August 2008 Applications

Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future
Default Re: August 2008 Applications

Originally Posted by MSGuy
Hi Guys,

Any exciting news....or am I being way too optimistic?

I'll be getting my PCC's soon....still dont wont to do the meds...having a lot of fun waiting....

Cheers..
Its soo hard just waiting around but exciting at the same time, we have front loaded everything, but i dont think it makes much difference

Originally Posted by Marcman
Hey No news here, suppose i didnt expect any yet.
Ill do my meds and clearance early jan, am i correct in saying they last a year so that means if successful, i would have to enter 1 year after that

Cheers
I think you have 1 year to enter after either your pcc or meds which ever runs out first e.g. if you pcc was august 08 and your meds september 08 you would have till August 09 to enter
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

IanMitch83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Interested in hearing how everyone else is getting on with their applications, I have an agent recommended by a friend doing everything for me as otherwise i'd never get round to it

Submitted a 175 skilled VISA on the 29/08, agent advised not to get police checks and medicals done for a while as would take a good 4-5 months for a case officer to be allocated.

Should I have done anything about the checks yet or will I just get asked for them when they are required?

Any ideas on how long its going to take before a case officer is assigned? Not in any major rush, although i can hear the lifestyle in Brisbane calling me already!!!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

Its gone very quiet on this thread, i guess everyone is just going crazy waiting around , i can't help but check application status every morning even though i know there will be no change, hopefully soon there will be some good updates here e.g. CO allocations, heres hoping
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

MSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by covphoenix
Its gone very quiet on this thread, i guess everyone is just going crazy waiting around , i can't help but check application status every morning even though i know there will be no change, hopefully soon there will be some good updates here e.g. CO allocations, heres hoping
Guess you are right. All this news about cutting the number of immigrants is making me a bit nervous. But I guess we should be alright since we are already in the system
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by covphoenix
I was going insane checking every day, now I try and limit myself to every friday morning. Going for our medicals in a couple of weeks I hope things move quickly after that.

I read somewhere that applications for june are being processed at the moment so hopefully by december they should start getting to ours.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Marcman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SilverH
I was going insane checking every day, now I try and limit myself to every friday morning. Going for our medicals in a couple of weeks I hope things move quickly after that.

I read somewhere that applications for june are being processed at the moment so hopefully by december they should start getting to ours.
Hi, checking every day, gosh that's keen
Are you checking using the evisa page?
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

Yeah hopefully in December ours will start.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi, checking every day, gosh that's keen
Are you checking using the evisa page?
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

Yeah hopefully in December ours will start.
Yeah its keen - I might be a little bit excited about the move
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SilverH

Hi

Yes I know how you feel, I used to check everyday but now after a couple of days or so.

We went for our medicals on the 13th. Any of those waiting to have them done, don't worry very straight forward. We had them done at Maidenhead, Bridge clinic. Very friendly staff. They also do the X-rays as well, so it saves us time going back.

The Medical included:
Firstly we went for our X-rays,

then the nurse did weight check, height check, eye sight test (with and without glasses), urine test.

Then the doctor checked our blood pressure, listened to the heart, checked our breathing, checked the kids glands, felt abdomen.

Then finally we had our blood test (me and hubby). That was all it was and we were worried for nothing.!!

The worst part was the paying bit. Its cost us for 2 adults, 2 children (12years - he had X rays and medical, and 8 year - just medical) £663.00 which included £7 each for the courier. There prices are on there websites if anybody is interested:

Adult (Medical, X-ray, blood test) = £193 (x 2)
Child 12 year old (medical and X-ray) = £164
Child 8 year old (medical) = £85
Plus courier (£7 each x4) =£28

The clinic said it takes about 7 days for the bloods to come back and I phoned on 24th and the medicals were sent on the 21st.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

MSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to allMSGuy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wal74
Hi

Yes I know how you feel, I used to check everyday but now after a couple of days or so.
Couple of days.....well...I didnt check the site for 2 weeks now....
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MSGuy
Couple of days.....well...I didnt check the site for 2 weeks now....
I would love to be able to wait that long ... Unfortunately I was not blessed with patience...
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think i would be able to not check it for a couple of weeks, i'd be thinking what if its there and we don't know i do wish i had more patience
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IanMitch83
Hi all,

Interested in hearing how everyone else is getting on with their applications, I have an agent recommended by a friend doing everything for me as otherwise i'd never get round to it

Submitted a 175 skilled VISA on the 29/08, agent advised not to get police checks and medicals done for a while as would take a good 4-5 months for a case officer to be allocated.

Should I have done anything about the checks yet or will I just get asked for them when they are required?

Any ideas on how long its going to take before a case officer is assigned? Not in any major rush, although i can hear the lifestyle in Brisbane calling me already!!!
We were told the very same thing. I kept watching the forums to see when CO's were being allocated and Visas granted. We had the medicals done about 3 months after we submitted our application. Then everything just seemed to fall into place. Good luck
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Marcman is on a distinguished road

Cant wait!

I guess its a good time to look into properly consolidating our finances.

What's everyone's take on this? Are there forums discussing finances related migration matters?

Basically i need to know:
  • Shall I ship everything, if so costs (i hear they smack you with taxes on release)

Geezz Louis so much to do on this front!

Anybody started planning these items yet? It will be good to get opinions or maybe start a new thread somewhere else
        Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:24 pm
        Forum Regular

Cant wait!

I guess its a good time to look into properly consolidating our finances.

What's everyone's take on this? Are there forums discussing finances related migration matters?

Basically i need to know:
        • Shall I ship everything, if so costs (i hear they smack you with taxes on release)

Geezz Louis so much to do on this front!

Anybody started planning these items yet? It will be good to get opinions or maybe start a new thread somewhere else
              Hubbie and I have been discussing this tonight... I work in PM and he is in IT and if the market doesnt turn around by next year we are going to validate around Aug 09 and wait till things pick up before making the permanent move. We are in rented at the moment so can move quickly - thankfully. Shipping furniture will be for a 4 bed detached around £4-5k plus flights and we are taking a minimum of £20k for 6 months, which will include cash for a car on our arrival. We have 2 children, who will be, if we go next year, 5 and 3. I hope things pick up next year cos I am hating this winter already!
              Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:54 am
              J.K
              Just Joined

J.K is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding validation if u get your visa (skilled migrant - permanment residency) and you head off to oz....., once someone has arrived in OZ and had the passport stamped, how long do they have to stay to keep their visa "valid" as it were??....I mean can they pop back to UK etc to take care of stuff...and if they leave OZ to do this, how long can they stay away for before having to return to OZ

it is a skilled migrant (relative) sponsored 176 visa for my wife, and I would go too as the spouse :O)

thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.