August 2008 Applications

Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Camsara19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: August 2008 Applications

Originally Posted by SilverH
Hi Sara ... Welcome.. we are doing this ourselves... things are fairly straight forward for us... well at least i hope so... applied for a 175 - my hubbie is in IT. So far we have had no problems at all.

Tracy
Hi Tracy

Thanks for your reply, what was your first step? Did your Hubby do the Vetassess form first? Have you done it all online? Sorry to be a pain with all the questions?

Sara
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Camsara19
Hi Tracy

Thanks for your reply, what was your first step? Did your Hubby do the Vetassess form first? Have you done it all online? Sorry to be a pain with all the questions?

Sara
Hi Sara

Sorry for the delay - I've had to check with Hubbie as I constantly have Baby Brain! This is the approx order that we did stuff but we started last September so it may be a bit mixed up:

1) Vetassess Paper based assessment to see if Hubbie was qualified and knowledgable enough to progress to the Vetassess Practical Assessment and got all our documents (copies of qualifications, passport, birth certificates etc) certified by a solicitor and sent to our Agent

2) Our Agent then sent us paper copies of the rest of the application which we completed and returned along with Alan's job offer letter and Al's job reference

3) Al did the Practical Assessment

4) Received confirmation that Al had passed and the Agent submitted our application on line the same day - 28th July!!!!

That is pretty much it as I can remember. We have been advised to wait until we get a CO until we have our medicals and do our police checks but we are looking at having them done maybe next month so at least its something else that will be done and we know if everything's okay rather than waiting.

I am really pleased that we have used an Agent because it has taken all of the stress out of it - thats what you pay them for I suppose but when there were areas of the application that we were a little unsure about, we just made a phone call and were told the correct way to write it. HOWEVER, it is REALLLLLY frustrating not being able to check our progress on line but our Agent has been really good and contacted us immediately each time there has been news.

I hope that this helps - please get in touch if I can tell you anything else

Lu xx
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

hey.. if one knows.. what does this mean?

Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant

I am plannig to go by the book, and get the police checks when asked to by the CO. When do I have to fill this?
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Camsara19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trussie
Hi Sara

Sorry for the delay - I've had to check with Hubbie as I constantly have Baby Brain! This is the approx order that we did stuff but we started last September so it may be a bit mixed up:

1) Vetassess Paper based assessment to see if Hubbie was qualified and knowledgable enough to progress to the Vetassess Practical Assessment and got all our documents (copies of qualifications, passport, birth certificates etc) certified by a solicitor and sent to our Agent

2) Our Agent then sent us paper copies of the rest of the application which we completed and returned along with Alan's job offer letter and Al's job reference

3) Al did the Practical Assessment

4) Received confirmation that Al had passed and the Agent submitted our application on line the same day - 28th July!!!!

That is pretty much it as I can remember. We have been advised to wait until we get a CO until we have our medicals and do our police checks but we are looking at having them done maybe next month so at least its something else that will be done and we know if everything's okay rather than waiting.

I am really pleased that we have used an Agent because it has taken all of the stress out of it - thats what you pay them for I suppose but when there were areas of the application that we were a little unsure about, we just made a phone call and were told the correct way to write it. HOWEVER, it is REALLLLLY frustrating not being able to check our progress on line but our Agent has been really good and contacted us immediately each time there has been news.

I hope that this helps - please get in touch if I can tell you anything else

Lu xx
Thank you so much Lu, i thought my hubby would have to do the test first so i better get a move on!

Thanks again for all your help

Hope everything goes through as smoothly as possible for you

Sara X
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Camsara19
Thank you so much Lu, i thought my hubby would have to do the test first so i better get a move on!

Thanks again for all your help

Hope everything goes through as smoothly as possible for you

Sara X
No problem - give us a shout if you need any more help

Lu x x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ahmadj
hey.. if one knows.. what does this mean? Complete character assessment particulars for this applicantI am plannig to go by the book, and get the police checks when asked to by the CO. When do I have to fill this?
Hello Mate, pretty sure this is form 80, u can get it on the DIAC website and really straight forward to completeH
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

queenb is an unknown quantity at this point

We have finally got our 457 VISA!! Didn't know wether to laugh or to cry. Got reponse within a week of lodging the VISAS. V. happy.
We are now really under pressure to sell the house. Been on the market since last 3 months. Though we nearly had a buyer.... ( playing up, due to current market situation)
Would love hear any advise from anyone in similar situation.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by queenb
We have finally got our 457 VISA!! Didn't know wether to laugh or to cry. Got reponse within a week of lodging the VISAS. V. happy.
We are now really under pressure to sell the house. Been on the market since last 3 months. Though we nearly had a buyer.... ( playing up, due to current market situation)
Would love hear any advise from anyone in similar situation.
Hey, well done and congrats. Good luck with your new life
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

hey have just looked at our on line appi tracking thing, and now a msg appeared saying "your application is being processed further" . Hopefully this is the start of the case office being appointed.

Any one else have this in the Aug applicants.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by sean1811
hey have just looked at our on line appi tracking thing, and now a msg appeared saying "your application is being processed further" . Hopefully this is the start of the case office being appointed.

Any one else have this in the Aug applicants.
WOW

I assume you frontloaded your meds and pcc?

Goodluck
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

yeah front loaded everything lol
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going for our medicals on the 29th - hopefully things will move as quickly for us...
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

queenb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sean1811
Hey, well done and congrats. Good luck with your new life
Thanks Sean1811, and good luck with yours. Looks like you not too far from getting yr visas
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:52 am
kjb
Forum Regular

kjb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We're August 08 applicants too. We've applied for 886 (onshore) so at least we get to play the waiting game in a place we want to be!! Will be gutted if we can't stay though Good luck to everyone - lets hope the next 6-8 months go quickly!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi 08's, thought i would keep you posted our 1st payment went out of bank on the 4th september, only got statement yesterday, phoned agent and she has confirmation of this and will send it out to us this week, now we have to wait another 8 months before we will be contacted to do our meds/police checks, so we very excited that we are in the system at last just a waiting game now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.