AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Feb 27th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
CONGRATS !!!!!! You DESERVE a glass of wine !!!!!

The update on our side:
We leave 21 April, and land in Brisbane on 25 April. We are hoping to settle on the Gold Coast, but employment opportunities will dictate.
We have 3 properties on the market - no bites on any of them. VERY worrying....but we can only do what we can do...
T minus 2 months and counting.....I hope it all falls into place...

Nix
Good luck, hope everything works out for you
Old Feb 28th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by huiyin
I grant visa today...Yeah......
Subclass 138
Apply on 13/8/2007
Grant 27/2/2009
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mottie
Great news Gill ....Godd Luck for the big move
i see you are still around?!? how's your life turned out for you??!

well, nothing has changed for us.
we are still stuck with an unsold house
it's been on the market for over 1 year now and the last few weeks the viewings have certainly picked up ... but not enough apparently since we still haven't found OUR buyer

we had to go and validate our visa in november (adelaide) and it made us want to move even more!!!

we are so ready ....
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Hi All,
well it's good to see some of the "old crowd" back on (with that I mean those that haven't posted for a while before anyone gets offended)

Glass o Wine-I often wondered what had happened to you. It is only natural to feel like you do-life's about following your dream so "go for it " !!!!!!

Mark & Gill- good to hear your update-what fab news.I am sooooo excited for you guys (there are lots wtg house sales before they can start their new life in Oz so what a perfect solution for you !)
I wish you all the luck in the world-keep us posted !!!

Claretandblue-sorry to hear you are one of those "many" still wtg to sell.This recession really has been a total nightmare and scuppered a lot of "us Augustees" plans.

Nix & Mike-I hope you have some good news soon on the sale of your properties-glad to see you looking on the positive side of things-it will all fall into place I'm sure.

I too haven't posted for a long while, although I do log on to see how everyone's getting on.We got our visa last July and to cut a long story short ,my hubby started a new job in September and is absolutely loving it. With the recession hitting the UK and house prices dropping so drastically he decided that we should stay put here for the forseeable future.We are validating visa's in April and keeping fingers crossed that things will improve in the future ????? We too, have a fab life back here and a beautiful home,I think it's the fear of the unknown or the possibility of failure in Oz and not having everything to come back to should we so wish.
The job situation is very worrying tho'- I think everyone feels they would like the added security of a job to go to-I know we would !!!
In reality it looks like it just isn't going to happen for a lot of us-we're gonna have to take that chance !

Good Luck to everyone still wtg to sell their house or start their new lives in Oz and congrats and continued success to all those already there !!!!

Take Care All
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Sorry Mozzy,
I thought I'd added you on my last mail but just checked and you seem to have disappeared.

It must be so frustrating to be SO ready and not able to go anywhere (I remember that feeling well back before our visa was granted)

I wish you lots of luck hun and hope everything falls into place for you very soon !!!!!!!!
Keep us posted
x
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

hi folks, just got back from our validation trip to Adelaide, we've had the best time and the weather was glorious! and can you believe that while we were there we have sold our house, and we have to complete by the 28th march

none of us wanted to return home, but at least if the house sale goes through ok we'll be back by the end of the year.

can i just say that i hope no-one was affected by the Victoria fires, sooo so sad, i have to say i spent a lot of the time in tears.

congratulations to those who have had their visa grant, and good luck to those still waiting though it's unbelievable some still are
also good luck to those who are still waiting for house sales, i know how you feel. XXX
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hairart
hi folks, just got back from our validation trip to Adelaide, we've had the best time and the weather was glorious! and can you believe that while we were there we have sold our house, and we have to complete by the 28th march

none of us wanted to return home, but at least if the house sale goes through ok we'll be back by the end of the year.

can i just say that i hope no-one was affected by the Victoria fires, sooo so sad, i have to say i spent a lot of the time in tears.

congratulations to those who have had their visa grant, and good luck to those still waiting though it's unbelievable some still are
also good luck to those who are still waiting for house sales, i know how you feel. XXX
Fantastic news!!!! What a result.

Great to hear you had a fab trip too, we're counting the days until our validation trip
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

ohhh that's excellent news!!!!!!! - you must be so happy!!!

which area will you be settling down in??!
we'll be going to adelaide as well - had our validation trip back in november - awesome!!!!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

we like West Beach or Lockleys, also i liked Glenelg but at the end of the day i think we'll have to go where we can afford, prices are a lot higher than when we first decided to apply. How about you?
Old Feb 28th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes, glenelg is rather nice - also quite touristy (and pricey)!
as you said: whereever we can afford really - but we did like the south - strange really since we mostly researched the north pre validation trip
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by mOZzy
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i see you are still around?!? how's your life turned out for you??!

well, nothing has changed for us.
we are still stuck with an unsold house
it's been on the market for over 1 year now and the last few weeks the viewings have certainly picked up ... but not enough apparently since we still haven't found OUR buyer

we had to go and validate our visa in november (adelaide) and it made us want to move even more!!!

we are so ready ....

