be more interested in your skills for skilled migration (thats why external first)..its not intelligence agency now is it :-)
the same happened to me...
but external checks are not all about Form 80...my external checks are over(CO changed their name to "Internal" ) and Form 80 is still not "met"...
but sequence is most probably same as what u mentioned above!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:35 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

the same happened to me...
but external checks are not all about Form 80...my external checks are over(CO changed their name to "Internal" ) and Form 80 is still not "met"...
but sequence is most probably same as what u mentioned above!
lol same here my job got verified so I believe external checks were going on. now in the recent email from CO it appears 'my application is subject to certain internal checks' LOL.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I read this post on march 2009 thread
Poster:-Marie-
some good news finally - email below received from agent today____

The frustration is still ongoing I'm sorry to say. The situation is further
complicated by the prime mister stepping down and the deputy pm calling
an election this month so some delay in decisions around immigration.

On a very positive note your occupation is on the federal list and the fact
you have state sponsorship should put your application in the 2nd priority
list. The first prioity list is for employer sponsored applications that
in most cases are corporate employers.

The states were to publish their new occupation lists in August but this
has been put back to Septemeber after the elections. We don't anticipate this will affect you.

With regard to timescales I have to say neither I or my colleagues in the
industry have had any clear indication on processing times. Ocassionally
DIAC will provide guideline times but best is when we see applications being
processed and we work out timescales from that. At he moment it seems no processing is taking place until the new government is in power

last line is strange!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I read this post on march 2009 thread
Poster:-Marie-
some good news finally - email below received from agent today____

The frustration is still ongoing I'm sorry to say. The situation is further
complicated by the prime mister stepping down and the deputy pm calling
an election this month so some delay in decisions around immigration.

On a very positive note your occupation is on the federal list and the fact
you have state sponsorship should put your application in the 2nd priority
list. The first prioity list is for employer sponsored applications that
in most cases are corporate employers.

The states were to publish their new occupation lists in August but this
has been put back to Septemeber after the elections. We don't anticipate this will affect you.

With regard to timescales I have to say neither I or my colleagues in the
industry have had any clear indication on processing times. Ocassionally
DIAC will provide guideline times but best is when we see applications being
processed and we work out timescales from that. At he moment it seems no processing is taking place until the new government is in power

last line is strange!
Processing of applications is normal day-to-day government business. This continues regardless of the election. The only thing which stops is the process of signing off major policy changes and decisions which need the signature of a Minister.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Processing of applications is normal day-to-day government business. This continues regardless of the election. The only thing which stops is the process of signing off major policy changes and decisions which need the signature of a Minister.
thanks Pollyana for clarifying this point!!!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

gmjally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, but it delays the processes and obviously issuance of visa is also a problem in my opinion. But original reply makes a good sense or reason. so now let get into wait state.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

To moderators,
It might be a stupid question out of one`s curiosity but can anyone comment on visa refusal on last stages.i mean if some has already been checked and found correct on point basis(employment,assessment,IELTS,qualification etc etc)+medicals...and ONLY security assessment remains...like in case of many pakistanis like me...who are being scrutinized by ASIO at the moment.If they are free from any past charges and are all clear thenis there any legitimate reason behind rejection at this point apart from sudden cap and cease orders from ministry????Delay in process is fine but i am slightly confused at this point

Last edited by aliah; Aug 18th 2010 at 8:11 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmjally
Yes, but it delays the processes and obviously issuance of visa is also a problem in my opinion. But original reply makes a good sense or reason. so now let get into wait state.
It doesn't delay the processing - as far as "ordinary" public servants are concerned, the election is irrelevant to our jobs, we carry on with day-to-day work as normal. Its only the higher levels that are affected, those that involve changes of policy etc. Processing and granting of visa applications will go on as normal, unless your case is unusual and up for something like a Ministerial review.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
Looking at the timelines of few Pakistani applicants that got visas recently, I am inclined to believe internal (ASIO) checks are taking about 8 months.... Would you agree?
Dear

How You calculate 8 months?After the CO allocation ?After the Form 80 submission?(Remember Form 80 has no bearing on ASIO checks.)
Or After the submission of SRAF(Security referral Application form?)

Please share your findings.

Rgds
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:40 am
Just Joined

ARIO is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa was Granted on Aug19,
thanks to my agent, Home Migration Services, did what ever needed, I think I had a lots of mistake when they phoned for job verification. but thanks god , it didn't affect my case processing.
I am waiting for appointment to go and get that ****ing visa STICKER.

good luck everybody
Old Aug 21st 2010, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

umair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant futureumair has a brilliant future

Congrats mate.
May I know about your location?

Thanks...
Originally Posted by ARIO
My visa was Granted on Aug19,
thanks to my agent, Home Migration Services, did what ever needed, I think I had a lots of mistake when they phoned for job verification. but thanks god , it didn't affect my case processing.
I am waiting for appointment to go and get that ****ing visa STICKER.

good luck everybody

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.