August 2008 Applications

Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

JuilePaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: August 2008 Applications

Hi All

We have just had our acknowledgment through and file no.!!

only problem is they have us down for the wrong visa type!! luckily our agent has emailed them to point out the error and doesnt think it will be a big issue!!

theres always something!!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

coops432 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: August 2008 Applications

Got my acknowledgement through today

Time to sit back and relax now

P n L
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SilverH
I have no idea where we are going to in Sydney. I have only spent a little over a week there in 1998 and my hubbie has never been. Going to do a drive around when we get there. Have you been before and do you know where you are going to live? Would be nice to keep in touch cos we wont know anyone when we get out there. We are in Swindon at the moment so its going to be a HUGE change...

Tracy and Kev

Hiya

We haven't decided yet either. We lived in an apartment in Pyrmont for 7 months 4 years ago and loved it but that was before children! We know Sydney quite well and I know most of the areas but we can't decide because its so expensive to live there, we'll probably go where we can afford. I think we will end up in the Northern Beaches but like you, we plan to have a good look round when we get there. We live in Coventry so big change for us too. I can't believe its actually all going through - we've talked about it for soooo long! We love Sydney, thats where our hearts have always been, we were fortunate enough to have driven around the whole of Oz and we tried to find somewhere we loved as much as Sydney but it just didn't happen! We still have open minds though and are contemplating moving out of Sydney some where further down the line, maybe north NSW??? We're just looking at getting the house put on the market - have you done any of that yet??? Its taking ages to sell round by us so we thought we should get prepared (big risk though - a little scary in case it goes pear shaped!)

Lu & Al
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice

Originally Posted by SilverH
Just a general question to anyone willing to answer.... is anyone going to have medicals and xrays before being asked to do so?

I know that it takes ages for a CO to be assigned, would it be worthwhile going for medicals in say 4-5 months time to pre-load them? Does anyone have any idea if this actually speeds things up at all once a CO has been assigned?

Hi Guys

We are definitely getting them done and front loading, probably get them done end september, we are on a 176 MODL Nurse, reason we are getting them done is that we are off as soon as we get the visa (& house sold!!) and we should have the visa within the year (applied 11.08.08). It is a personal thing in relation to how much time you have to get over there and validate as your 12 months starts ticking away from the date of your meds / PCC (whatever later). My view is worst case scenario you get them re-done or go over for a holiday and get validated, both options obviously have cost implications.

Another reason for this appraoch is that i have seen more and more visa (BE Update) applications go straight to grant status when the meds etc are front loaded, if you ahve your application in order then it should go straight to grant, if not then your CO will ask you to sort it out anyway so nothing lost and the meds are one less thing to do.......if you have a form or document missing you can sort it and email it within the day. If your CO asks for meds etc, you have to get appointments, get them over there aand get them finalized. i reckon i am doing enough waiting without adding to it !!!!

As i say it is a personal thing............Brisbane cannot come quick enough !!!!!!!

Cheers

H
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Harry_Elaine
Another reason for this appraoch is that i have seen more and more visa (BE Update) applications go straight to grant status when the meds etc are front loaded, if you ahve your application in order then it should go straight to grant, if not then your CO will ask you to sort it out anyway so nothing lost and the meds are one less thing to do.......if you have a form or document missing you can sort it and email it within the day. If your CO asks for meds etc, you have to get appointments, get them over there aand get them finalized. i reckon i am doing enough waiting without adding to it !!!!
I agree with this... I am waiting long enough. We are going for our medicals in October in order to frontload. I am hoping to buy our tickets when the Jan holiday sales are on and the sooner I can meet this personal deadline the happier I will be knowing that I have a date to look forward to emigrating. Also (and I am sure this might get some comments) we have not told family we are going yet. We wanted to wait to see if we get the visa before upsetting them. The longer they have to get used to it and knowing it will happen the better. We only want to leave in August 2009 so at least we will (hopefully) have some time with them.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

bariba is an unknown quantity at this point

yahoo, just about to make it to be an august applicant. We posted our application yesterday 27th. Hope we hear back from the embassy soon, all going via Berlin. Waiting to get registration number and case manager and than do my medical.

Hope the process don´t takes to long and we get an reply quickly.
Wish lots of luck to everyone here!

barbara
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Marcman is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know i've joined the August 08 Club, E-visa submitted today!
Wake me up in 6 months when i get my CO and good luck to other Aug 08 club members

Last edited by Marcman; Aug 28th 2008 at 5:28 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Mac SA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Submitted my online visa application on the 26th. Glad to be part of the Aug 08 club. Now for the little wait.

Last edited by Mac SA; Aug 29th 2008 at 7:08 am.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the group of Augustees, hope it wont be a long wait for us all.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:15 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile Re: August 2008 Applications

GOOD LUCK ALL AUGUSTEES!! sorry we won't be joining the club - I'll be damned if we don't make it in September. (DAMN YOU TRA!!) Diz x
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Camsara19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: August 2008 Applications

Hi there everyone

This is my first ever post as I am at the very beginning of the application process.

Could anyone let me know if they are using an agent or doing it themselves?

I have heard good and bad things about both.

Thanks

Sara
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

SilverH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Camsara19
Hi there everyone

This is my first ever post as I am at the very beginning of the application process.

Thanks

Sara
Hi Sara ... Welcome.. we are doing this ourselves... things are fairly straight forward for us... well at least i hope so... applied for a 175 - my hubbie is in IT. So far we have had no problems at all.

Tracy
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sara

We are also doing it ourselves, think it depnds onhow much time u have and how complex your appi may be

good luck what ever method u use
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by JuilePaul
Hi All

We have just had our acknowledgment through and file no.!!

only problem is they have us down for the wrong visa type!! luckily our agent has emailed them to point out the error and doesnt think it will be a big issue!!

theres always something!!!
hey

what do you mean by file no.? is it the TRN? or something else? I only have TRN, applied on 25th august.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Camsara19
Hi there everyone

Thanks

Sara
Hi Sara

We are using an Agent. I know its more money but we just can't afford to make any mistakes and have to apply again. I have to say so far we are impressed and have had help from them along the way. The app was all complete and ready to go and was on line by the agent the day my hubbie got his positive Vetassess result. The only frustration I find is that all communication goes through the agent so we can't check progress ourselves on line!!! Hubbie has a job offer and we have applied for the 175 Visa. Just got the long wait now to be assigned a Case Officer!

Good luck with you application - however you decide to do it!

Lu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.