Hey mOZzy!!

Yes I'm still here!!! Fingers crossed that you get a buyer soon! Well life over here in WA is good, OH is working, but I'm still not working yet Have applied for lots of jobs (admin work) but seem to be 1 of 100applying, so I'm going to start looking a bit further afield, and see how I go. OH and son have settled in really well, I sometimes have days when I think ....What the hell am I doing here!! but that soon passes when I go for a walk on the beach
Congratulations Hairart on your house sale
and good luck to everyone else waiting to sell (that includes me!!)

Julie
x
Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:27 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Congratulations my dear! That's fantastic news. I'm really delighted for you!!

As Sarah said.... It's good to hear from the "old" bunch again.

For those of you undecided about the future.... take the chance. You've come this far and there is nothing worse than having regrets. We have only one life
Sally x
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Been here 6 months now and loving it! Attempting to buy a house, but that isn't easy either!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hiya,

Sorry to hear that you are down. Everything will turn out right

We're in a bit of a similar situation. We're going out to validate in April (flying to Brisbane and out of Sydney), we've had the house on the market since May and had 4 viewings!!! My husband, who does air conditioning has been applying for loads of jobs, but no joy. It seems that they want you in the country before even thinking about interviewing you. He has loads of licences and bits to sort out before he can even work in Oz.

We've spoken about it and we're going to hopefully line up some interviews for while we're over there (even if it's with agencys) and then my husband could possibly go over there to start work. That'll be fun for me with 2 young kids!! Plus, I don't know when we'd see each other!!

Rachel x
Hi Clare

My brother works in aircon on the gold coast, they seem really short of staff all the time so he should beable to find a job when he arrives, by brother popped in off the street and they asked him to start the next day.

minibelle
Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minibelle
Hi Clare

My brother works in aircon on the gold coast, they seem really short of staff all the time so he should beable to find a job when he arrives, by brother popped in off the street and they asked him to start the next day.

minibelle
Hi Minibelle,

Thanks for your reply.

That sounds positive!!! Do you think my husband could email your brother for advice? Send us a private message if that's ok.

Rachel
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

aglassofwinehelps is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy
Hi All,
well it's good to see some of the "old crowd" back on (with that I mean those that haven't posted for a while before anyone gets offended)

Glass o Wine-I often wondered what had happened to you. It is only natural to feel like you do-life's about following your dream so "go for it " !!!!!!

I too haven't posted for a long while, although I do log on to see how everyone's getting on.We got our visa last July and to cut a long story short ,my hubby started a new job in September and is absolutely loving it. With the recession hitting the UK and house prices dropping so drastically he decided that we should stay put here for the forseeable future.We are validating visa's in April and keeping fingers crossed that things will improve in the future ????? We too, have a fab life back here and a beautiful home,I think it's the fear of the unknown or the possibility of failure in Oz and not having everything to come back to should we so wish.
The job situation is very worrying tho'- I think everyone feels they would like the added security of a job to go to-I know we would !!!
In reality it looks like it just isn't going to happen for a lot of us-we're gonna have to take that chance !

Good Luck to everyone still wtg to sell their house or start their new lives in Oz and congrats and continued success to all those already there !!!!

Take Care All
Hi and thanks. Yep Life is about taking risks I suppose, it's such a shame that things have all gone pear shaped since many of us applied. I know we have lost about 50K on the house and the dollar to the pound isn't as good and then there's the bloody recession! I'm not sure things are going to get better any time soon and as we have an 18 year old we can't afford to wait in terms of his start in life.

Congrats Hairart, it's really nice to hear how everyone is getting on. It's almost a year since we were posting anxiously waiting for visa grants!

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Congratulations my dear! That's fantastic news. I'm really delighted for you!!

As Sarah said.... It's good to hear from the "old" bunch again.

For those of you undecided about the future.... take the chance. You've come this far and there is nothing worse than having regrets. We have only one life
Sally x
Hi Irishgal, are you settled now in Melbourne, whereabouts are you? We really loved it there, very different to Sydney and so much nicer. Shame as all the rellies are in Sydney so would make for an easier life if we lived there. I got lost in Melbourne when I spent the day shopping. I wasn't at all bothered. I grabbed a coffee and stood on the corner of Flinders St getting my bearings and eventually walked back to our apartment with not a care in the world. The people there were really friendly and helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.